The Maxy Pad..."Straining" at the seams!!! (Take a peek...ROC, BOG, Bodhi, Green Goo Labs, & MORE!!!

• Thread starter Max Frost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Max Frost

Max Frost

Well Folks,

It's GREAT to be back from Hiatus! As some of you know, I've been on a break for personal reasons. When I started back up, I had hoped and expected to be coming back with the Garden of My Dreams..but alas...this is not yet to be! It's still on the radar...just a ways "further on up the road"! No matter..we've got lots to be excited about! I've procured some amazing genetics, and was able to add at least a little High Pressure Sodium to the mix...so all in all, I'm quite excited about the doings here at the Pad!! So I invite you to kick up yer feet, twist (and share) a phatty, and get ready to see some work...allot by lesser known breeders...that is gonna blow you away! (Not my growing...just the quality of the genetics)!

You'll notice some changes from my past journals. Where in the past, I have just kind of shown the whole grow, I'm not going to bore you with all that tedium. This time around, we'll focus on the plants themselves, the genetics and the breeders that make it all possible and available to us!

This round, I'm on a mother/pheno hunt! Since i broke down completely and re-started from seed, I gave up all my old mothers and am starting from scratch. This round I'll be growing out strains by:

ROC Seeds
BOG Seeds
Green Goo Labs
Aligee
Reserva Privada

Mmm-mmm! You KNOW there's gonna be some fire in there!

Up this round from ROC Seeds is his Grape Romulan and his Blackberry x Romulan.
From BOG, I'm featuring his Sour Strawberry Kush, as well as his Sourbubble in a couple of Ali's crosses below!
Green Goo Labs - Got some AMAZING gear from these guys! A relative newcomer to the scene under this name and management...but he's been an active and successful breeder longer than allot of us have been smoking! I'll let him reveal himself as he likes, instead of me trying to tell you about him.
Aligee - Running his Trainwreck x Sourbubble & WiFi x Sourbubble
Reserva Privada - Skywalker Kush and OG-18 * Special thanks go out to my brother and good friend Don Peppy for gifting me these killer beans for my birthday!! Thanks bro!!

There have been a few major changes with the re-vamp! First...I've been able to add a couple of the new Gavita 750 Pro DE HPS lights...so at LONG last...I'm back under HPS! I've enjoyed my stint with the Indagrow Induction light, and it'll still be giving service. For now it has been relegated to the position of a veg light out of necessity...but I'll have to give the devil their due...it's a bad-ass veg rig! It stacks nodes better than a T-5 and has allot more growing energy to boot! I've said it before...there's something about the phospers they use or something, but plants just REALLY dig the spectrum! I've added the requisite cooling/heating/airflow to support the HPS, so now it's just a matter of dialing everything in and finding some good mothers for my own meds!

The biggest change you're going to see here is that, I NEVER thought it'd happen in a million years...I would have bet good money against it ever even being a possibility...but ol' Maxy has gone full on HYDRO!!! And guess what...I ain't EVER looking back! I was a dyed-in-the-wool SOIL grower...getting more and more toward TLO every day! So how did a confirmed dirtbagger for life swap his worms in for water? One word...well two...QUALITY and EFFICIENCY!!! We'll get more into this down the road if there's interest, but I DON'T want to lose focus on the strains/genetics here and get spun off into a soil vs hydro debate. There are plenty of those around of that's your thing. I also would like to discuss this with the friend who's helping me and see how much he's comfortable with me sharing before I just go blurting out all about him! For now, suffice to say, I became convinced (and not overnight either) that this method will give better growth, quality, potency, yield, flavor, aroma, cost less and be less work! You can judge for yourself. My old grow links are still available in my sig. It'll be easy to make a comparison at the end and see if I'm right! From what I have seen so far...it's killin' it hands down in every department!

THIS IS A SMALL, PERSONAL MED GROW. lol...I'm just really into my gear and my hobby, so it probably looks like a lab to some of you. haha...it's not! It's just a simple back-room operation in my home that is achievable for any of you who are wondering if you can do this. You can!! I'm running "passive hydro" in modified Hempy buckets. My medium is perlite and some coco during veg. Nutes are primarily Gen Hydro with a couple of simple additions, and water is out-gassed tap water. I'll get more into things as we go along, but if you have questions...feel free to ask. We like for things to be real laid back here!

Since I'm on a 'mother/pheno hunt' at present...I'm growing quite a few more plants than normal. I'm also keeping cuts of EVERYTHING until I know what's going to be kept or not....then most of this will be given it's walking papers. I'll always do a few new strains each run...just cause that's part of what I enjoy so much, but overall numbers will be small. Any new keepers will replace a current mother. I have the room divided up into a veg room and a flower room. As some of you know....I've been living in an apartment and forced to grow in tents in a spare bedroom, so I just can't tell you how GREAT it is to have some room to work without falling all over myself!

Well, let's have a little peek at the inner workings of the Maxy Pad first, then we'll dig right into the ladies!

