The Question

• Thread starter steelyeyes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

steelyeyes

I know that the nutient density is lower in UC because the nutes are more available. It also seems that people use less additives etc. When things are going great they take off and veg like a raped ape.

All of these are good things. What I'm concerned with is quality. I don't see that UC produces more buds per watt but with the shorter veg times you can produce more per year, which is good for those of us that have patients counting on us. They also expect a certain quality to the buds and that's where my biggest holdup is on pulling the trigger on putting one in my new room. Making more mediocre stuff rather than slightly less top shelf, A+, people stand in line when it shows up stuff isn't a direction I want to head.

So tell me about the fine ass weed you dudes and dudettes are growing in these things and make me feel better..:harvest:

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I can't comment on the weed the UC produces as I just started but from what I have seen over the last few months convinced me to spend 6500$ for my new setup. The amount of product JacK M, Texas Kid, budgoggles and the rest of them is outstanding. TI don't think people would grow in the UC if the weed was pedestrian. Have a few reads and look at the pics, these things rock.

I grew in dirt for 10 years and switched to the UC because of what it can produce with 1 plant. Yields have been 1 to 3+# from the system. The only way I have seen that is on an outdoor plant. How maney 1 # plants have you seen, let alone 3. I put my clones in the system on Saturday and had roots out the bottom of the net pots in 3 days. Anyhow, there are lots of grows starting track some of them and see how it goes. Lots of help here too for UC users.

R

RMCG

I know that several people have abandoned the UC and moved on to other mediums.

I am not sure how the end product would be any different if grown in another inert media (coco, rockwool, promix, lava, aero) with all other things being equal (nutes, ambient air, CO2, etc.)

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I know growers who change all the time how they grow, some people have trouble mastering different growing styles and are looking for the BEST WAY to grow. I have been growing in dirt for years but now that I'm legal I need to limit the amounts of plants I have. So the game became you can tell me how many I can grow but not how big. There is no other system out there that will allow you to grow 3 pounds a plant that I have ever seen. I don't expect to get that much but I do expect to be able to grow 4+ with my system. The way I look at it if they can grow great crops so can I. Growing in any medium is fraught with possible issues, it all comes down to experience and paying attention to what your plants are telling you. The one comment I will make is it is not cheap to set one of these up properly and you need all the stuff to lower your chances of issues.

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

i have seen A+++ quality in the UC.. I will be harvesting shortly and will post up some nug shots but so far the bud is lookin A++++++ i have a lot of my friends debating to switch to the UC or a DIY UC like mine because of my run with it...

F

FatFreddysKat

My only complaint on my last run was that i cut it down too early, and so I lost out on some weight,bag appeal, and overall high, although the patients it was grown for all like smoking it anyways, and actually they made the call,but this current run with it will be mine and is going longer and should be nothing but top knotch!!!And as far as ditching the system, well if it doesnt do what you want then why keep using it? In my case it is already bought so why let it collect dust, although I have thought to go different routes, and I did, I have a room full of soil going as well, and we have 2 rooms getting prepped and will be doing many different styles, coco, soil, more UC, 4x8 rockwool drip tables, whatever it takes to achieve what I and others involved are seeking, top knotch cannabis!!I do not favor any 1 way to grow, as there are just too many ways to skin a dead cat(no i dont do that, its a saying animal lovers).Enough of my insane ramblings from a nobody, besides I dont know how to grow cannabis!!!

C

crossouttheiis

Well a lot of people have noticed it takes a little longer than flower. I do agree that it can produce some killer stuff though and again it is all about genetics

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Why I have decided to go this route is for the numbers game. Bigger yields with a less plant count. I was going with hydro anyway and the one system I was going to use required alot of plants... not good as many counties are making it harder and harder to grow by staying within the numbers. It is a numbers game.... more bud with less plants and less lighting. Atleast this is how I see it.

D

DixinCider

im doing 4 plants per 1000w in rw, and i should hit 1.5+ with og.
uc is nothing special, dont get me wrong it will veg plants redic, but for all the power needed (chillers ect)
soon i will be playing around with coco, i have been hearing alot about it.
btw these plants were vegged for 35 days.

Photo
Photo 1
Photo 2
GanjaAL

GanjaAL

UC has less veg time. that is another deciding factor. Faster growth. Not sure about coco though.

