The Journey of Dolo

• Thread starter StonerWunSimba
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StonerWunSimba

StonerWunSimba

Hi. I'm new to the site but not new new to this growing life. I am always looking for advice on how to improve my style of growing. As of right now I'm working with seeds that came inside some bud I got off the street. I germinate my seeds directly in soil so I don't have to move them til its time for a new pot. She, because I'm claiming she's female, popped out the ground Jan 5. And is now 2.5 weeks old. I want to know how I can organically boost her growth. I am on a slight budget but I'll do what I have to to get her to a maximum yield. Also is this led light gonna be strong enough to get her where she needs to be? Veg and flower? Thanks in advance for the help and tips!! Happy growing and beautiful yields to you all!!!
The journey of dolo
The journey of dolo 2
The journey of dolo 3
The journey of dolo 4
The journey of dolo 5
The journey of dolo 6
The journey of dolo 7
The journey of dolo 8
The journey of dolo 9
The journey of dolo 10
The journey of dolo 11
The journey of dolo 12
The journey of dolo 13
The journey of dolo 14
The journey of dolo 15
The journey of dolo 16
The journey of dolo 17
The journey of dolo 18
The journey of dolo 19
The journey of dolo 20

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

That light will only get you through seedling stage. You can use it to help in veg. I have two of these that I pulled out and placed in my seedling tent - but not because they run hot and I was trying to get the temps up slightly.

StonerWunSimba

StonerWunSimba

That light will only get you through seedling stage. You can use it to help in veg. I have two of these that I pulled out and placed in my seedling tent - but not because they run hot and I was trying to get the temps up slightly.

Thanks for the tip. Now I know why my last grow didn't make it!!! So basically I need more watts??

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I would su
Thanks for the tip. Now I know why my last grow didn't make it!!! So basically I need more watts??
Look at HLG quantum boards, I run the 132’s but also have 288’s. It depends on if you want to build or buy. I would stay away from purple leds in general. I very much dislike Mars Hydro lights as well, but plenty of people here are fan boys. If you want as good as HLG and don’t mind risking buying from China with no warranty (hlg is a USA company and build many of their parts here- also they will work with you and make sure your happy ) you can look at alibaba. Lots of really good options. What size tent or room?

StonerWunSimba

StonerWunSimba

I would su

Look at HLG quantum boards, I run the 132’s but also have 288’s. It depends on if you want to build or buy. I would stay away from purple leds in general. I very much dislike Mars Hydro lights as well, but plenty of people here are fan boys. If you want as good as HLG and don’t mind risking buying from China with no warranty (hlg is a USA company and build many of their parts here- also they will work with you and make sure your happy ) you can look at alibaba. Lots of really good options. What size tent or room?

Its a bedroom closet that isn't being used. And I'm only working with one plant the other 2 are rosemary. And on camera its purple but to sight its a white purplish color. The smaller light is a 7w led just for kicks and giggles on the night cycle.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Its a bedroom closet that isn't being used. And I'm only working with one plant the other 2 are rosemary. And on camera its purple but to sight its a white purplish color. The smaller light is a 7w led just for kicks and giggles on the night cycle.

yeah I’musing them now just cause I’m outa space and don’t want to put anything together before my upgrade and move...get two 288 boards in there and you’ll be golden

StonerWunSimba

StonerWunSimba

yeah I’musing them now just cause I’m outa space and don’t want to put anything together before my upgrade and move...get two 288 boards in there and you’ll be golden

I'm definitely looking to upgrade my whole system. Also is it a good idea to run these lights 24hrs considering its not as strong??

StonerWunSimba

StonerWunSimba

Also should I wait to pinch the top??? I normally pinch too soon or too late well wat I consider late.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey stonerwunsimba, i used to run lights 24 hrs, but i dont do that anymore, i would recommend 18 hrs then dark, the plants always seem to respond better when they have a little dark rest.....just gives them a chill time

StonerWunSimba

StonerWunSimba

Hey stonerwunsimba, i used to run lights 24 hrs, but i dont do that anymore, i would recommend 18 hrs then dark, the plants always seem to respond better when they have a little dark rest.....just gives them a chill time

Ok thanks for the advice. Just so I'm clear lol even tho the watts are low on my light I shouldn't run 24hrs??? Also should I lower the light?? I'm thinking of getting one 600w hps bulb to replace all my lights. But would that be a good idea??

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yes, regardless of the watts on your lights , i usually run 18 hours veg ,it has absolutely nothing to do with the light, its just about giving the plants a rest in the dark.....

Also a HID hps would be great , but maybe a little ambitious for a begin grow , you will have to air cool the light , or adjust your room to deal with the intense heat of the HID lights, if you can , look for a switchable ballast , using a metal halide (bluelight spectrum) and a high pressure sodium (red light spectrum )
That way you get both grow and flower under one fixture...

Also. A 400 watt would be great for beginner
, it can cover 4 to 6 plants.....

If you go with leds , better to ask someone with more experience in that department

Lower the light using instinct , if it feels too warm above your hand , then its too warm for the seedlings,

dire wolf

dire wolf

Are you growing rosemary in the right side of your pic ?
If its weed , then its messed up.....

Thats rosemary.....right ?

Your other plants are looking good....

StonerWunSimba

StonerWunSimba

Are you growing rosemary in the right side of your pic ?
If its weed , then its messed up.....

Thats rosemary.....right ?

Your other plants are looking good....

So right now the hps I didn't know had to be built to actually work with you outlet. Soooo I am gonna go the led route. I did so research on the bloomspec 600watt led and I think for the 38 buy it would be my best bet especially just starting out! But the hps did excite me knowing I could built something to create even prettier weed!! Ugh I love it!!! And yes u have a really good eye!! That is two rosemary plants. I had to bring one back to life but she's thriving now. Thanks!!!

dire wolf

dire wolf

Cool , probably a better choice overall , led so much easier to manage , and your bud will be the same , im just old school and at the height of my grow career , led wasnt available , dont even have second thoights , you be ok with the 600 ......

StonerWunSimba

StonerWunSimba

Cool , probably a better choice overall , led so much easier to manage , and your bud will be the same , im just old school and at the height of my grow career , led wasnt available , dont even have second thoights , you be ok with the 600 ......

Awesome. Thanks for the help so far. Its always best to learn from the old schoolers in my option lol. Especially if u trying to keep it simple effective and organic as can be.

Top Bottom