While the room was being readied, I went ahead and started my seed in a spare bathtub using the UNO VHO T-5 to veg. It's a SUPER light in it's own right! I had a 50-50 mix of bloom & grow spectrum bulbs however, and would have been happier if I'd had more blue in the spectrum from the get-go. I did notice a bit more stretch in a few, but overall...it performed like a champ, You'll be seeing allot of this light!

BOG's Sour Strawberry Kush & seedlings
The maxy padstraining at the seams take a peekroc bog bodhi green goo labs  more

Once the Veg area of the room was ready (enough), they went under the IndaGrow Induction light::

The maxy padstraining at the seams take a peekroc bog bodhi green goo labs  more 2

After removing the flowering LED "Pontoon" from the Indagrow (Anybody looking for one)? it made a wonderful veg light! As veg light's go...it may be the world's most expensive veg light, lol, but it did a great job of stackin' nodes and pushing out green! Part of the reason I went with this growing method is the overall increased speed and efficiency. All the plants you see here had been fully sexed (while still in the Solo cups)! had 4 cuts taken from each, and were then up-potted to their final pots by Day 31 since germination!! (Fox Farms Grow Big Quart is for size reference only).

The maxy padstraining at the seams take a peekroc bog bodhi green goo labs  more 3

And here they are, flipped and under the High Pressure Sodium! (Ahhhh)!! :angelic:

The maxy padstraining at the seams take a peekroc bog bodhi green goo labs  more 4

THE CAST:

We'll get around to all of them eventually, but this will have to be a work in progress. Unlike allot of you lucky fuck-tards out there...I have to work for a living!! :yuck: haha! There are only so many hours in the day)!

ROC's Grape Romulan:

I'm hoping ROC will make an appearance and set the record straight on the exact lineage, but it's my understanding that this cross is from an OLD Federation Romulan that he crossed with a special '"grape line" he broke off from D.J. Short's original Blueberry. These are some OLD SCHOOL genetics here my friends! Those who have grown it are getting enormous yields of some of the dankest smoke you could hope for. If anyone has pics of it you'd like to share with us...feel free to post them here! I never like to top my plants on the initial seed run, but next run, I'm planning to top early and work with them allot in veg to get a nice bush going in!
ROC's Grape Romulan:
Grape rom

ROC's Grape Romulan:
Grape rom2

ROC's Blackberry x Romulan:

Also from ROC, here is his Blackberry x Romulan. I know NOTHING about the lineage of this lady. I'm counting on ROC to stop by and fill us all in. (I'm dying to know all about it myself)! Any help you can give us on on flowering times, special likes/dislikes, history, genetics...we want to know it all, bro!!
ROC's Blackberry x Romulan:
Bb x rom

BOG's Sour Strawberry Kush:

Next up is BOG's Amazing Sour Strawberry Kush! I've run two different phenos of this girl so far, and haven't gotten that full-on strawberry queen yet! Last round, according to BOG, one of my phenos was likely the"Strawberries & Cream" pheno. It had a wonderful fruity taste that was very smooth & creamy. It also had a definite hint of strawberry on the exhale. It was super-frosty and stupid-potent!! It was not a heavy yielder, but hey...this is headstash meds we're growing with this strain, so I'll take the quality anyday!! This is VERY nice work BOG, and I know there are allot of surprises in every pack. I believe this strain has Strawberry cough, The Razz, ECSD and other stars in her lineage. The roster of cousins sounds like a "whos-who" of past cup winners!! There's so much gold in this strain, there's literally no telling what you could wind up with! I'm VERY tempted to take her to f2 and see what all comes out! On this round, I started 3 and got two females. Too early yet to be guessing phenos...but very early on one of them strongly smelled exactly like fresh strawberry's with a little leaf/stem rub!! :woot: That isn't present just now...but I'm hoping it'll be back!

BOG's Sour Strawberry Kush:
The maxy padstraining at the seams take a peekroc bog bodhi green goo labs  more 8

Reserva Privada's Skywalker Kush and OG-18:

As far as large commercial breeders go, Reserva Privada has got to top my list of favs! Everything I've grown from them has been just stellar, and I hear rave reviews of MANY of their strains! This will be my second run of the Skywalker Kush. Well, I went to seedfinder.eu to copy the breeder description for y'all, but I'm not gonna perpetuate that kinda hype crap. MY description is that it's a better than average yielding kush variety that gets super frosty. It has a wonderful and complex lemon-fuel taste that I can never get enough of. I won;t bother even looking at the description for the OG-18 either. The same olks that told me about Skywalker Kush ALSO told me the OG-18 is even better! :hungry: Nuff said fo' me!! Again...special thanks to my bro Don Peppy for such a fine and thoughtful b-day gift!

Max Frost

Max Frost

Sorry! Apparently, I went over some limit with the pics and it wouldn't let me upload any others. So...

Here's the Skywalker Kush...

Reserva Privada's Skywalker Kush
Skywalker

Skywalker2

GREEN GOO LABS...

