The Origins of Strawberry Diesel

• Thread starter CanadaDank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CanadaDank

CanadaDank

Hey everyone!
I have a question:

I was having a discussion a while back with the owner of my dispensary in London, Ontario... the London Compassion Society regarding one of their staple strains -- Strawberry Diesel. I'm sure most of you have heard of it. Anyways, I was asking him of the origins of it, and whether or not it is Rezdogs Original Strawberry Diesel and he swore up and down that it wasn't. I was under the impression that Rezdog was the original breeder of SD. He says our Strawberry Diesel is of the same genetics (NYC Diesel x KK Strawberry Cough) but that it was originally bred somewhere Connecticut and then perfected in Ottawa, Canada. He now has the clone and holds it VERY close. He is an amazing dude and doesn't seem like the type to make shit up; and he's an old hippie that has been around the scene a longgg time. Grown well it is a very strong strain that produced huge swollen nugs that just REEK of roadkill skunk, spicy strawberries and pure diesel fuel. Smoking this stuff is like smoking juice. I have broken nugs open to have resin drip out in large globs. I mean that litterally. I posted some cured nug shots of this amazing strain in the medical section but I will post a few again. The nugs I'm showing you are between 3 and 7 grams (to get an idea of how chunky this plant is) and completely dialed in. I hope someone can help me in verifying that this is a separate beast from that of Rezdog and whether these origins are indeed accurate.

Cheers!

Insane crystals 2   strawberry diesel closup
Img 4975   copy
Img 3750   copy
Sd5   copy
Img 7295   copy
CBF

CBF

Supporter
Phffttt..............strawberry diesel is a rezdog creation, some other dude may have very well done the same cross, couldnt come up witha original name and became lame, lol and blah, blah, blah.

and i do believe Rezdog is a east coast cat, most likely conn. so if i had to take a best guess, its from Rez, let out in new england and made its way north.

if theres anyone here that can name that bud from any type of pics, ill crap a cat.

CBF

CanadaDank

CanadaDank

@CBF

Do you have any idea when Rez created Strawberry Diesel? As in what year? It would be interesting to know.

And I agree that nug shots are hard to judge a strain by... I wish I had grow pics.

So maybe the guys in Ottawa got it from Rez? huh, interesting.

CanadaDank

CanadaDank

Edit: What he actually said was his Strawberry Diesel did not come from seed, but he never confirmed that it didn't come from Rezdog.

FWIW

Motarebel

Motarebel

I remember getting my first pack of Strawberry diesel back in '06,not sure the exact release date but it was before that.

B

bckwht

Hey mota did the strawberry diesel you are using in some crosses come from seeds or did u land a cut ? Sorry if u posted this in your forum, question just hit me while reading this

CBF

CBF

Supporter
Buckwheat zat you bro?????

@canada so happens Rez was doin the strawberry diesel at the same time i was doin the Strawberry Sours(sourD X SCreme) and that was 04/05

CBF

B

bckwht

sorry cbf, i am not the original buckwheat..i was unaware when i made my name that there was actualy already a buckwheat out there and apparently very well liked and known by the community as many people have recently been contacting me about old crosses...i think its time now that i go ahead and pick a new name to avoid confusion and so i personally do not feel like a fraud

CanadaDank

CanadaDank

Correction: it's actually sour diesel x strawberry cough. My bad

CanadaDank

CanadaDank

Isnt rez located in europe? Hmmmm. CD that sounds dank.....SourstrawberryCough..... Stwberry D was a yielder....of tasty goodness.

This is the rezdog cut.. And it is soooo dank! I wonder how it compares to the coffin cut. I hear the coffin is pretty sweet as well.

CanadaDank

CanadaDank

Yes, I believe Rez passed the cut before he made seeds. That's the best I can come up with between my supplier and online info.

215 User

215 User

Still have a pack and a half of the original release & they are priceless.
(Kushman Strawberry Cough clone x SDv3)

Mota has some in the mix & you know its gonna be FIRE!

CanadaDank

CanadaDank

Still have a pack and a half of the original release & they are priceless.
(Kushman Strawberry Cough clone x SDv3)

Mota has some in the mix & you know its gonna be FIRE!

Those are old! How do you store them? And yes, those are probably worth over a thousand at least! Lucky you.

P

psychoactive

I haven't heard of another origin or source of the cut.

I was given a cut of the Rezdogs Strawberry Diesel in 2006 as well. It was selected from his first seed release, Version 1. Kyle Kushman's Strawberry Cough x Sour Diesel IBL if I am not mistaken.

Kahn Seanery

Kahn Seanery

Ddnt rez make that breed from the origional desil crosses to sc...
If anything i would say it a Chemdog 91 peno bred to sour desil crossed to sc...
So the all the glory would go to the breeders of the sd and sc..

CanadaDank

CanadaDank

I haven't heard of another origin or source of the cut.

I was given a cut of the Rezdogs Strawberry Diesel in 2006 as well. It was selected from his first seed release, Version 1. Kyle Kushman's Strawberry Cough x Sour Diesel IBL if I am not mistaken.

So does you're finished product look like the nugs I posted? That's a very special cut. :)

Top Bottom