The Mortgage Lifter

• Thread starter Blood Raw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Blood Raw

Wats good my friends, I am interested in buying a grow tent. I found the mortgage lifter on Sunlight Solutions. It is a plug N play system complete with everything. It has 36 pot sites and claims 15-20 pounds per harvest. 8'X4'X7' dimesions. I am concerned about the product because I cant find many reviews but the company has a A+ BBB ranking. Anyone have experience with this system or seen it in action? Thank you for ya time

M

MMJInsiders

"GROW 15-20LBS. OF DRIED PLANT MATTER IN 60-70 DAYS!!!"

ROTFLMFAO... Sounds like they are weighing the whole plant.... Funny.

Yea, right. Do yourself a favor and set-up your own system with that $2500 + s/h. I can hit 2.5lbs with 3 400's but I would rather not... Grab a similar sized tent, throw in a 1k or 2 600's (or even 2 1k's if you can keep the tent cool enough, i.e. cooled reflectors, forced cold air intake, etc) and have at it. If you are a new grower, expect 1lb to start, 2-4lbs when you dial it in, depending on lighting.

B

Blood Raw

Yea I was skeptical of these results myself. I had planned on starting my own DIY system but not familiar with how to set up. I also thought bout changing the lights to 600w or 1000w, would this increase yields? And if so how much could I expect, rough estimate?

M

MMJInsiders

At least you asked before getting taken. Many would jump and then come to the forums to bitch afterwords when they realized they just took it up the..

Here is a link to the SB set-ups. there is a cloner, a veg unit, and a flower unit. You may choose to run all three but it is not necessary unless you are going perpetual. You can get away with the cloner and flower unit just fine, or just the flower unit if A) you are not going to clone or B) if you choose to clone in a fashion other than aero (like rapid rooters, rockwool, etc).

http://www.stinkbuddies.com/downloads.htm

I have no affinity in any way for Stinkbud, but the systems are sound and easy to build. They leave room for design flexibility and, most importantly, they grow. You can set up a flower unit for $100 that will blow the prepackaged out of the water in terms of price vs yield.

Also, the mortgage lifter unit they show there is easy enough to build out of all PVC and you would save a ton DIYing it. I have no formal experience with that type of system, though I can imagine it would make a good SOG/SCROG set-up.

Search Hempy Buckets as well. They are super simple and can be amazing.

More lights the better... IF you can keep it cool. I have allot of tent experience. They are not easy to keep cool. My tents have force air a/c to keep them in check. Good ambient air temps outside the tent, say below 65 degrees, will help. Cooled reflectors are a must. 2 600's in the 4x8 would be all I would stuff in there unless I was going all out with water cooling, in which I would go (2) 1k, or if I had the means to keep the tent open during lights on and in an A/C controlled room. Forced A/C into the tent works too.

Study. There are so many options I can't possibly give them all here.

For yield, look at the bottom of my previous post. You're new so be conservative. Most people shoot for a gram per watt of lighting. I and many others can pull nearly double that depending on the system, some more. Newbies usually hit 1/2 gram a watt until their skill set matures.

Good luck!

M

MMJInsiders

Never got down with a Hempy? Do a quick search on them. They are a super simple passive hydro set-up. I keep every one of my mothers in Hempy style bucket and have for at least 10 years.

A Hempy is a bucket, container, etc with a roughly 1/2" hole drilled into the container, usually about 2" from the bottom. A hempy is a passive hydro system, you water until nutrient solution spills from the overflow hole in the bucket, usually to about 30% run-off. A simple schedule for them is feed, skip, feed, skip, water, skip, repeat. Plants go wild once the roots hit the water reserve at the bottom of the bucket. You ca use everything from a standard 2.5 or 5gal bucket, party cups, 2 liter containers, ez-store containers, etc. I keep my mom's in 10.5 gallon flex bucket Hempy's because of how simple they are.

beezleb878

beezleb878

I love me hempy buckets. If your looking for cloner to buy rather than build check out these.

25 spot is like 75.00 and a 49 spot is 120. Very reasonable when you price all the odds and ends if you need to buy everything.

I would consider a tent, fan, filter, 400 or 600watt light and hempy buckets to start out. Once you understand growing and your plants better than might want to consider other methods.