D

DixinCider

UC has less veg time. that is another deciding factor. Faster growth. Not sure about coco though.

yeah, like i said. it will veg plants like crazy, but also for having plants set (not able to move plants) you have to veg in you're system. for every 4 k i fill up i veg with one 1000w and get the same results vs having to veg with all the lights on. its all about using all the light to its full potential and not wasting light.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

For some.... however in certain counties this system suits best. Less light, less plants and decent output... or the same as having a sog with many plants.

D

DixinCider

For some.... however in certain counties this system suits best. Less light, less plants and decent output... or the same as having a sog with many plants.

well, like i showed in my pictures there is alternatives to the low plant count. uc just grows them for you (its still youre job to manage and train them, without that you can expect the same results) btw less light is never a good thing.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Sorry brother... those plants are no where near the size of UC's. Check out some of the pic's with the stocks that make those look like twigs. Again.... less plants, less lights and the same output as a SOG or coco. Yes you have to work them but that is the key... why work 99 plants when you can work half that with the same results. Also... less veg time. Also if you do it right you can switch them over without having to have all the lights on.... that is, unless you are growing for a 5k member collective or coop.

D

DixinCider

Sorry brother... those plants are no where near the size of UC's. Check out some of the pic's with the stocks that make those look like twigs. Again.... less plants, less lights and the same output as a SOG or coco. Yes you have to work them but that is the key... why work 99 plants when you can work half that with the same results. Also... less veg time. Also if you do it right you can switch them over without having to have all the lights on.... that is, unless you are growing for a 5k member collective or coop.

lol? really? you're comparing stocks? LOLOLOLOLOL im growing in rw!! lol you should compare yield not stocks!! each of those plants are 5ozers++. oh also twigs? og is a lanky bitch, but boy do i love her.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Well brother... then I guess UC is not the way to go then. I will test it out and see for myself. Best of luck to you.

Yes... OG is one of thee best strains around. Not bad on the yield as I have heard she is hard to get weight to stick.

D

DixinCider

Well brother... then I guess UC is not the way to go then. I will test it out and see for myself. Best of luck to you.

Yes... OG is one of thee best strains around. Not bad on the yield as I have heard she is hard to get weight to stick.

you too man, i wasnt trying to come off the wrong way. i just want other ppl to know there are other routes to 4 plants a light and with the same yield. i just dont see the point in wasting all that power to have a unit water you're plants.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

We just finished our first run. I also worried about everything under the sun, literally. :) We ran a 24 site with 20 vertical lights. We started with 16 lights and by week 6 we were at 20. So at the end of it all we pulled 45pics with amazing quality. We have grown many different ways throughout the years. Our meeds are spoken for well before the time they are ready. This time we held our breath just hoping we would get the quality expected. Well 4 days after being cured and packaged it's ALL gone, leaving me with nothing to even smoke. :):) So needless to say we are happy and are excited for round two. After the numbers of our last pull and what I have learned I have no doubt we will shatter those numbers this run. We will be adding lights to equal 32 (all plants completely surrounded minus the front row by epicenter). I'm sure some genetics run better than others in this system, but I also now believe you can master any strain in this system just as any other. I wish the best of luck to all of you! Stay green...

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Oh and we veged in the system with only 8 lights. We didn't run all lights starting in veg. The extra power usage cause of a chiller?? That's the least of my worries in this system. The amount of "waisted power" from a chiller is miniscule to the overall package. I think my chiller runs at 5 amps. I'll use that 5 amps without any bitching of waist. You speak of the importance of light, well running with 6 ft trees at minimum, more like 8, I believe this system not only let's the plants uptake lower ppm of nutes using them more efficiently but also enhances the plants ability to take heavy light more so then any system or medium I've ran in the past. Just my opinion, but hey we all have ours...

D

DixinCider

Oh and we veged in the system with only 8 lights. We didn't run all lights starting in veg. The extra power usage cause of a chiller?? That's the least of my worries in this system. The amount of "waisted power" from a chiller is miniscule to the overall package. I think my chiller runs at 5 amps. I'll use that 5 amps without any bitching of waist. You speak of the importance of light, well running with 6 ft trees at minimum, more like 8, I believe this system not only let's the plants uptake lower ppm of nutes using them more efficiently but also enhances the plants ability to take heavy light more so then any system or medium I've ran in the past. Just my opinion, but hey we all have ours...

hey man...you ok there? im talking about horizontal growing with 4 plants per light. thats the system im comparing..you ever seen that 42 lb grow in 32two gal trash cans? its lost now, but it was a site to see. good day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom