The PH Thread.....Runoff PH??

• Thread starter Caninobis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eight

Eight

I'm glad to hear that things are working out well for you. How much difference are you seeing between the Promix VS the Hydro method that you used before? I've never tried hydro and haven't messed with my nutrient levels in the Promix for decades. I'm wondering if more often feeding would benefit anything or not. The period between waterings usually keeps buildups to a minimum, but I've been wondering if it would be worthwhile increasing the nutrients... either more nutrients or possibly the same nutrients but more often... maybe every 9 or 10 days instead of what I've been using. I would test it myself, but I have things dialed in pretty well and don't have the gumption to start taking notes and comparing potions. It doesn't get much easier and foolproof, but everything can be improved. I have quite a surplus currently and I don't know if I'm going to do another round of growing or not. Most of my harvest is for personal use, but I can't go thru all that I have in a couple years, so I also give it to some close old friends... but even they can't smoke it all. I have some totally new strains that I'd love to try my hand at, but I gotta find out something to do with all of this extra buds that have accumulated over the grows. Maybe edibles could help in using up the surplus....
Butter brother, add it to everything.👍👍

Caninobis

Caninobis

I'm glad to hear that things are working out well for you. How much difference are you seeing between the Promix VS the Hydro method that you used before? I've never tried hydro and haven't messed with my nutrient levels in the Promix for decades. I'm wondering if more often feeding would benefit anything or not. The period between waterings usually keeps buildups to a minimum, but I've been wondering if it would be worthwhile increasing the nutrients... either more nutrients or possibly the same nutrients but more often... maybe every 9 or 10 days instead of what I've been using. I would test it myself, but I have things dialed in pretty well and don't have the gumption to start taking notes and comparing potions. It doesn't get much easier and foolproof, but everything can be improved. I have quite a surplus currently and I don't know if I'm going to do another round of growing or not. Most of my harvest is for personal use, but I can't go thru all that I have in a couple years, so I also give it to some close old friends... but even they can't smoke it all. I have some totally new strains that I'd love to try my hand at, but I gotta find out something to do with all of this extra buds that have accumulated over the grows. Maybe edibles could help in using up the surplus....

Extracts my dude! Idk about you but my local hydro store has a bunch of at home extraction machines like rosin presses, countertop iso extractors, etc, and the display models are all the models the manufacturers taught the owner how to use them with so he'll let us come in and try out the machine to see how we like it. Maybe yours will do the same?? Or, i mean if all else fails, i would hate for you to have to miss out on another grow so you could just send me your surplus. I'm totally ok with that i mean it is a little bit of a hassle storing a bunch of free bud but i can probably make it work 😉🤣

Caninobis

Caninobis

I just wanted to post an update of my plant and where we’re at now. Today is the 8th day of flower since we switched the lights and I’m pretty happy with where she’s at but damn is it proving to be pretty challenging to weave the branches through the trellis so that you get consistently even growth. As you can see I maxed out once side before the other so now the whole left side of the plant is just completely surpassing the right but I have faith it’ll catch up. Aside from that what do y’all think?!?
7E463381 49BC 4D5A 98DA B956D2D0E0D8
2AA815CB EBAD 4289 8B97 35D16FDA0897
1D66DD35 F3A0 4CD7 A362 0344D0362EFF

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just wanted to post an update of my plant and where we’re at now. Today is the 8th day of flower since we switched the lights and I’m pretty happy with where she’s at but damn is it proving to be pretty challenging to weave the branches through the trellis so that you get consistently even growth. As you can see I maxed out once side before the other so now the whole left side of the plant is just completely surpassing the right but I have faith it’ll catch up. Aside from that what do y’all think?!?View attachment 917109View attachment 917110View attachment 917111
Keep on tuckin. 👍

Caninobis

Caninobis

Finally harvested this plant and its hanging now. Its giving off a crazy weird smell though. Once you get past the smell of fresh bud it almost smells like a cannabis infused teriyaki sauce 😂 Anyone know of a strain that has a smell like that?

A little back story:
Strain was supposed to be J1 and it checks a lot of the J1 boxes like heavy feeder, long flower, grow structure, but once it was in flower it started throwing purple leaves and it was giving off smells that don't really match J1 so i don't think it actually is that. My buddy got his stock mixed up and this could be seed from an accidental cross that happened in a tent that had J1 and something else in it or it could be a totally random strain he wasn't 100% sure.

bobbobby

bobbobby

Every1 keeps saying its the Nutes...! If ur Ph is 1 point under the Ph going in... But what about the Fact that he Said he's using Pete Moss which is or will be Acidic eventually... Im having the same issue using only pete moss myself right now... 6.2 going in, and about 5 to 5.5 coming out the bottom of the 20gal Pot/Tote... Its now Aug 4 here in Canada, so im sure the plant has been slowly flowering for a bit now... And im noticing the over all plant is getting lighter in color, and i can start to faintly see lighter/yellowish/necrosis w/e, blotches coming into view on most of the fan leaves...? Idk...

365204285 10160171034172605 9123007406784693208 n
365224133 10160171033632605 1997703462002081506 n
bobbobby

bobbobby

F U C K Y A S T H E N.................................................

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
F U C K Y A S T H E N.................................................
Huh?

You didn't say what your growing medium is. That matters when discussing pH. You're right, pH can affect availability of nutrients, but it depends on the growing method. I use tap water and have only tested the pH a few times.

Just looking at your leaves, I see possible calcium and magnesium deficiency. The lighter color (chlorosis) indicates magnesium because it is an essential element for photosynthesis. The brown spots indicate a need for calcium.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Every1 keeps saying its the Nutes...! If ur Ph is 1 point under the Ph going in... But what about the Fact that he Said he's using Pete Moss which is or will be Acidic eventually... Im having the same issue using only pete moss myself right now... 6.2 going in, and about 5 to 5.5 coming out the bottom of the 20gal Pot/Tote... Its now Aug 4 here in Canada, so im sure the plant has been slowly flowering for a bit now... And im noticing the over all plant is getting lighter in color, and i can start to faintly see lighter/yellowish/necrosis w/e, blotches coming into view on most of the fan leaves...? Idk...
I run 100% peat moss (well 15% perlite as well, roughly) I put my water into a 5 gallon jug 2 days ahead, i keep 1 in use and 2 full and sitting at all times. Water comes out the tap at. 7.3PH (when I checked last year) and about 100ppm, The grow that I stopped chasing / checking the PH ((mostly because of time constraints) my issues stopped and that’s when I stopped checking it for good, since then tap to jug and water when needed. I also did the same watering regimen in strawberry fields which is essentially peat moss / coco / perlite with the same results

at the moment it appears you believe you’re about to start flowering, what have you been using for neuts up to now?

What brand of peat moss did you choose and did you amend it in any way or was it pre amended.

Top Bottom