The Pollen Chuckers Club! Homemade Crosses only...

• Thread starter TheCoolestMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hi breeders :)
I have never made seeds before...But I wanna try...But i need some breeders advice.

Im wanting to cross my male Himalayan Gold with a Bubba kush female.

The HG is just starting to flower...But all I have right are small(10inch) bubba clones still in veg.

Think I could make that work somehow?

Thanks Guys!

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Try to find another spot a good ways away from your bloom room and give it a go to collect some pollen. Then clean up your spaces to make sure no pollen got anywhere and put those bubbas into bloom. Theyll be ready for pollen anywhere from 3-5 weeks into bloom. Good luck!

symbiote420

symbiote420

I've just crossed my Sour Diesel, LA Confidential, J-1, & Larry OG with a Purple Kush and a Sour D male on a few branches, my buddy has a Chocolope imma paint in a couple weeks, these crosses should be killa!!!!

jawnroot

jawnroot

How Long?

How long does it typically take for a male to drop pollen after the onset of flowering, assuming an average 9 week strain?

symbiote420

symbiote420

3 weeks in, he's busting all over the place. I usually hit my girls at the beginning of wk 4, seeds take 3 - 6 wks. to develop. GL!

E

EACH1TEACH1

great thread. i have some pollen from THE PURPS/GODS GIFT that i am going to throw on SOUR DIESEL. This will be my first go at breeding. Any thoughts on a good name would be awesome. peace. good luck to all.

clandestino

clandestino

threw some pollen from Reeferman's Royal Hawaiian male at a Reeferman's Burmaberry female here 2 phenos from the huge variety that resulted:

IMG 2204
Reefs royal hawaiian small
IMG 21792
symbiote420

symbiote420

A frosted white ALIEN pheno X WHITE BUBBA my dream cross. As progressive u farmers are maybe already done. cant wait till raskal drop.

Yours will be a lil different, hell it might be better it's all about the parent plants.

great thread. i have some pollen from THE PURPS/GODS GIFT that i am going to throw on SOUR DIESEL. This will be my first go at breeding. Any thoughts on a good name would be awesome. peace. good luck to all.

Hey bro Sour D is a very dominant strain when crossing I crossed my Sour D with a BCBD Purps male it turned out better than I thought everything on it turns purple except the trichs and pistils she's called Dream Girl, that sounds like a killa x though I'd call it Heaven's Oil, Purple Petro or Heaven's Highway lol good luck!

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I popped some NL seeds this last spring and ended up with a couple of males. I kept the thickest, most vigorous one and bred him to almost every female in the yard. I ended up with some beautiful seeds. I'm excited to try them in the room.

NL x Chemdog OG
NL x DS (fake death star cut that i received from a friend. Looks like Dream Queen smells like sour)
NL x Sage n' Sour
NL x Sour Diesel

Fred el Gato

Fred el Gato

Crossed a Growdoc Bubble Dust male with some of my ladies, this is the Whiteberry(Paradise)at 46 days.
GEDC0528
GEDC0534

GEDC0532

Think 10-14 days left, might call it gummybear.
Grow on,Fred

T

TreFarmer

How do YOU collect pollen

This is my technique to collect pollen... just cover (in a dark cool area) with aluminum foil til dry. This is a sink strainer about 1.98. And a jar that fits nicely, .99.
IMG_20111128_202939.jpg
IMG_20111128_203010.jpg

After it is dry, VERY carefully lift off cover, and gently grind flowers to drop pollen through screen. After collecting let dry, covered again with alum foil for a night, then screw on lid and store dark and cool. Between each step, after isolating the pollen jar, I spray the area down with a water bottle to "kill" any stray pollen.
Using this tech I have collected 5 batches, pollinated with two pollen types, and have only heard of a few random beans in 11 months and 12-15 pollinations at this house. So I will feel ok recommending if you are careful.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Gummybear looks yummybear :)

Nice Work Fred!

:hi

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
That is a nice looking specimen you found in your cross Fred. Super nice.

B

Bill Bloome

Well,the game begins.Just took some pollen from a Pices Genetics SSH and chucked a six foot Mazar female,a five foot Jack Herrer female and to ensure a seed crop,the bottom branches of a fourteen foot SSH.Jimmy did a real good job on these Hazes;they are branchy(?),full and robustly tall.Best SSH I've worked with so far.All my work starts inside,then moved outdoors to take advantage of long sun days and really fertile soil.Will post results of these crosses and pics of the offspring when started.

Fred el Gato

Fred el Gato

Thanks for the kind words, and may I say that am rather proud of the results of my 1st try at chunkin. I think it brought out more of the fruit/berry smell and added a slight menthol/eucaliptis(sp) to the smell and taste.:joint:

Heres a pic of the 1st after a 5day hang, 1day bagged, 5days in the jar:
GEDC0607

Sweet and Smooth, 2 bowls for Mama and Me and it was nighty night. Not a daytime smoke(unless you work nights), and it'll only get better with age.
I almost forgot, She gave me 4z's in a less than ideal setting. So whats next?
Bubblegummer(fem)xBubble Dust(m)
GEDC0570

Dry shot tomarrow,
thanks for lookin and Grow on,Fred:rollj:

S

sirSmokesAlot

ive got an acapulco gold male plant with lots of pollen saks iam going to collect pollen and breed my own strains

M

mrhouston907

I'm getting ready to test a couple crosses I made, nychp f2 (smelly dom) x alien kush f2, nychp f1 x tres sister, nychp f1 x white sky, and nychp f1 x bilboa (diesel pheno).

Latest posts

Top Bottom