• 🎅 Christmas Sale - 25% Off All Seeds 🎄
    Use Coupon Code At Checkout: XMAS25

The plant's too damn big!

I planted this Cropical Fruit autoflower expecting it to get no more than 18" high, since the last time I grew one of these (outdoors, in Northern California) it was a midget.

This one, though, is now about 2 and a half feet tall and I have run out of ceiling height to raise the light any more. The light is a nominal 450W LED which runs pretty cool, but I'm worried about burning the central cola or maybe worse, damaging it by trimming or training.

Suggestions?

maybe some low stress training.......find some copper wire and gently wrap it around the main stem so that it can be bent without snapping or crushing the stem. should be able to get between the branches if your careful. Just don't wrap too tight to cut in.... a wire thickness that will hold a bend so the stem wont flex back , double it up or so if it is a thin wire. Practice on a power cord to get the jist of it. It doesnt have to be like a spring coil just a coil to make through the branches. The plant could probably lose a quarter of the height maybe even half.

You can try to make an anchor point in your enclosure to tie a line to - bending the top away from the ceiling? The copper bonsai training is also a good idea.

Oh IC.....I DON'T do Auto's!!! Gov't plot to reduce THC Levels and Control Seed production.
BAN AUTO'S.......LEARN TO GROW TO COMPLETION !

Next plant, move your light closer to the plant when it is smaller. It is stretched. If you want short plants, you need to move the light closer so it doesn't need to reach for the light.

Beat the shit out of it, gees I never thought of that. That'll teach it to grow sideways won't it? I love it! I'm never going to try it but Its nice to see somebody treat their plants like weeds.
It actually loved it , it grew 4 tops and totally healed. I didn't even splint it or anything. Just put it in the tent beaten and drooping.

Before

20190807_122931.jpg

After

20190912_095005.jpg

Nominated for an Oscar.
I love it make that plant your bitch, let it know who's the boss. Do you yell at it when you're bashing it too? I thought theyto be treated with kindness like gentle soothing music & that head banging sht made em droop. There you go something new, again on this site. Keep the entertainment going.

Latest Cannabis Seeds

Sundae Cookies
Sold out

Sundae Cookies

Divine Genetics
Sundae Driver x GMO Cookies
Feminized
New
$200.00
Sunset Sherbet S1
Sold out

Sunset Sherbet S1