The six pack formula

• Thread starter TylerDurden119
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pork

pork

a: nitrates...so Calcium NItrate and Potassium NIitrate
b: phosphates and sulfates...MKP, Potash, Epsom salts, potentiall micros depending on what you've got

GrowingINheaven

GrowingINheaven

For micros I got EDTA (Co, Zn, Mn) , sodium molybdate, Fe eddha, Fe dtpa and. Boron. Can anyone help me on putting together my micros?

ttystikk

ttystikk

a: nitrates...so Calcium NItrate and Potassium NIitrate
b: phosphates and sulfates...MKP, Potash, Epsom salts, potentiall micros depending on what you've got

NO. Do your A/B mix like this;
A. Everything with Calcium in it
B. Everything else, especially if it has sulfur in it

Do it the way you suggest and you run the risk of calcium and sulfur getting together, locking out and creating gooey gypsum deposits all over the floor of your res. Good for soil/organics, bad juju for hydro where everything must be fully available.

GrowingINheaven

GrowingINheaven

Do it the way you suggest and you run the risk of calcium and sulfur getting together, locking out and creating gooey gypsum deposits all over the floor of your res. Good for soil/organics, bad juju for hydro where everything must be fully available.
What was the error? Sorry for being redundant but this seems to be a delicate prosees so I jut want to understand? We're you taing about porks response?

ttystikk

ttystikk

For micros I got EDTA (Co, Zn, Mn) , sodium molybdate, Fe eddha, Fe dtpa and. Boron. Can anyone help me on putting together my micros?

Unless you're a research chemist or a graduate level botanist of some sort, I would seriously stay the fuck away from trying to create a micronutrient mix, because these micros are VERY POISONOUS and screwing up the levels could make you very sick. Besides, plenty of good micronutrient mixes exist, so why reinvent the wheel?

Two I like are Jacks MOST, or Mix Of Soluble Traces if you like dry, and Bio-Genesis' Mineral Matrix if you prefer a liquid. Both are affordable, complete, and I'll vouch for their effectiveness!

ttystikk

ttystikk

What was the error? Sorry for being redundant but this seems to be a delicate prosees so I jut want to understand? We're you taing about porks response?

Going thru his process, it looks like he avoids the error of mixing calcium and epsom salts- or potassium sulfate. While there are other chemical combinations that like to preciptate out of solution, calcium and sulfur are the worst offenders. The method I suggested above achieves the same results, it's just generally easier to keep straight.

GrowingINheaven

GrowingINheaven

Unless you're a research chemist or a graduate level botanist of some sort, I would seriously stay the fuck away from trying to create a micronutrient mix, because these micros are VERY POISONOUS and screwing up the levels could make you very sick. Besides, plenty of good micronutrient mixes exist, so why reinvent the wheel?

Two I like are Jacks MOST, or Mix Of Soluble Traces if you like dry, and Bio-Genesis' Mineral Matrix if you prefer a liquid. Both are affordable, complete, and I'll vouch for their effectiveness!
I got a good buddy of mine that is extremely talented in chemistry, biology and bot. He gave me ll of the above, so that's what I'm working with. He does not always have the time for me unfortunitly. He just had another baby And moving right now. And not just that his education is so superior to mine that his vocabulary tends to be hard to keep up with. I do know e % of all of them.. I just got to connect the dots and make sure my math and weights are on point

ttystikk

ttystikk

I got a good buddy of mine that is extremely talented in chemistry, biology and bot. He gave me ll of the above, so that's what I'm working with. He does not always have the time for me unfortunitly. He just had another baby And moving right now. And not just that his education is so superior to mine that his vocabulary tends to be hard to keep up with. I do know e % of all of them.. I just got to connect the dots and make sure my math and weights are on point

I'm still not sure what you look to gain from creating your own micro mix. If it's the sheer interest in trying something new, that's cool, but I guess I'm still a bit lost about what current micronutrient formulas are missing?

I'm not trying to say that all micro solutions have everything you might need. On the other hand, starting with one and then carefully amending it with things like boron or triacontanol may yield the results you seek with less effort.

GrowingINheaven

GrowingINheaven

I'm still not sure what you look to gain from creating your own micro mix. If it's the sheer interest in trying something new, that's cool, but I guess I'm still a bit lost about what current micronutrient formulas are missing?

I'm not trying to say that all micro solutions have everything you might need. On the other hand, starting with one and then carefully amending it with things like boron or triacontanol may yield the results you seek with less effort.
The knowledge and understanding of molar weights. And the fact I'm short on cash so I don't wanna spend when I have what I need right I front of me. I really thankful for your help

ttystikk

ttystikk

The knowledge and understanding of molar weights. And the fact I'm short on cash so I don't wanna spend when I have what I need right I front of me. I really thankful for your help

Saving money is a great motivator- works damn near every time for me! I'm interested to see what you come up with!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

If I was using Ca Nitrite, MKP, K Sulfate, K Nitrate, Epsom and Micros, I would dissolve the Ca Nitrate in bucket A, dissolve everything else in bucket B, then combine both solutions, is that correct??

Also, is there a specific way to combine the salts in bucket B??

pork

pork

if you say so...but reading:

certainly says that nitrates should go in the A....

ttystikk

ttystikk

The way I understand it, the most suceptible nutrient components to flocculation are sulphur and calcium. Keeping them separated is thus the main goal, right?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I think both of ya'll are correct. Pork said Ca and K Nitrates in A, then MKP, K sulfate, Mg Sulfate and Micros in B.

ttystikk said Ca in A and everything else in B, so your both keeping Ca and S seperate which is the main issue when mixing the 'six pack' ferts, I think.

Coir

Coir

You can safely mix everything EXCEPT the CaNo3 in one container. Never mix concentrated CaNo3 with anything that has sulfur in it whether dry or as a stock solution. The only safe way to mix them is once they are diluted to actual feeding levels.

GrowingINheaven

GrowingINheaven

You can safely mix everything EXCEPT the CaNo3 in one container. Never mix concentrated CaNo3 with anything that has sulfur in it whether dry or as a stock solution. The only safe way to mix them is once they are diluted to actual feeding levels.
I like to keep my mgso4 apart from my two part. Making it a three part. I have high stock solutions. When I keep them together i notice flocculation. I also use Ksi. In hard water, 325 ppm.

Top Bottom