The Plunge Into Mixing Salts For Coco

• Thread starter Lurkin4yrs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I received most of my stuff, I'm waiting on my micros and mkp, does cap use coco?

If so can some one break down a recipe for me =) I don't have a PC handy and hydro buddy don't do Mac.

I've been using micro and bloom h3ad 6/9, it has always seemed to lack enough nitrogen plants arnt as green as I'd like them to be in veg and they fade a little too quick.

Thanks guys
-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Got my jacks most!! I'm waiting for my mkp, I do have done from a hammerhead project tho...

-lurkin

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

I received most of my stuff, I'm waiting on my micros and mkp, does cap use coco?

If so can some one break down a recipe for me =) I don't have a PC handy and hydro buddy don't do Mac.

I've been using micro and bloom h3ad 6/9, it has always seemed to lack enough nitrogen plants arnt as green as I'd like them to be in veg and they fade a little too quick.

Thanks guys
-lurkin
I'm not really sure what ur asking for, but u need to figure out what formula u like and run with that .. Formulate to that and play with the salts to increase ur nitrogen ..

It's pretty cut and dry.. There's big threads on this topic already , u should read up and re-read .. I've probably read then more than a hand ful, and take notes it makes it easier to work offline..

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

Don't get me wrong I'm all for helping out the next man, but it's more rewarding and more value is attained by doing it your self.. Then u can proceed with intellectual conversation and ask the right questions.. Instead of being given the answer and not questioning why..
I'm no pro at this , and I'm on my first official salt run now and the results are speaking to me..

@Lurkin4yrs feel free to hit me up if u have questions, I could probably help find some info.. Don't want to derail ur thread .. Best of luck..

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Thanks guys, yea I've been reading and reading then I try to go back and look at everything again and can't find the same info lol like all the threads are getting mismashed in my head =X

N 97
P 60
K 105
Mg 67
S 61
Ca 97

That is the h3ad profile I've bee using with micro and bloom, I was using big bud after stretch and overdrive after week 6. Also a Moab shot at day 31ish, results are decent but could be better so I wanted to mix my own salts. This is all in 100 percent coco, I'll do some more reading but I figured I could prob get a better baseline by copying a good formula and adjusting it to my needs. I have most of what I need to start I just need to really sit down and do the math.

I don't mean to be lazy guys, I really do appreciate the help!

-lurkin

MGRox

MGRox

I'm still playing around with mediums and nute profiles xD, so I'm not the best to steer you at all. Though, since my old MG stuff was closest to Cap's formulas.......I've been running mostly profiles similar to him this year.

To me, the "white elephant" aspect of all these profiles is related to K levels. I have searched and searched and cannot find any good documentation on various potassium levels and it's impact. For instance if we compare your shown h3ad profile with K @ 105 to Jalisco kid; whom recommends K @ 280. That's a pretty large difference there and if there's no K- issues running either profile; then what would be the advantage of higher or lower K. Not found a great answer there yet. within reason, all of the profiles run all the other elements somewhat close (lucas probably most off in comparison with P).

@EveryOneSmokes I'm totally with you about learning on your own and such xD......that's why I Doh'ed.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I've been using
Veg
123-60-105-139-57-27

6ml bloom
9ml micro
5ml calmag

Flower
97-78-172.5-97-81.25-61
6ml bloom
9ml micro
1g Epsom
5ml big bud

So I went over the spreadsheet and this is what I came up with,

Close as I can get with the extra N
Veg n-p-k-ca-m-s
133-59-127-95-51-89
4g calnit
1g Epsom
1g MKP
.5g potassium sulphate
Per gal

Flower

99-74-146-71-51-89
3.25g calnit
.8g epsom
1.25g MKP
.5g potassium sulphate
Per gal

I'd like to try this in veg
149-59-154-107-51-100

This is all using that spread sheet btw

Questions
Is there any way to add just calcium?
How much sulphur Is to much?

I'll be feeding them the first veg tonight

Lmk what you guys think
-lurkin

MGRox

MGRox

I'm gonna double post on the off chance that you see this before watering........wait!!!!

