The Ommp Died On Monday....did Anyone Notice?

• Thread starter jimmy the hat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jimmy the hat

jimmy the hat

Anyone with a growsite in a residential area with more than 12 plants are in non-compliance and must apply for grandfather status.....anyone with 12 or more is open for warrantless searches of their entire property.......mandatory reporting....new grow fees....plus lots more...... for the positive increased weight limits and no a non flowering plant is a nonflowering plant regardless of size.....I spoke with ommp...all this is now in effect.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

And now non-residents can't get a medical card anymore. But the statist government types decided they can have more money by allowing out of state investors, so they re-manipulate their immoral laws as they please. No problem for fat cats and corps to get in the rec game now. And no more help for your out of state family members who travel here for treatment. What about the fucking children?

Last edited:
jimmy the hat

jimmy the hat

@Herb Forester a lot of people losing their growers and access to low cost meds... I thought these were just proposals....im starting to get calls from growers and patients in a panic...and most people don't even know this happened...or don't care

D

DjangoNugs

Yeah I got the emails a couple days ago too. They did do away with a handle full of things on the proposed rules i.e. water rights, safe, etc which is cool. But its kind of read.icculus that they can just completely disregard the statement in Measure 91 saying "there will be no changes to the OMMP." They stated it multiple times, which I'm sure is half the reason Measure 91 even made passed. Its hard not to lose faith in the system when they just continually stab people in the backs. Hopefully we got another year or two before they have the money to really police the shit. Its inevitable though. They want to have one program under one agency. They want large commercial grows because it's too hard to regulate a bunch of people who just want to spread the love of the ganja. They want businesses and money, not love and medicine. The forces that be are trembling at the economic and political shift in power that is possible through this plant. But hey maybe I'm just a paranoid nut. Only time will tell, neighbors.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I'm a paranoid nut too I guess. I've been saying for a while that as it becomes more "legal" the more and more it's gonna become harder for the little guy to just grow some for their own meds. When the big pharmaceuticals and other corporate entities get involved and start manipulating laws/lawmakers into making it so that everyone needs to buy their weed instead of growing their own it will probably become more illegal to grow your own than it was before things started turning around, regardless of medical need.
Maybe I'm just too high, too paranoid and have too much of a tendency to see this country for the money-grubbing, corrupt bullshit that it is. :banghead:

D

DjangoNugs

Couldn't agree more man. I moved out here, a refugee of the draconian drug laws of the dirty south, hoping to get away from that and then they make residency requirements, cut plant counts, water rights, crazy zoning restrictions. Just making it harder for anyone to build up something good and real. These people that are doing this don't give two sh**s about this plant. They just want the money and the power to stay in their hands. I'm mean just think of what would happen if a bunch of stoned intellectual renaissaince dope growers made a bunch of money and actually created a powerful voice for themselves that demanded attention in the world. People might start listening to the ideas the culture of pot spreads about organic agriculture, charity, and lets not forget business ideas. Can you imagine how marijuana businesses could change the way a lot of business is done if the renegades of the past 40 years claimed their place in the commercial ladder. It would spread because the system is so care free and not bent on regulations. The system would change. Humans might start getting along because they can just get high with a little help from their friends, and let it go like Queen Elsa. It would be an outrage to the system today. Whats to like about that? God forbid!! Thats what the current power is thinking and they are either going to go down kicking and screaming or they will make sure the world keeps spinning right in the palm of their hand. Good luck to you @Papa Indica and all other farmers here and around the world. All we can do is try to fight for whats right. Who knows, it might just be time for that shift of power anyway.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Couldn't agree more man. I moved out here, a refugee of the draconian drug laws of the dirty south, hoping to get away from that and then they make residency requirements, cut plant counts, water rights, crazy zoning restrictions. Just making it harder for anyone to build up something good and real. These people that are doing this don't give two sh**s about this plant. They just want the money and the power to stay in their hands. I'm mean just think of what would happen if a bunch of stoned intellectual renaissaince dope growers made a bunch of money and actually created a powerful voice for themselves that demanded attention in the world. People might start listening to the ideas the culture of pot spreads about organic agriculture, charity, and lets not forget business ideas. Can you imagine how marijuana businesses could change the way a lot of business is done if the renegades of the past 40 years claimed their place in the commercial ladder. It would spread because the system is so care free and not bent on regulations. The system would change. Humans might start getting along because they can just get high with a little help from their friends, and let it go like Queen Elsa. It would be an outrage to the system today. Whats to like about that? God forbid!! Thats what the current power is thinking and they are either going to go down kicking and screaming or they will make sure the world keeps spinning right in the palm of their hand. Good luck to you @Papa Indica and all other farmers here and around the world. All we can do is try to fight for whats right. Who knows, it might just be time for that shift of power anyway.
To take that thought a step further; it's written into our Constitution that the people have an obligation to rise up when the government get's out of control, to my mind it's been out of control for far too long. That's the main reason it was so important to them to write into it our right to bear arms, and why a lot of people in power want those rights taken away.
I could go on and on about that kind of shit, I've got to restrain myself before I'm labelled a domestic terrorist and thrown in Gitmo without charges or trial and held indefinitely while they take everything I own and put my wife out on the street or worse. Oh yeah, one of the lovely things that came out of The Patriot Act, it's that easy for them to do if they view you as any kind of threat to their system. I say "theirs" because any illusion of it still being ours is just that, an illusion.
I'm gonna stop now, got me going a little bit. lol

