The next "BIG" thing? Humic and fulvic acids

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kevinfever

kevinfever

As always thank you my lady. I will be checking this out. I know the humics and fulvics are out there. But haven't really dabbled with them. It has really only been of late that I've seen a lot of hype about them. The reason I am leary, and I am always suspicious of sales and marketing, truth be known. Because I know a lot older old school farmers that don't use 5 or 6 store bought amendments and the next miracle grow thing for cannabis and they are getting comparable results and are a little wealthier to boot.

Watch the market and see what I mean over the next 5 years or so, we will find 10 more products (new and improved) and of course more expensive as the cannabis movement gains momentum. I saw some kelp extract today Labeled OMRI organic cold water processed norweigan harvested kelp. But upon reading the contents there was a disclaimer on the back "not to be used in Calif organic growing. Some parts have been known to cause cancer"

Well then how can it carry an OMRI designation if ya cant use it for organic growing. Does that make any sense at all???
The onslaught of hype and marketing is dizzying to say the least. Thats why I like to do the footwork before I buy into the next miracle additive. So again folks I need solid feedback from those of you that are using these compounds and tell me why I am missing out. Especially looking for those that have done side by side comparisions with the same mediums, strains lighting, etc.

My only issue with what info I have dug up is furnished by the folks that mfgr and sell the stuff. No very impartial if you ask me.

Thanks again all for all of the great information I am able to glean from this site. You all rock!!!
that may cause cancer in California sticker is on every thing i think just living in California may cause cancer just sayn

NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

Yes. humic acid is already a big thing. It helps to lower down cholesterol level, relieve altitude sickness, boost cellular function, boost testosterone and
enhance gut health.
Seriously? Could really use some gut health supplements lol

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Yes. humic acid is already a big thing. It helps to lower down cholesterol level, relieve altitude sickness, boost cellular function, boost testosterone and
enhance gut health.

The carbon in humic acid may assist gut health, but it is long-chain organic acids and can damage your liver and kidneys. Fulvic acid is short chain, completely soluble and acts like an electrolyte in the body.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
enhance gut health.

Also, does the FDA know you are making medical claims about a nutraceutical?

Everest_Extracts

Everest_Extracts

unfortunately from what I understand thc % has become a driving factor in the legal markets (e.g. California) - I've read it's hard to sell anything less than 20% thc despite, as you say RippedTorn, the argument that THC is just one piece in the equation within cannabis - terpenes, CBN, CBD, CBG, THCv, THCa etc...

For me flavor is almost more important than effect... altho it seems that the tastiest stuff i've tried just so happens to be very effective...
Terpenes have insanely synergistic properties and THC without CBN and CBD would feel like shit so yes, all your statements are 100% true.

TSD

TSD

I don't have anything conclusive to add, just that this year I used Dutch Science nutes on my outdoor ladies and found it to work extremely well, it contains both humates and fulvic acids. I didn't feed the bloom until several weeks in because I made my own soil and they didn't need it right away. The girls were started inside and I used the veg formula, they were very happy with no deficiencies, just used promix for starting in pots. I used the cal mag a couple times, but honestly could have done without it. I'll be using these nutes again. It's a powder that you mix and it's black as sin, girls love it. I gave a few doses to my blackberry bush as well and I've never seen so many berries on one bush. Expensive but worth it if you have a small personal grow, actually goes quite far as well... you get what you pay for.

Top Bottom