The Most You Have Harvested From 5gal Bubble Bags

• Thread starter Joe Fresh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

just curious for the ppl who make bubble hash(ice water), whats the mist you have harvested from a single run in a 5 gallon set up? plz specify brand and how much you harvested from one run, thx

sox

sox

depends on if you want crap or quality...normally the turn around is about an oz per lb.
i never use 5gals though...only 2os

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

depends on if you want crap or quality...normally the turn around is about an oz per lb.
i never use 5gals though...only 2os

i always get quality, thats no tmy issue, i just been wondering for the last while if its worth it for me to get the 20's, becaue right now i do multiple runs in the 5's, but it can be tedious work to clean (which i hate doing) ..so im just curious about ppl with the 5 gal bags...right now i over pack mine, but under work them....so i get top uality stuff, but could probably get more....

sox

sox

ive thought about doing multiples in the 5s just because it seems like it would be easier to work with...
but i pull dank out of 20s, so no need to fix whats not broken :)
11008166 642229745903923 1995763111 n

Love & Light,
~Sox

Muckman420

Muckman420

You can pull a zip of bomb hash out of a half # if the resins are abundant enough, fresh frozen works better for getting a better end result. Cookies should yield well along with any heavy trichome coverd plant.

MGRox

MGRox

I don't have much to add on maximum from a 5 gallon as I don't push it, but have kind of evolved a process that seems efficient without a lot of labor. Maybe it could help here or others.

I don't over fill a 5 gallon as smaller batches are okay w/ me.
--With however many "batches' you typically do; get a "work" bag and bucket for each batch. (I.e. if I were doing 4 batches, this would be 4 total work bags and buckets).
--Then I just run the work bag and next uM smaller bag (catch / scrap bag) and process this first batch.
--When it's done being agitated / ready to settle; it is then moved to a second bucket (with cold water / ice) to settle.
--A new work bag is placed in the primary bucket again with the catch bag and the same starting water.
--The second batch of product is then added to this with more ice and processed.
--This bag typically goes into the "second' bucket that has been settling; while, what was the first batch, goes to a new third bucket. (could put into a new bucket instead too)
--Repeat this for XX number of batches. Rinse the "catch" bag.
--Then take yet another "final" bucket that has all of your smaller uM bags along with the cleaned catch bag.
--Filter the water from the "primary / starting / working" bucket through these bags.
And then / or rinse, then;
--Filter the water from each of the "settling" buckets through your "final" bucket with all the screens.

* note -- each settling bucket is "lightly" stirred occasionally as it is settling.

For me, this allowed a longer and more regulated period of settling without having to wait for another batch. The whole process has ended up faster for me too I suppose. You can do just about any total amount of product this way as each bucket only has the "work" bag and the "primary" bucket just adds the catch bag. This reduces loading on the smaller micron screens that would occur if they were in place. Another great aspect from this, is you don't have to rinse anything until your done (except the catch before final) and the extra bags to rinse are all work bags (easy).

The time it takes you to process in the primary bucket, will determine the settling time in each further bucket. As you increase batch numbers, and thus total settling time; you can easily see where the output product drops after XX time / buckets of settling. This can be used then, to determine the maximum settling buckets you "need" before just dumping out the waste.

Hope this helps

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

You can pull a zip of bomb hash out of a half # if the resins are abundant enough, fresh frozen works better for getting a better end result. Cookies should yield well along with any heavy trichome coverd plant.
from buds or trim? im only using trim just for the record...

i usually put between 6-8 zips of trim in a 5 gal bucket...this run i got 16 grams...not much if you ask me...and my shit is loaded with trichs, i seem to pull more on bho runs...last time from 14 oz of trim i got 47grams of shatter

Muckman420

Muckman420

use buds more so than the sugar leaf, it aint a bad thing to leave it either. fresh cut off the plant frozen then worked.... gold in gold out

MGRox

MGRox

6-8 in one run? Last for me was 8 in (4 batches), then ISO and 24 result out. 9 of the 24 out came from the settling buckets. I don't have a super high % variety, but ok trim coverage. You may find a better result with more batches or longer settle, not sure what how you roll there. Never done a bho process, but I'm pretty darn sure that's a higher efficiency way to go. I estimate, 10-20% loss in the bubble process; though not a great way to know for sure.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

6-8 in one run? Last for me was 8 in (4 batches), then ISO and 24 result out. 9 of the 24 out came from the settling buckets. I don't have a super high % variety, but ok trim coverage. You may find a better result with more batches or longer settle, not sure what how you roll there. Never done a bho process, but I'm pretty darn sure that's a higher efficiency way to go. I estimate, 10-20% loss in the bubble process; though not a great way to know for sure.
ok, so i guess what i should be asking is...should i upgrade from my 5 gallon bags to 20 gallon bags? im usually got about 1-2 5 gal buckets full of trim(crumbled and pressed down but not super super compact, i describe it like this because thats how i store it while waiting to use it and dont weigh it out) to run...with this i usually do 4-6 runs depending how much i got....so would you think its worth the investment to use the 20 gal bags?

Muckman420

Muckman420

if you dont think the 5gal is cuttin the mustard, go big or go home.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
If your not separating strains in each batch I say go for the 20'S, save u lots of time and the bags won't be overloaded letting things flow a little better:)

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

If your not separating strains in each batch I say go for the 20'S, save u lots of time and the bags won't be overloaded letting things flow a little better:)
well i am mono-cropping, so only one strain...but i see what you mean about things flowing better...i guess ill look into the 20-32 gallon bags...

sox

sox

well i am mono-cropping, so only one strain...but i see what you mean about things flowing better...i guess ill look into the 20-32 gallon bags...
go with the 20s not the 32s...32s are a joke, there way to big.
i do 4lb runs, 4 32gal trashcans, and 11 20gal bags....been doin it this way for almost 10 years.
check my posts in the concentrate forums for dank proof that it WORKS...

sox

sox

go with the 20s not the 32s...32s are a joke, there way to big.
i do 4lb runs, 4 32gal trashcans, and 11 20gal bags....been doin it this way for almost 10 years.
check my posts in the concentrate forums for dank proof that it WORKS...

UNLESS im running fresh frozen nug...then its 2 - 32gal trashcans and 12 - 20gal bags.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

ok, so i guess what i should be asking is...should i upgrade from my 5 gallon bags to 20 gallon bags? im usually got about 1-2 5 gal buckets full of trim(crumbled and pressed down but not super super compact, i describe it like this because thats how i store it while waiting to use it and dont weigh it out) to run...with this i usually do 4-6 runs depending how much i got....so would you think its worth the investment to use the 20 gal bags?
Yeah man, get the 20 gallon. It gives the weed more rrom to move around freely and knock all them trichs around.

Top Bottom