D

DjangoNugs

Haha...yeah lets not get carried away. We don't need to get ourselves thrown in Gitmo with all those "really bad dudes" that could be thrown in there soon. (heaven help us) I'm right there with you though. I'll do what I can to manifest change in a way thats good for all but whatever happens I am going down with my hill. It's all I got, and that's all I really need.

Jboys3

Jboys3

I am grandfathered and I live outside the city limits. So if I wish, I can grow up to 98 mature plants.

I am thinking of dropping the few cards I hold for the very limited number of patients I have and just grow 98 [I really raise about 30] plants for myself. This way I would not have to deal with all of the tagging, labeling, and inspections.

I will not leave the cardholders who have been with me for the last seven years in a bind. They can have all the free meds they want, as I can give away medicine and residential [not recreational] grow legally any time I wish.

Oregonak

Oregonak

Is there a link available that outlines what changes actually happened? Have been trying to follow whats changed but it's been difficult to figure out what has been proposed and what has actually become law. My primary question is what is going on with plant counts? And did they figure out how much weight we can now legally harvest. The proposed amount was huge. Like six pounds per plant indoor and like 12 lbs per plant for outdoor. Was some crazy high numbers. Thanks to anyone that can clarify. Peace love and hippie poos

PDX Buds

PDX Buds

Yup, the new changes went into effect March 1st. I got a letter from the OMMP dated March 9th letting me know that most of everything was ALREADY IN EFFECT as of 8 days ago. What the hell? How is that the way they chose to deal with it?

PDX Buds

PDX Buds

Is there a link available that outlines what changes actually happened? Have been trying to follow whats changed but it's been difficult to figure out what has been proposed and what has actually become law. My primary question is what is going on with plant counts? And did they figure out how much weight we can now legally harvest. The proposed amount was huge. Like six pounds per plant indoor and like 12 lbs per plant for outdoor. Was some crazy high numbers. Thanks to anyone that can clarify. Peace love and hippie poos

http://www.oregon.gov/oha/mmj/Pages/rules.aspx

thornloki

thornloki

Anybody heard that it may become illegal to produce shatter or wax? There is a rumor going around town.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
To take that thought a step further; it's written into our Constitution that the people have an obligation to rise up when the government get's out of control, to my mind it's been out of control for far too long. That's the main reason it was so important to them to write into it our right to bear arms, and why a lot of people in power want those rights taken away.
I could go on and on about that kind of shit, I've got to restrain myself before I'm labelled a domestic terrorist and thrown in Gitmo without charges or trial and held indefinitely while they take everything I own and put my wife out on the street or worse. Oh yeah, one of the lovely things that came out of The Patriot Act, it's that easy for them to do if they view you as any kind of threat to their system. I say "theirs" because any illusion of it still being ours is just that, an illusion.
I'm gonna stop now, got me going a little bit. lol
Kinda glad I missed this. As you know @Papa Indica I would be in a cell in Gitmo right next to you.

