The new bug!!!!

• Thread starter Patriot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Patriot

Patriot

I am trying to start my new grow and I am running to a new problem....STINK BUGS...they like to eat the plant...so does anyone have any idea of how to get rid of them.

B

bonerface

This is an outdoor grow correct? If so try diatomaceous earth. You can sprinkle a ring around your grow and they should turn the other direction asap. The d earth will dry out the bugs skin and ultimately kill them. D earth is known to the state of ca to cause cancer so remember that when using it indoors. This is the same powder found in a swimming pools filter system so don't freak out at the cancer warning. If you've ever been in a swimming pool you have been in contact with it already. This is an all natural cure to your issue.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

had a buddy who had a issue with Box Elder bugs in his room so he bought a chameleon and let it loose in his room. $100 but it's the best organic control he could find i guess lol. very odd way to resolve issues but also having a chameleon just chillen floating around in your room seems kinda cool.

B

bonerface

had a buddy who had a issue with Box Elder bugs in his room so he bought a chameleon and let it loose in his room. $100 but it's the best organic control he could find i guess lol. very odd way to resolve issues but also having a chameleon just chillen floating around in your room seems kinda cool.

Dude that a really good idea too, kinda like letting lady bugs loose in the room for mites. Not sure if you can keep that guy in one spot if outdoors tho.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You can, but you'd have to enclose it. Another good animal are Tokay geckos, but they're very unfriendly and have a pretty nasty bite for a gecko. Problem is, if it tastes bad then neither animal will eat the bugs. Maybe poison dart frogs would be a better choice for that.

I had no idea stink bugs eat living plant matter.

C

CalcioErba2004

praying mantis works better than chameleons or a geckos...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
LOL, how bout some bug spray or neem insted of exotic lizards,lol
Years ago, when I was living in sunny San Diego and working for Petschmo, I had a friend who was really into his reptiles, etcetera. I got him a Tokay gecko, and he let it loose in the apartment. Next thing I know I hear these noises--turns out he had some other Tokay gecko friends loose in the apartment. No bugs in that apartment, but you had to be careful when using towels, they liked to hide under them.

Ever seen a Tokay? They're pretty cool and you don't have to keep shaking the bottle. Set it and forget it!

image78394585.jpg

Patriot

Patriot

Cool..the stink bud are everywhere...inside outside...i havent found anything to keep them away...and i have to check everyday..or they will kill the plants. I cant have any kind of lizard in the house bc i have pets that will kill it. Pre mantis, sure but if it steps out of boundries it will also be killed. I will try about the dirt and see what i can do but the little fuckers also have wings...so they can fly...its the ultimate pain in my ass...
Please more realistic solutions, thanks so much

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
well for inside, getting a ac and droping the temps can help...

Patriot

Patriot

true..but will that affect the plants...i have notice that they hate the cold weather. Who ever comes up with the solution to this pest is going to make a bunch of money

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Years ago, when I was living in sunny San Diego and working for Petschmo, I had a friend who was really into his reptiles, etcetera. I got him a Tokay gecko, and he let it loose in the apartment. Next thing I know I hear these noises--turns out he had some other Tokay gecko friends loose in the apartment. No bugs in that apartment, but you had to be careful when using towels, they liked to hide under them.

Ever seen a Tokay? They're pretty cool and you don't have to keep shaking the bottle. Set it and forget it!

image78394585.jpg

Gecko's are the meanest damn lizard I know of...they will chase you to bite you, and sound like a retarded dog barking :swear
I have no idea of how effective they would be in regards to stinkbugs though. I don't think many creatures will eat those nasty buggers. I'd seal all gaps cracks etc. and put some sticky traps to catch and kill the bastards.
Even duct tape (sticky side up) around the perimeter of the room and perhaps on the buckets as well may work.
FJ

lazarus718

lazarus718

I had no idea stink bugs eat living plant matter.

They have pretty big appetites and love tomato plants, I always thought they were harmless in the garden until I discovered them chowing down on some basil plants a few years ago...I had no idea what the culprit was until I discovered ten or so with my flashlight one night just chomping away at my thai basil. If you're outside let loose a praying mantis like one of the other posters said, they are extremely territorial and as long as there is enough food around they will go to town on any insects (even beneficials). Just be sure to only put one in your grow because they will kill each other.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

are we listing forms of exotic pest control?
i vote ant eater

Patriot

Patriot

great...where do i get a praying mantis....and also the articles dont say much about what to do once hey are in the house..yes seal this and that but its not as easy as any literate person can write...its more complicated if not i wouldnt be here asking you guys....you guys are gret help but how as pot lovers that wer are, are we going to defeat this bug that its making my life impossible at the time..

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

are they actually reporducing in your room?
if they are just crawling in that will go away when the weather changes
they like the warm weather so cooling your room off a lil will prob help
cooling to much can be a problem tho so this is kinda a extreme measure
like somebody said earlier, go buy some caulk and seal off your room, and your whole house for that matter. screw them lil bastards

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
i dont think a preying mantis would eat a stink bug

one of the major problems with them is nothing will eat them ie: no predators

amazing how fast the have spread around the country since 2001 - my dog was fucking tripping on something the other night - go over there and shes fucking with one of these bugs

havent seen one in my grow yet

S

snkrhd23

i randomly found a stick bug in my room idk about an infestation but its the winter so idk i keep looking for more but cant find any.... hmmmm sounds like an annoying problem

lazarus718

lazarus718

i dont think a preying mantis would eat a stink bug

one of the major problems with them is nothing will eat them ie: no predators

amazing how fast the have spread around the country since 2001 - my dog was fucking tripping on something the other night - go over there and shes fucking with one of these bugs

havent seen one in my grow yet

Dude, I've used these guys in my outdoor gardens for a couple of years...you will be amazed at their ferocity and appetite if you watch them in action. Here's a link that might change your opinion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z7xR3WyCMA

Top Bottom