The lair of Dbear

• Thread starter Dbear180
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dbear180

Dbear180

I guess it's time I finally start one of these. I've only been on the farm for... a few years now lol. Usually just ride along & share what I can on other people's threads but here goes nothing 👍🇱🇷🤷‍♂️

Reno Genetics this run. BIG shoutout to the homie @Srenots for giving me a shot to run some his gear. Might throw a few other clones in depending on how many females I get. All Reno gear- reg seeds, germd in a paper towel, dropped in soil 1-16, had a few breaking the surface the next day.
20200130_080942.jpg

20200117_084612.jpg

About two weeks later things are running smooth in the solos under t5s
20200130_083608.jpg

Last edited:
stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Damn homie you are banging them out! I love to see so many solo cups! I have never heard of Reno Genetics, but I have come across @Srenots. I will check in when possible for the show! I wish you well with your grow and your new thread! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Edit: Is that some Top Dawg Seeds genetics in the parentage of some? I miss JJ's older work.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Damn homie you are banging them out! I love to see so many solo cups! I have never heard of Reno Genetics, but I have come across @Srenots. I will check in when possible for the show! I wish you well with your grow and your new thread! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Edit: Is that some Top Dawg Seeds genetics in the parentage of some? I miss JJ's older work.

Hes got some fire bro! I'm sure he will chime in at some point, knows more than I could tell you.

Bodean

Bodean

I guess it's time I finally start one of these. I've only been on the farm for... a few years now lol. Usually just ride along & share what I can on other people's threads but here goes nothing 👍🇱🇷🤷‍♂️

Reno Genetics this run. BIG shoutout to the homie @Srenots for giving me a shot to run some his gear. Might throw a few other clones in depending on how many females I get. All Reno gear- reg seeds, germd in a paper towel, dropped in soil 1-16, had a few breaking the surface the next day.
View attachment 935798
View attachment 935797
View attachment 935800
Nice man! Reno gear makes for some stanky nug meat. You're in for a treat.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Bought new bulbs for the t5 today. I was using 6400k hydrofarm bulbs that were at least 10 years old & half were burned out. My Lowes had next to nothing in t5. Home depot had Phillip's 5000k 4800 lumen for about $10 a piece after tax. Was gonna check out those t5 size led conversions by Phillips but the lumens were only 3500 & were $3 more a piece so I stuck with the tried & true. Maybe next time 🤷‍♂️.

So anyway we running under eight new bulbs now, gave the little ones their first big drink yesterday, half a solo each. Will prob make it 2 days between waters now & I might start slippin in a lil mycos & some weak veg nutes as well.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Fed today, weak floranova grow & some great white. Had to back the t5s off a lil bit, things were getting a bit crispy & had a lil light stress goin on. I'm just waiting for some clones to take & we will be moving outta the tent & into the veg room with the mh. Moving to the 1 gallon pots soon as well & then everyone is getting a hair cut. Gonna try for a nice even canopy this run, my last one got a lil stretchy & outta control @ the end of flower.

20200205 083655

Srenots

Srenots

View attachment 935798
View attachment 935797
View attachment 935800
Nice...

Dbear180

Dbear180

Very nice. I use to raise African cichlids in a 180 gal and had a 100 for angels. Now I don't even have a betta. Gotta get some more golffish for a 15 gal barrel by the pool. I miss not keeping fish. I'd rather watch fish than TV.

Thanks man! Same here, I dont have actual cable tv just netflix, hulu, youtube etc & the fish tank with some music is generally more entertaining for me, especially if you get a fish with some character. I'd have it in my living room if I trusted the floor joists a lil more, just my bedroom & the current fishtank room have a concrete floor... always wanted to take an old bigscreen tv & make it into a tank stand with the tank inside... I have a really cool small tank that mounts in the wall & looks like a picture when it's all hung up, BARELY big enough for a beta tho, thats only thing I dont like about it.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Thanks man! Same here, I dont have actual cable tv just netflix, hulu, youtube etc & the fish tank with some music is generally more entertaining for me, especially if you get a fish with some character. I'd have it in my living room if I trusted the floor joists a lil more, just my bedroom & the current fishtank room have a concrete floor... always wanted to take an old bigscreen tv & make it into a tank stand with the tank inside... I have a really cool small tank that mounts in the wall & looks like a picture when it's all hung up, BARELY big enough for a beta tho, thats only thing I dont like about it.
I made an old tv into a tank about 40 years ago. An old Zinith 25" tube. Removed the tube and electronics and was able to place a 30 gallon tank inside. Used the on/off switch for the light. Sure wish I still had some pics. Sat in my frontroom for years. When I moved I gave it to a neighbor.

Here's my half barrel with goldfish from this past summer.
20190816 190506

I had run out of water treatment and tried using filtered tap. All were dead the next day. Good fertilizer but I'd rather have the fish swimming.

Dbear180

Dbear180

I made an old tv into a tank about 40 years ago. An old Zinith 25" tube. Removed the tube and electronics and was able to place a 30 gallon tank inside. Used the on/off switch for the light. Sure wish I still had some pics. Sat in my frontroom for years. When I moved I gave it to a neighbor.

Here's my half barrel with goldfish from this past summer.
View attachment 938075
I had run out of water treatment and tried using filtered tap. All were dead the next day. Good fertilizer but I'd rather have the fish swimming.

Yes! That's badass! I like when you can repurpose something into something even better than what it originally was used for.

Man I wonder what happened to your water? I never had to condition water for our lil gold fish pond, prob about same size as yours but with a pump so it was kinda a fountain too. That was EMWD water.

I only recently started using conditioner again since I got the two new fish, that plecco I have has had straight hose water & no water change for over a year, just cleand the canister & filter media. Penn-plax Cascade 1000 canister filter is worth its weight in gold compared to my old above the tank filter lol.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Yes! That's badass! I like when you can repurpose something into something even better than what it originally was used for.

Man I wonder what happened to your water? I never had to condition water for our lil gold fish pond, prob about same size as yours but with a pump so it was kinda a fountain too. That was EMWD water.

I only recently started using conditioner again since I got the two new fish, that plecco I have has had straight hose water & no water change for over a year, just cleand the canister & filter media. Penn-plax Cascade 1000 canister filter is worth its weight in gold compared to my old above the tank filter lol.
I use to use untreated tap to make weekly 20% water changes for years with no issues and still recommend a 20% change at least every other week. Fish waste (ammonia) is turned into nitrite by bacteria living in the gravel and filter media and other bacteria trun that into nitrate which can build up and cause problems in an aquarium. Not to mention all the crap that settles in the gravel/substrate. I used a faucet pump (attaches to a faucet spout and can suck water or fill) and a large clear tube on the end of a clear hose so I could suck the gravel clean every week then add fresh water to refill the tank. Clean aquariums and healthy fish.

The cities are adding more water cleaning agents that need to be neutralized and we're finding some of the chemicals are carcinogenic. I'm even treating my nute water after killing all my goldfish.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Still shaking off the light stress but things are going smooth. Put a tray in this morn when I watered to help with the lil bit of runoff that happens now & just in case I'm still working outta the tent once they are moved to the 1 gals. Tray used to be for mixing up & hydrating my ss#4 but I saw some thick cheap kiddy pools the other day & honestly, the channels in the tray get kinda annoying scraping the last of my dirt outta there, so ima make the switch.
20200207 083025

Top Bottom