Everyone was riding a pink cloud of our plant coming out of the shadows and for a bit it was sort of cool. But the Friggn honeymoon is over folks, here comes big cannabis and it will chew us up and spit us out much the way the feds, revenuers did after prohibition ended only to protect the beer and hard liquor big businesses.

the Patriot Act opened a lot of doors that we havent even begun to see what sort of goodies await whats left to our freedoms...........

M

motz

Should've been left alone far better off in the grand scheme of things.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

This is what happens when those trusted with 'regulation' are the same statist gun-thugs who've been persecuting with lies and bigotry all along. And of course making a killing doing it.

How does any rational person believe that a government staffed by sociopathic freaks, who make a very comfortable living controlling the rest of us, are going to administer all these laws with virtuous principles and moral compassion? Delusional thinking if you ask me.

R

Rajel

Anybody heard that it may become illegal to produce shatter or wax? There is a rumor going around town.

If I'm not mistaken, it's been illegal to produce high-pressure and/or high-heat concentrates without an appropriate license. Similar to not being able to distill your own alcohol without a license.

Now the OHA did just the other day state that dispensaries should no longer accept oil from non-licensed sellers, and seeing as there won't even be an application process until April 1st, that means dispensaries are being told not to buy any oil until licenses are issued. Some dispensaries have gone so far as to take all their current stock off the shelf, while some are just selling what they have, and not restocking until licenses are in order.

Gotta love it!

tj Wise

tj Wise

What number(s) can I call to contact OMMP? Or anyone else that you've needed to contact? Both my patients live on my growsite with me, and there are some things I don't understand. Thanks!

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Enemy of the State
Posted March 18, 2016 by Skunk Pharm Research,LLC in Projects. 12 Comments

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Where does gross ignorance stop and personal agendas and corruption start? How are we to tell the difference when the conflicting interests are so blatant?

Recent changes in Oregon’s Cannabis laws this week have made unlicensed extractions a Class B Felony; until permits have been issued by the Oregon Health Authority and or the Oregon Liquor Control Commission.

OHA Medical processors applications are not expected to be available until April, 1 and the licensing process itself is expected to take several months because the people who make the rules are drug warriors who are still fighting the evil weed…

The only segment of the market this affects currently are medical patients; who until now, had safe access to their medicine.

Where did our rights to use medical cannabis, which us Oregon taxpayers voted for, and what provisions have been made by the rule makers to meet our medical needs until the rule makers find it convenient to issue license’s?.

The many Oregon “extract” companies now have to switch to using methods trivially defined as “concentrating” rather than “extracting”.

The basic breakdown of what is a “concentrate” VS “extract”

A “Cannabinoid concentrate” means a substance obtained by separating cannabinoids from

marijuana by:

(a) A mechanical extraction process;

(b) A chemical extraction process using a nonhydrocarbon-based or other solvent, such

as water, vegetable glycerin, vegetable oils, animal fats, isopropyl alcohol or ethanol; or

(c) A chemical extraction process using the hydrocarbon-based solvent carbon dioxide,

provided that the process does not involve the use of high heat or pressure; or

(6) “Cannabinoid edible” means food or potable liquid into which a cannabinoid concentrate,

cannabinoid extract or dried marijuana leaves or flowers have been incorporated.

So Dry sift, bubble hash, glycerin tincture, pot butter, ISO ALCOHOL and ETHANOL are considered concentrates and therefore legal to make at home without a license. However

the last two items on the list are by International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry’s definition, hydrocarbon solvents.

() “Cannabinoid extract” means a substance obtained by separating cannabinoids from marijuana

by:

(a) A chemical extraction process using a hydrocarbon-based solvent, such as butane, hexane or

propane;

(b) A chemical extraction process using the hydrocarbon-based solvent carbon dioxide, if the

process uses high heat or pressure; or

(c) Any other process identified by the commission, in consultation with the authority, by rule.

