The real magical additive, Ascophyllum Nodosum

• Thread starter Hashshashin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mitch Connor

out of desperation i decided to take a Q tip and swab some Liquefied Organic Kelp extract directly on the wound.. Was this a bad move?

If it was a diluted amount, then it will be beneficial to the open wound. If you stuck your q-tip directly from the bottle to the plant, chances are the undiluted application might have been too much.

My suggestion would be to rinse it off and apply at a foliar level strength. Or see what happens at full strength. Maybe you'll get some sort of super branch lol!

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

If it was a diluted amount, then it will be beneficial to the open wound. If you stuck your q-tip directly from the bottle to the plant, chances are the undiluted application might have been too much.

My suggestion would be to rinse it off and apply at a foliar level strength. Or see what happens at full strength. Maybe you'll get some sort of super branch lol!

unfortunately it was not diluted.. so far the branch in question is holding on.. the tertiary shoots have adjusted and are reaching vertically for the light. i have been applying frequent folliar feeds and i think its helping. i have been observing the wound, and im pretty sure that it is beginning to heal up!

urbanite420

urbanite420

Dont forget to tie the wounds together. they will fuse together if you tie them together just right. u can use the green garden tape or a once cut rubberband to tie them back together. i would advise against twist ties or anything that is that thin as that can eventually girdle what you are trying to save.

D

dican01

I just (started to) mix up my Maxicrop powder, which is allegedly highly soluble in water, and oh my God I made such a fucking mess. That stuff is DARK. Now I'll find out if it stains.

So, did you folks who ordered from Hydro-Gardens notice their Huma-Kelp product?

I'm not sure I'd like the humic already mixed, but then again maybe it's a more efficient combo. Right now I'm finishing using up my MicroHume, got a gallon of Humax and as I said, am mixing up the dry Maxicrop into a liquid with an application rate of 1-2tsp/gallon, which is much, much more concentrated than any other kelp extract I've used thus far.

how do you like maxicrop??

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I like it a lot, but I think next time I'll get it already in solution. Mixing your own means you have to store it somehow so there's no spoilage. I still keep kelp meal and extract in the arsenal as well.

They LOVE getting a foliar with this stuff, that's for sure. It also makes a fantastic quick tea along with worm castings.

D

dican01

don't get the liquid from maxicrop. there is chlorine in it. the chlorine comes from the cheap water they use to mix it with at the plant here in the us. the soluble powder is a superior product. i store it alongside my liquid nutrients. the powder is much cheaper too. i don't mind mixing it myself as it mixes pretty good. the water turns almost black, i love using this stuff.

i completely agree about spraying them too. instant results. they love it. i add a couple teaspoons at the very end of brewing compost tea(which i also love as a foliar spray.)

T

TwoCreeks

I picked up a recycled 275 gallon IBC tote for an outdoor irrigation reservoir that was labeled ascophyllum nodosum plus 5% FE. It had about 6 inches of liquid left in the bottom that smelled just like fresh kelp from the ocean. It was imported from Ireland and used for turf fertilization. I filled it with water and have been using it to irrigate a few plants. They are seeming to like it.....

Z

zonama

This is a great thread. Lots of good info everyone. Ive noticed maxicrop powder works good on stressed and sick plants and trees also, its good stuff.

C

CT Guy

Didn't read the whole thread but wanted to comment that there's better products than Maxicrop. You want cold water processed ascophyllum nodosum. Nature's Essence SEP or Acadian Seaplants are two good choices for powder.

C

chillsmoker

I just realized this is what Humboldt's Own Gravity is derrived from, not sure if anyone has mentioned that yet, but I don't think it is organic though, only contains some organically derrived nutes, correct me if I am wrong though. Just started by TLO sub supersoil mix up should be sick! Blaze on farmers

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

Has anyone checked out Kelp4less.com or their shop on ebay? they have bulk dry water soluable kelp and other stuff.. i think im gonna try it out. they also have gallons of sea kelp extract on their EBAY store(that appears clear in the pic).. Could be KELPAK?

cauldron

cauldron

Kelpak and Cambrian Products used to be one in the same, both still use the same processing methods (high pressure mill) for their Ecklonia Maxima. IDK if the person asking for a good US distributor for this product is still following this thread, but here is the same product by Cambrian:

Ecklonia Kelp

G

GrimloxK

hey buds I got a quick question.

I have a sweet tooth coming up on 2 weeks and i'm gonna transplant her from a solo cup into a 1 gallon container next week. I know that there are some stress put on plants when xplanting...

SOOO....

I have some Neptunes Harvest seaweed liquid extract and I was wondering if I should use it when I water my girl before her xplant.

If so should I just use a couple drops instead of 5ml, since my girl is still so young?

B

big ballin 88

Crazy to see this thread is still going. I forgot my password to hashshashin, but glad to see where people have gone with this info.

Abek666

Abek666

very nice info thanks, just must find a good distributor for it over here in the eu

peace and puffs

Chandra

Chandra

Thanks for putting it better than i could. I dont spend much time here, so i feel bad for not answering questions. I believe AN is a better all around sea kelp while bull kelp is great for their PGH.

Kelpak is better suited for veg as in flower it may take away from the flowering potential after the stretch. It will also probably make a larger stretch and more branches. Kelpak/AN can decrease leaf senescence which is usually what you see at the end of a grow cycle so i avoid it after the stretch. This is because i believe in letting the leaves use up their sugar and wouldn't like to keep them around longer as it is. IMO this increases harvest time which is ok if your patient.

People think all AN extract is equal but its not. In the US however most AN comes from Acadian Seaplants as noted earlier If your gonna buy maxi your better off doing the soak method mentioned above. Thats how i've done for weeks, until the recent switch to the soluble powder. I'm never going back...

Afrikelp is another kelp species from Ecklonia maxima high in auxins. Similar to kelpak
this company headquartered in Cape Town South Africa
Checkout their website
www.afrikelp.com

Top Bottom