I don't want to say too much here before speaking with him about this. At this point, I don't know how much info he's ready to have released yet. For now, I'm just going to show some pics of these beautiful plants from him, and then I'll either come back and give you more information on the company and genetics...or he may just do it himself! (Wouldn't that be a rare treat)! For now, I'll just put up some pics of these beautiful ladies and let them speak for themselves!! When you find out more about them though...you're gonna be as excited as I am!!

Grape Stomper x (Tahoe OGxStomper) bx

Green Goo Labs - Grape Stomper x Tahoe Stomper bx
Grapestomper

LemMango (Just the name alone is almost enough to make me love this gal)!

Green Goo Labs - LemMango
LemMango

Devil's Tear. Chocolate Raspberry Goodness!! HEAVY Indica!!

Green Goo Labs - Devil's Tear
DevilsTear

We just flipped and are at DAY 4 today! So, you've gotten here just in time for the show to begin!! I think it's gonna be a good one as these gals fatten up! They're ALL great, but it's always an amazing surprise to see what you get from ROC's gear at the end! If you want to know what that means...you'll just have to stick around! Also...not to be forgotten, I have cuts of EVERYTHING!!! haha! I'm not taking a chance on losing anything until I know what's keeper-worthy!

Maxy Pad Nursery
Clones

I'm sorry if I didn't get to something you wanted to see this time! It's allot of work! What didn't get posted this time, will next round! The complete strain list for this round is:

Grape Romulan - ROC
Blackberry x Romulan - ROC
Sour Strawberry Kush - BOG
LemMango - GGL
Grape Stomper x Tahoe Stomper bx - GGL
Devil's Tear - GGL
Blueberry (S1's of an old school keeper) - GGL
Sannie's Selene x Holy Princess - GGL
Trainwreck x Sourbubble - Aligee
WiFi x Sourbubble - Aligee
Skywalker Kush - Reserva Privada
OG-18 - Reserva Privada

Well...It sure is GREAT to be back with all my fellow farmers and friends! Thanks for stopping in and please stop in often! I'll try to keep this updated regularly now that I'm "hopfully" back on a schedule of sorts! haha! Best - Max

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Awesome set up my brother. I'm so glad you had a spare bathtub for them seedlings. Or you might have a scent of mule on ya!.lol. I need a bath after that post bro. All kidding and ball busting aside. Amazing job, and another great thread. I was wondering what the medium is in the solo cups with Bogs sour strawberry kush seedlings, and any reason for the double stacked solos? Thanks my brother, I see mucho success here Max. Best always. The Don

Max Frost

Max Frost

Everything looks great bro. Glad you're back up and runnin...cant wait to see those girls grow up. MGG

Awesome set up my brother. I'm so glad you had a spare bathtub for them seedlings. Or you might have a scent of mule on ya!.lol. I need a bath after that post bro. All kidding and ball busting aside. Amazing job, and another great thread. I was wondering what the medium is in the solo cups with Bogs sour strawberry kush seedlings, and any reason for the double stacked solos? Thanks my brother, I see mucho success here Max. Best always. The Don

Thanks for the kind words brothers!! It's GREAT to be back up and running! (I miss this shit sooo bad)! lol.

@DP - The solo cups are just mini hempy's. I add coco to the perlite for moisture retention while they're in the cups. They don't really need it once in the big pots. the perlite will wick up enough water from the rez. Haha...the stacked solo's are just to keep water from running out the "hempy hole" onto the table. It's just a way of making each one "self-contained". Hope that helps! Best, -Max

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Yeah Boy!! I see the Righteous has return..and i see the gangs all here..And some undesireables lol, but ill play nice..SICK setup..How you liking the Gativas? Worth the pennies? Your honest thoughts onem? Was wondering where ya been hiding, youve been building a Empire, Groovy shit! I know it was killing ya not growing, so i know this Maxy Pad 2.0 will be supreme.. Waddup @Mr_GreenGenes, @Don Peppy !! Good to see ya all. Sick Genetic lineup Brother Max!!!
Respect!!

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Max you are about to school the regular folks on dank! Can't wait to see what you do with all those beauties. You might not recognize my handle but I'm huge BOG fan and been watching your grows. Best of luck. And thanks.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Hum , first best of luck , liked the intro but hate mysteries but I'm gonna say by the lemmango that the bean turned to goo , just a educated guess , I would feel better with that guess if I knew you were a wash grower ;)

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Yeah Max I have had real good luck with RP as well I found a stellar og #18 more of a Chem Dom pheno probably some of the best tasting stuff I have smoked with a intense high as well I have some pictures if you would like to see her Max!

Max Frost

Max Frost

Thanks to everyone for the kind and encouraging words! It's GREAT to be back. I wasn;t gone that long, but I'm telling ya...even a few days not growing tends to make me ill! I can literally feel the tension building and myself getting grumpy. God forbid I go longer than a week! It can get ugly! haha! Thanks again folks. I'm gonna try to grab pics of the rest of the gals when I water.feed tomorrow. Thanks again and much love to all! Best, -Max

Top Bottom