Soo… Wait they classified CO2 as a hydrocarbon-based solvent?

That certainly opens the door for a gross ignorance defense, because, CO2 obviously does not contain HYDROGEN!!! What do the rule makers think the letters CO2 stands for?

But wait, there’s more! There appears to be more than gross ignorance going on here. If we were legislating based on safety; it would be logical to put alcohols (IUPAC defined as Hydrocarbons) into the “extract” category, while removing CO2, which is not flammable or a hydrocarbon to the “concentrates” category.

Still explosions during prohibition are a matter of public record, so I don’t think the bill that Oregon Gov. Kate Brown signed was ever intended to be about safety…

It specifically excluded alcohols that are quite flammable and have a track record of blowing up, while including CO2 which has an excellent safety record and is NOT FLAMMABLE!.

So why would they exclude alcohol and include CO2? One could only conclude that there is someone profiting from this nonsense.

So lets follow the money; who would make a profit from removing BHO and CO2 oil from the shelves?

I know of only one, the OLCC, because they profit from the sales of 190 proof everclear that all the extract companies are buying up right now! It has also given the drug warriors a tool to start throwing people in jail again which again the OLCC profits from.The OLCC is headed by the Klamath County District Attorney (aka: chief drug warrior) who’s career is advanced by prosecuting people for drugs crimes and peddling booze. How can that not be a conflict of interest and what are a District Attorneys hands doing on OMMP patients medicine? Didn’t Oregonians convey that measure 91 was NOT SUPPOSED TO AFFECT THE OMMP? But that was the OLCC’s rules commitee’s first order of business! They refused to move forward with making rules for adult use until the OMMP was thoroughly gutted! Transparency in Oregon’s government means more that openly rubbing abuse in our faces!

I think its high time to show the OHA and the OLCC the door where Cannabis is concerned! We should demand a new non biased regulatory authority that will make rules based on public safety, not profit and prejudice!

I encourage all of our Oregon Pharmers to start flooding the OLCC 541-210-8280, OHA 971-673-1234, and our State representatives with phone calls!

Joint Commitee on Marijuana legalization

Member Senator Lee Beyer 503-986-1706

Co-Chair Senate Majority Leader Ginny Burdick 503-986-1718

Co-Vice Chair Senate Republican Leader Ted Ferrioli Capitol Phone: 503-986-1950 District Phone: 541-490-6528

Member : Senator Jeff Kruse Capitol Phone: 503-986-1701
District Phone: 541-580-3276

Co-Vice Chair : Senator Floyd Prozanski Capitol Phone: 503-986-1704
District Phone: 541-342-2447

Member : Representative Peter Buckley Capitol Phone: 503-986-1405 District Phone: 541-488-9180

Member : Representative Ken Helm 503-986-1434

Co-Chair: Representative Ann Lininger 503-986-1438

Member : Representative Andy Olson Capitol Phone: 503-986-1415
District Phone: 541-967-6576

Co-Vice Chair : Representative Carl Wilson Capitol Phone: 503-986-1403
District Phone: 541-476-7896

let them know that we aren’t going to put up with their shenanigans anymore!

Call Kate Browns office (503) 378-4582 and educate her about what she has signed and how sleazy and unprofessional the arrangement appears from this perspective!!

Pharmer Joe

****************************************************************************************

3-21-16

To the question of what is Graywolf’s reaction to all of this, it is, “Whoooooa! What just happened?”

Taking away established OMMP patient resources, with no provisions to cover their medical needs, bears public explanation.

Unless it can be shown that it was through ignorance, and is immediately corrected, I suggest it bears public investigation.

Let’s start with, “how can the medical needs of the OMMP patients be so casually brushed aside?” Are illustrious rule makers ignorant of the medical properties of cannabis, or do they just not believe them?

If they are ignorant, let’s educate them, but if they don’t believe, what are they doing on a board making medical decisions, because that ship has already sailed and it is a matter of international record that cannabis does in fact work for what OMMP patients daily use them for!!!!!!!