Hempy buckets is like a cross between hydropnics and soil. It uses a soiless medium such as coco, perlite, vermiculite, promix and the like. I see that many people seem to go with coco and sometimes mix in the others. I have seen big grows from nothing but chunky perlite as a medium.

M

MMJInsiders

I have seen big grows from nothing but chunky perlite as a medium.

:) All I use is perlite in Hempy's, except on the 10.5 gal in which I use perlite up to the top 4" or so and then a light (5-6 / 1) perlite vermiculite mix to give a bit more support and to keep the top layer from overly drying out. Just perlite works like a charm and is super simple.

Good advice beezleb.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

I love me hempy buckets. If your looking for cloner to buy rather than build check out these.

25 spot is like 75.00 and a 49 spot is 120. Very reasonable when you price all the odds and ends if you need to buy everything.

instead of buying a cloner
just make mini hempy buckets out of dixie or solo brand cups by poking a hole or three about 3/4 of a inch up and filling with straight perlite
(i use a hot 16 penny nail to poke the holes)
insert your cutting and give a shot of straight water
you will have plants in a few weeks time
the advantage over a cloner is that if there is a pathogen around? it won't spread to all your cuts
been there done that a time or 2

fwiw

B

Blood Raw

Appreciate all ya info comrades! After much consideration I have decided to Build my new indoor room piece by piece individually. Thank you guys for saving me money and time, greatly appreciated!

M

missbx

At least you asked before getting taken. Many would jump and then come to the forums to bitch afterwords when they realized they just took it up the..

Here is a link to the SB set-ups. there is a cloner, a veg unit, and a flower unit. You may choose to run all three but it is not necessary unless you are going perpetual. You can get away with the cloner and flower unit just fine, or just the flower unit if A) you are not going to clone or B) if you choose to clone in a fashion other than aero (like rapid rooters, rockwool, etc).

http://www.stinkbuddies.com/downloads.htm

I have no affinity in any way for Stinkbud, but the systems are sound and easy to build. They leave room for design flexibility and, most importantly, they grow. You can set up a flower unit for $100 that will blow the prepackaged out of the water in terms of price vs yield.

Also, the mortgage lifter unit they show there is easy enough to build out of all PVC and you would save a ton DIYing it. I have no formal experience with that type of system, though I can imagine it would make a good SOG/SCROG set-up.

Search Hempy Buckets as well. They are super simple and can be amazing.

More lights the better... IF you can keep it cool. I have allot of tent experience. They are not easy to keep cool. My tents have force air a/c to keep them in check. Good ambient air temps outside the tent, say below 65 degrees, will help. Cooled reflectors are a must. 2 600's in the 4x8 would be all I would stuff in there unless I was going all out with water cooling, in which I would go (2) 1k, or if I had the means to keep the tent open during lights on and in an A/C controlled room. Forced A/C into the tent works too.

Study. There are so many options I can't possibly give them all here.

For yield, look at the bottom of my previous post. You're new so be conservative. Most people shoot for a gram per watt of lighting. I and many others can pull nearly double that depending on the system, some more. Newbies usually hit 1/2 gram a watt until their skill set matures.

Good luck!

I want to thank you so much for your post. I too contemplated every which way to sunday buying the mortgage lifter versus building my own version therof. I'm definitely going for the second option now. Thanks for putting the nail in the coffin.

C

casualmeds

That's awesome! I like your idea for the light topmix of per/verm.. I'm gonna have to give that a try in one of my buckets!

G

gonzobeatz

FYI a "Mortgage Lifter" is a big tomato lol. So 15-20lbs of tomatoes is pretty realistic.

M

MTM

I live in the southern US and they busted a guy with the morgage buster last month and anounced on tv that this system grew hundreds of pounds per year and they are trying to charge this guy federally due to all those crazy weight claims they say that system produces which is total bullshit.They even had his system set up at the local fair last week,it came with details on how to tell if your nieghbor is growing and to call LEO if you suspect anyone is growing the DEVILS WEED

vince vega

vince vega

Holy shit...the devils weed? really? no offense but there are parts of this country that are straight-up a half century behind the rest of us.
A snob much?:icon_animal26:

Top Bottom