The Myth That Enzymes & Vitamins Additives Are Necessary For Growing Cannabis

• Thread starter Judaz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have poured bloom boost in roses and it had a better smell and color soooo we cant really just relate it to pot. Npk is needed by all plants. So when you run high nitrogen through you end up with more chlorophyll..which masks your anthocyanins.. Which are linked to antioxidants....which makes drying and curing harder and harsher smoke. You dont eat green bananas

Did you listen to the interview?

P

PharmHand

Vpd does not mean shit to weeds. Co2 is at about 400ppm atmospheric(and rising). Youre right about nutes.... Biggest sales gimmick of all time is veg nutes
ALL plants regulate stomatal opening(conductance) based on the temperature/humidity of the air surrounding them. Get your vpd right and your stomata open completely allowing maximum gas exchange/co2 assimilation- maximum plant growth. If your humidity is too low co2 supplementation is likely a waste of money because your stomata will be partially closed to prevent dessication . This is well documented SCIENCE.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

ALL plants regulate stomatal opening(conductance) based on the temperature/humidity of the air surrounding them. Get your vpd right and your stomata open completely allowing maximum gas exchange/co2 assimilation- maximum plant growth. If your humidity is too low co2 supplementation is likely a waste of money because your stomata will be partially closed to prevent dessication . This is well documented SCIENCE.
I agree but, our plants have adapted to grow in many areas of our world. Including deserts and rainforest so to say that controlling VPD, is really strain depended on the environment the plant was acclimated through generations of growing in those environments.

P

PharmHand

I hear what you're saying and very much respect your opinion. You put a cactus in a humid greenhouse and it won't necessarily grow any faster but we aren't growing cacti..... But I have seen even the most compact indica, which would be the most adept at growing in an arid environment as far as cannabis goes, grow leaves 3x the size of leaves grown on the same strain with too high of a vapor pressure deficit. It's about making things easier for the plant- for synthesizing tissue. When there's the correct(most comfortable) amount of moisture in the air the plant doesn't have to work as hard to supply moisture for photosynthesis because its more available at the site of gas exchange. Also a plant will reduce its foliage(solar panels) in a dry environment to prevent dessication. This is fact, there is a crap ton of research on this. Most of us grow hybrids too which are even better able to utilize the more humid conditions

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I hear what you're saying and very much respect your opinion. You put a cactus in a humid greenhouse and it won't necessarily grow any faster but we aren't growing cacti..... But I have seen even the most compact indica, which would be the most adept at growing in an arid environment as far as cannabis goes, grow leaves 3x the size of leaves grown on the same strain with too high of a vapor pressure deficit. It's about making things easier for the plant- for synthesizing tissue. When there's the correct(most comfortable) amount of moisture in the air the plant doesn't have to work as hard to supply moisture for photosynthesis because its more available at the site of gas exchange. Also a plant will reduce its foliage(solar panels) in a dry environment to prevent dessication. This is fact, there is a crap ton of research on this. Most of us grow hybrids too which are even better able to utilize the more humid conditions
I understand what you are saying and I don't necessarily disagree. It's just that with decades of growing these plant, I've had first hand experience with the plants adapting to their environments.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

How skunky is your bud? What type of hash does it taste like?

Hard to listen to a hydro grower talk about "quality". Hydro growers only know yield.

Congrats OP. Youve learnt hydro is bullshit. The less of the industry's product you use the better. Up to and including none of it.

chillywilly

chillywilly

Well, well,well...
Years ago I made mistakes in buying bottles of nutes that the 'industry' wants us to buy, but most of my experience is from growing cannabis outside...I put some simple worm castings, Espoma Plant-Tone or Flower-Tone , let mother nature take her course, and get ripped at season end...BUT I do know of the product Nitron-A35, the real deal catalyst... made in Arkansas, 100% natural, was written of in High times mag over 20 yrs ago...the bomb check gardeniq.com ...these folks the real deal...now indoors is different because of artificial lighting...plants need full spectrum minerals to which npk are...sea weed be it laminaria, kelp, micro algae that provide vitamin, minerals, growth regulator...aloe provide sugars and a host of natural nature made food grade nutes...kiss keep it
simple and safe...
cw

chillywilly

chillywilly

I would agree that hydro would prove your application and product...but I do soil/ Coco... you must have not grown outside, in soil/dirt... natural... as it were... nature always provide... hydro is artificial...but yet still is when u have your shizznit in order...soil/medium always prove what's up...

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

In the land of the living dead, the terrestrial glory of Earth, bacteria are God. Not optional.

The only legit source of non Cannabis carbs come in the form of ferments. You cant dump sugar in your pots. It needs to be digested, the roots will suck it up if youre trying to brew it right in the pots.. Ferment it first.. You dont use your pots as compost bins, you prepare the amendment then add.

The secret to quality pot has been and always will be getting away from the hydro shop. And always taking that extra step to naturally enhance your inputs. My chickens don't eat bread and gummy worms. They eat insects, aromatic herbs and watermelons. My bunnies don't eat carrots and hamster pellets, they eat aromatic herbs and watermelons. My worms eat watermelons, not scraps, not newspapers.. I grow a lot of Watermelon Kush. And dare anyone who's smoked it to compare to the next mans who used anything short of the best tailored organic inputs. There's not a comparison, there is no equivalent to naturally formed fertile mediums.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Bullshit! My “synthetic” pure Blend Pro Grow only fertilized flowers grown in ocean forest and well water through veg and fertilized as needed lightly every watering after 2 weeks in flower were just compared to extremely tasty outdoor from the farmers out here in the woods.

And in any blind taste test we have conducted no one can tell any of this anyway. Mostly wrong answers each time we tested anything.

Especially light spectrum.

Overfertilized pot full of additives may suck but properly grown the differences in strain and growing expertise make a much bigger difference.

And indoor can have a much more stable environment which is the first main thing for quality.

I think. Environment-grower-genetics-method last.

The same cut can turn out very different in different growers hands is why I say environment first.

SinCity

SinCity

Sure, lots of tricks us tomato growers use. I'm experimenting on drought stress to see if it helps flower setting in marijuana just as it does for a tomato plant.
If there were a group of tomato grow pros there would be a whole different way to use the exact same shit.... Magic.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4301182/

I think this is one of those frequent times where we gently and lovingly remind ourselves that AGRICULTURE and BOTANY and FARMING and CHEMISTRY and GENETICS are so well known that they teach us about it in textbooks at school. We accept that someone figured out photosynthesis, right? VAST RESEARCH HAS BEEN DONE AND VAST RESEARCH WILL CONTINUE. If you trust scientists have figured out photosynthesis, then trust that scientists have figured out a whole bunch else about plants! WE ARE NOT THE FIRST TO GROW FRUIT/FLOWERS! Just think about the Dutch and tulips...;) Don't try to reinvent the wheel.

And OF COURSE there's always more to learn! That's exactly why we need to remember how much is already known....;)

Top Bottom