My next would be how are such grossly uninformed decisions being made, even if they are honorable and well intended?

Clearly someone is grossly uninformed to believe CO2 to be a hydrocarbon, and not know that it is so inert as to commonly be used in fire extinguishers to put out fires.

It appears to be an issue of perspective to me, and if life has taught me nothing else, it is that believing is seeing, and that the fish trap exist only because of the fish.

Looking at it from a medical perspective, how much sense does it make to deprive OMMP patients of the medicine that has proven effective for them and so what is the fish being sought?

Certainly not the rights, best interest, or medical needs of the OMMP patients and what this intermittent cut off gain for the overall picture?

I can see from a District Attorney’s perspective how OMMP blurs the battleground for their war on drugs, includes some abuse, and be highly concerned about the number of hydrocarbon extraction explosions starting to mount.

The fish trap however makes a rookie mistake of classifying CO2 as a hydrocarbon, when an average middle schooler can correctly identify as one carbon and two oxygen atoms, with no mention of hydrogen.

It also ignores that virtually all SCFE systems are professionally built because of the extreme requirements, and that there are SCFE CO2 machines that are certified as safe for use in other medical states, and all states for extracting other materials. SCFE CO2 extraction wasn’t invented by the cannabis community and is used internationally for extraction of a panoply of different food and pharmaceutical products.

Does this arm wave fiat include shutting down all of those operations as well, and laying off those folks???

The fiat further groups all hydrocarbon extractions together, ignoring that again there are professionally designed and built hydrocarbon extraction systems certified to meet ASME, NEC, IBC, and NFPA by 3rd party Registered Professional Engineers, certified by OR, WA, CO, NV, and MD.

Are rules makers unaware that it is the indoor open blasters that are blowing thing up, not the professionals using closed loop systems and operating them professionally.

That leaves open the question of what exactly is the District Attorney’s fish trap designed to do?

It certainly throws a monkey wrench into medical concentrate supplies. Is that by intent or ignorance and poor design?

It opens the door to fill the jails and confiscate the property of felons, who are otherwise good citizens, but former OMMP patients attempting to make their own concentrates, because their supply was cut off.

If they are a high dosage cancer patient, it is a life and death issue!

Alas, it does an extremely poor job of reducing the number of conflagrations, because those folks will not be professional, nor are they likely to have the resources to use professionally designed equipment for extraction or subsequent finishing.

It blocks the development of an Oregon micro-brew type cannabises businesses, to play to big pharma, and makes the targets clearer for a war on drugs.

One aspect that Pharmer Joe touched on, that I see as highly germane, and that is that we now have the head of the OLCC, with no medical credentials, involved in OMMP, and given the decision to exclude hydrocarbon and CO2 extractions, while allowing alcohol. that begs further analysis as a conflict of interest.

Lets therefore look at the issue from the head of OLCC’s perspective and examine the fish trap.

As Pharmer Joe noted, it clearly improves the bottom line at OLCC by dramatically increasing the sales of 190 proof.

But wait, lets peel that onion! So far only the ghastly price of highly taxed 190 proof has been mentioned, which I see as only the tip of the iceberg, because the assumption is made that it will be mostly recycled, but brothers and sisters I suggest you educate yourself regarding the Federal restrictions, and building codes for operating an ethanol still.

Apply for a permit to operate an ethanol still to emphasize my point. A set up for More accidents, raids, confiscations, and citizens in jail, but also more dependence on fresh OLCC supplies.

I guess in summary, it is too hard to tell poor research from perspective and ulterior motives and agendas, but the results are so horrific, that I’m actually floored that Governor Brown would tolerate such an obvious conflict of interest, in her, “transparent government”, or the indifference to the abuse of so many Oregon voters.

Let’s start by giving them all the benefit of the doubt, by educating them and giving them an opportunity to correct their mistakes. I agree with Joe that the best way to do that, is to call and write them, so they hear your voice and the sounds of reason.

That is what I’m doing!!

GW

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/2016/03/18/enemy-of-the-state/

Latest posts

Top Bottom