Theory, purple weed is better?

• Thread starter HighBuddha
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HighBuddha

HighBuddha

I don't mean higher cannabinoids, I'm referring to smell and taste and ease of curing.

My idea is, we know certain pigmintations are a sign of the degradation of chlorophyll that let the anthocyanins color show on leaf and bud. So I assume much of that green taste and hay smell that is attributed to excess chlorophyll would be reduced in either final product or curing time.

Any thoughts or has this already been gone over. Thanks.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I'm pretty sure when it turns purple the chlorophyll just gets hidden. I don't think it degrades but I might be wrong.

growsince79

growsince79

Probably right about less chlorophyll, but it doesn't change the terps or potency. If it's good, it's good regardless of color. And imo, any weed that has to be cured 4-8 weeks before it taste good is shitty weed to begin with. I can light up a 3 day not nearly dry bud and it taste like skunk soaked in diesel. No hay smell.
Bad cure seems to be a popular excuse for shitty genetics.

linde

linde

I personally like the lime green piney skunky buds better than the purple berry fruity stuff.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Probably right about less chlorophyll, but it doesn't change the terps or potency. If it's good, it's good regardless of color. And imo, any weed that has to be cured 4-8 weeks before it taste good is shitty weed to begin with. I can light up a 3 day not nearly dry bud and it taste like skunk soaked in diesel. No hay smell.
Bad cure seems to be a popular excuse for shitty genetics.

I hope you’re right, cause as soon as these shitty genetics I’m growing now are done, I’ve got some real good beans to pop.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

The green smell that's attributed to chlorophyll has nothing to do with chlorophyll.

The purpley cracker/cookie/bread [and grow product] flavored hemp in the pot stores is not Purp. Real butyrate purp is special. That terpene crap today is trash.

Theory: Terpene weed sucks. Your fatty acids break down into grass smells while mine break down into weed smells, flavors, medical benefits and highs. Traditional style weed is good and gets better. Terpene style weed is bad and gets worse.

People don't look at weed as a genetic package anymore. You used to be able to look at a bud and know what it would smell and feel like. Now it's all deception. Purple bud that tastes like shit, everywhere.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
My first memory of purple bud was in the early 80s there was only one strain I can recall.
It was purple kush, back then there was no fruity buds.
Purple kush had a distinctive smell that set it apart from any bud in memory.
It was a pungent heavy smell.
The smoke I remember we called expanding because it would blow your lungs up when consumed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom