theherbalizor's Penetrator 345w Test

• Thread starter theherbalizor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Well folks, I finally went and did it.... Broke from my Jewish traditions and splashed out. I spent some money, mullah, wonga - some dosh.

And got me a Hydro-Grow Penetrator 345w LED unit.

After seeing some very impressive pics posted by LEDgirl and some very promising starts to some independant grows I decided to have a chat with LEDgirl and see what these units were all about.

After some deep consideration and a very nice offer of a slightly discounted price , I finally have a nice, very bright Penetrator 345w.

Now as you can see, I owe nothing to LEDgirl. In saying this... This is not a free tester. The reason for discount was that of a medical one. So my testing will be completely unbiased. And if I can pull off results half as good as Boss, Tobor and few others then I will be a very happy camper and it will be money well spent. If at the end of my first 60 days I am not happy, then I will be trying out Hydro-Grows returns policy. But I doubt I will have to use that.... I hopes not anyway.

But before I commence with the show, please some civilities, if I may.

Please leave all science talk and anything relating to the fields of LED's until the end, or perhaps, if requested enough I will start a sister thread for these conversations withwhich we can referrence posts in this thread and others. I wish to keep my thread clean and easy to follow. I hope this makes sense. This is not aimed at ANYONE in particular.

Ok, so the setup.

At first I was a little shocked at the heat from the unit. Dont get me wrong its not going to burn anything nor even cause discomfort if handled after a days use. Its just not as cool as I thought - when contained in a tiny tent.

I decided to go for a DR80 to test this in. Figured the slightly smaller area will be beneficial. And at the moment I am using a TD160/100 fan extract on max setting with a nasty budget carbon (All to be replaced with a RVK125 and matching carb next week). Intake is another TD160/100 but on slow setting and then dimmed so as to keep neg pressure. Them shit carbons really do (sorry) suck the life from the little fans.

Temps at 12" from LED unit are 24.6 Deg c. And RH at 69 - nasty weather at the mo.

As to plants and medium etc. Well I was going to be running this in a 1 m tent with my run to waste system - coco with 20 or so plants no veg. But due to shipping delays (ups fault), those clones are now little bushes so decided to go another route.

I am using my Rez Chemdog #4 x Chemdog D's mother plants, 3 phenos. And a Snoe mom. All plants are about 3 months old I suppose and yielded a good 500 cuts between them. So I just potted them up into their final 6.5 lt coco pots, took a bunch of cuts and whacked them into the LED cab for a couple more days veg. Oh should add here that the plants had been previously in 3.4 Lt pots and under a 400w 8 strip T5 light array. In this same tent - turned on its side.

Now, I am just coming to an end of the flowering time for my first run on these Res Chem4d's. But they look to be Massive yielders. The Snoe reliably returns an Oz per plant with no veg from rooted clone - 63 days. This is from 400w HID - 600w looks more. So will be interesting to see what we get with the LED.

Now normally if I was going to be flowering out old mother plants under a 600w I would be expecting about 4-6 oz a plant. But that would be in a m2 tent. This is a 80 cm2 tent. And although this light is supposed to be the equivilent of a 600w - I am aiming for perhaps 2.5 oz per plant. That would give about a g p w. So time will tell.

And of course if I were to do this normally, under HIDS, I would be doing a little training but prob just leave them to bush. Here I am going to be scrogging them. So building a screen to handle these beasts. Will have that in in the next update.

Feed is my normal scheme.

House and Garden CoCo A&B
H&G Root Excel
H&G MultiZym
H&G BudXL
H&G Shooting Powder
Bcuzz Indi Coco Booster
Bcuzz Flower Stim
Superthrive
Hygrozym
Bactolife (Beneficials)
GGG (Beneficials)
Candian Express Superior Potash
AN Carboload to feed the beneficials.

This my long tried and tested and constantly tweaked feed. Feed daily from the bottom via the COCO's natural capilary action. Gives for bigger yields. And as we have major issues with PM in this area atm, helps keep RH down and its related issues.

I will be spraying with Eagle 20 (or our UK Equivilant - Systhane Fungas Fighter) at around day 7 of 12/12 and then later on with CX PMT as ness - hopefully not.

So enough jibba jabba, on with the show.

The Tent and setup. Note my way of dealing with the heat was to punch a hole in the wall and find the old fireplace lurking behind.... ah chimney.. good bye old hot air.

led345dr80140810_1_Custom_.jpg

Dont worry that big 10 inch accoustic is not being used on this grow. LOL.

The LED light

led345-theunit_1_Custom_.jpg

The plants - love the pink glow to the images.. NOT. Really not a great environment for taking photos.

led345plants140810_1_Custom_.jpg

The Chem plants. Have edited these in PS to try an take away some of that over saturation. Look better, more black and white tho now. Future shots will be with light off.

led345-chem4xchemd140810_1_Custom_.jpg

led345-chem4xchemd140810_2_Custom_.jpg

led345-chem4xchemd140810_3_Custom_.jpg

The Snoe

led345-snoes140810_2_Custom_.jpg

Ok, so next update in a weeks time I suppose.

Thanks for watchin.

I

Inuit

Hey TH,

Good to read you and glad to hear see a test that isn't from the peanut gallery so to speak.

Keep up the good work,

Inuit

darksideX

darksideX

yea bro..this is gonna be a good one..very interestin' to c how u will rock with the leds..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can't shoot you rep again yet, herbalizor, but I just wanted to thank you for making the capital outlay and putting this up. :)

true grit

true grit

Excited to see an unbiased test and props for doing in the dr80, gonna really be able to maximize the light in that space!!! Chem4d's lookin dank eh?

So more heat than a similar t-5? I'm loving the t5s since you sold me on em bro....

pm coming about the bottom feed....

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Lovely start Herb, things are gonna get exciting, subscribed..

G81 :)

S

supasticky

Nice bro..lots of LED grows popping up. I'll be lurkin.

-Supa

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanx people.

TG - I would say it puts out about the same heat as a T5 8 strip array. Or perhaps slightly less.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Good intro herb.

My tester light is much smaller and maybe that is why it doesn't heat anything up. It doesn't hardly even get warm to the touch after being on all day. I am always opposite for some reason. People said T5 don't make any heat. I have a two foot 4 bulb unit and a 2 foot 8 bulb unit and they both get hot as hell to touch and make the closet a little oven if I didn't use a good exhaust fan. They also heat up the plant canopy as much as any light I use.

What are the dimensions of the 345w unit?

B

blueberry hill

hi herb chem's looking great i am from mid uk and wondered how you managed to get chem's. would love some but cant find any seeds over here.can't wait too see the results from your grow, really want to take the leap of faith and get the vertical 700w led for a tree grow but £ 1500 is a big risk if u are not getting the penertration to get big ladies.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Oh snap... Nice start Herb! Looking forward to seeing some fat colas and sick macros brah... :cool

M

mr insulator

very interested in the results, looking forward to them....im new to the forum and have just tried to pm you with no luck, would like to know about your feeding program if poss?? have just moved to coco and am looking for a good one. thanks

N

negative 1

i've been interested in these too. seems to be alot of test grows with em. hope your turns out well for you!

Top Bottom