MGRox

MGRox

Ok you have somehow got your "guaranteed analysis" section of the spreadsheet off with your epsom, potash and cal nit. Hopefully you get to see this before watering so you as you'll be a bit off of your targets atm. If you give what you showed; you will probably be (from what you intended) a bit low on Mg, too high on N for the flower and possibly even a bit much Ca (lol).

for veg you showed; 133-59-127-95-51-89
It would actually be; 164-60-132-201-26-58

For flower you showed; 99-74-146-71-51-89
Here you would give; 133-75-150-163-21-51

I looked up all the products you listed on the previous page to get the analysis. I've not been to that site (MB), but notice that they list ppms for each of their products when adding 1gm to 1 gallon. You can use this to verify that you have your analysis in the spreadsheet right. Also, I suppose I did go ahead and verify that all the ppms shown do match the spreadsheet. I'll list these here to help;

Yara Calcium Nitrate: 14.4% NO3 // 1.1% NH4//19% Ca - (1 gram into 1 gallon = 41ppm N and 50 ppm Ca)
Haifa MKP: 52% P2O5 // 34% K - (1 gram into 1 gallon = 60ppm P and 75 ppm K)
Haifa Epsom: 9.7% Mg // 12.8% S - (1 gram into 1 gallon = 26 ppm Mg and 34 ppm S)
SQM potash: 53% K // 18% S - (1 gram into 1 gallon = 114 ppm K and 47.5 S)

Check through your "guaranteed analysis" section of the calc spreadsheet and make sure those are the values you have. Also, enter 1 gram and 1 gallon volume for each of those compounds to verify, for you; that they match. That way you'll be adding the numbers you want xD. I won't suggest a mix to hit your target, as you can play around there.

Okay, now that's done xD. your other questions.

For Ca, your pretty much looking at Calcium chloride, Calcium Nitrate or Calcium in tap water for soluble sources.
For S. Fatman recommended N:S ratios of 2-5; though Jacks formula (321) runs ratios around 1.5 and is fine too. Sulfur is not really toxic but can lower ph or interfere at high levels.

last, for the ppms on the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet actually isn't listing ppms; but listing "active elements". I suppose it does say that just to the left at the bottom of the leftmost column. You can input EC in guaranteed analysis section; by measuring each element @ EC (o.7 conv) 1 ml or 1 gm per gallon. Then it will show a "predicted" ec (for various conversions) below the "active elements". you can use the active elements as an indicator, though it will vary depending on compounds; (EDIT)> but typically your PPMs (0.5) are around 25-30% more than active elements.

Hope his helps

- saw it was too late. Well I posted first when I saw your numbers weren't coming off right. It shouldn't be anything problematic for just the one water.

Last edited:
Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

We'll shit..... I guess that's what happens when I go gung-ho... I only watered the veg, I'll look at them tomarrow. I assumed the spreadsheet that was linked was correct, there were 2 options for calnit and I assumed it was fert grade. I didn't see a garrenteed analyst section but will look in roughly 30mins.

I'd like to learn how to fish =)

-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Ill water them tomarrow,
This should be fixed

Veg
N-p-k-ca-m-s
116-60-172-116-52-69
2g calnit
2g Epsom
1g mkp
1g potassium nitrate

Flower would be
98-60-209-116-52-104
2g calnit
2g Epsom
1g mkp
.75g potassium sulfate
.5 potassium nitrate

How does the cal:mag look?

Thanks again bud
-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Last few questions lol, can I mix everything(including trace(most))but the calnit dry? Or do I have to add everything to water separately(I want to pre dilute then add to res later)? How much trace elements do you use(I used .1g per gal)?

Looks like most has some mg(%1.43) and sulfur(%15) no sure what that equals lol

I also add about 1ml protek per gal but I want to switch to agsil(have #10) I'm sure that adds something as well

-I'm lost lol

MGRox

MGRox

Ok, I think I know what's going on here.
I assumed the spreadsheet that was linked was correct

That statement made me realize the issue.
you can use the premixppm here

you downloaded "saltmix" not the "premix". If you get the premixppm; then my last post will probably make more sense as far as "guaranteed analysis" and "active elements" was mentione.
It should look something like this:
Premixppm

Try using this program instead. It will let you plug in your own fertilizer components (but comes with GH micro / bloom plugged in). That should get your numbers right. You'll have to adjust your last shown formula as it still isn't right. E.G. if 1 gram of calcium nitrate was shown to have 41 ppm of N; how can 2 grams = 116 ppm's

As far as the profile you showed for numbers; ye the Ca and Mg look fine; so if you get the spreadsheet and such you'll be fine there.

For your other questions;
Yes you can put everything but the cal nit together as long as you make a "stock solution". You can then make a solution of the Cal nit separate and have an A&B that way.
For the most, yes 0.1Gm is fine. (be sure to add this in your guaranteed analysis.

Protekt and agsil both will add Silica and Potassium. They have their percentages listed on their site / bottles / bags.

hope this helps

Last edited:
Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Ok I'll dl that sheet, the salt mix is pretty close on ppms now that I adjusted the purity percentages. So if I want to make a stock solution for say 100 gal with say 200 ml of ro as the concentrate, I'd use 2ml of each per gal correct? Or am I'm looking at it the wrong way?

-lurkin

Top Bottom