There Seems To Be A Conspiracy Against My Success

• Thread starter DGP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DGP

DGP

This year I did everything I could to get my plants ready and to have them set up on time and to be huge. However, even though they are huge now at almost 8 feet high and 6 feet across it seems everyone is out to get them.

First it was the glaring street light they put in nearby, that compelled me to put up a retractable blind I have to raise a lower each day. Then it was my wife turning on lights randomly (we did some remodeling and she was supposed to have drapes up months ago), so I start pulling light bulbs outta sockets. Then it was russet mites so I am out there all fucking night with a green light and sulfur spray. Now I am into a 250 dollar atomizer because the plants are so damn big a hand sprayer wont get the coverage I need and it takes all night to spray. If that wasn't enough my neighbor starts turning on his porch light and it isn't just any porch light it is bright enough to guide in alien spacecraft from other galaxies. So up goes another black poly blind I have to lower and raise each day if I don't have enough to do already like watering every morning a 4 am (its been over 90F for a record 29 days).

Could there be another thing like having a meteor strike hit my best plant? Maybe the alien spacecraft the neighbor is calling in will tractor beam up all my plants. They should be showing flower but with all the light issues I am wondering if I am set back now a week or two.

Dee

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

what kind neighbor is he,just saying i have a friend in spain that had same issue,come to find out ,he was a inside grower,she outdoors,after there meeting he agreed to keep the light off,as far as i know she hasnt had any other problems,been a while since weve talked

DGP

DGP

I don't know the folks next door on that side and they are duplexes so one week their there and another week there are new tenants. Don't even know if their cannabis friendly. My other neighbor no issue but my wife is only interested in the grow if there is money coming in. She seems to ignore the fact that I have to keep the environment right to protect the crop. It's medicine in my case as a legal medical grow so its even more important than the money and the Summer outdoor grow is my one chance to get ahead while the rest of the year I struggle with a 4X6' indoor operation.

Anyway, it just seems like if it isn't one thing it's another and when the plants get this big you have a lot of time invested even if you kept the costs of operation down.

william76

william76

Aint it obvious,its the guvament!,jk ,if its not 1 thing its another,hope u get it sorted out,good luck.76

DGP

DGP

Well, my post is part humor and part serious but last night put up more blinds, covered some windows on the house and disconnected a few light circuits (to keep my wife from turning on certain lights). I am sure it will work out by October. Now I need to rig up a cover to keep the Fall rains off the plants. Have a few weeks to get all that done before the weather might change (Westetn Oregon rains).

My fogger is due tomorrow so I will blast those little F'ing russet mites for the second time but with better coverage. Did a in depth search last night with the microscope and all the mites are dead....didnt see a single live mite or bug of any kind. I love sulfur spray.....

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I don't know the folks next door on that side and they are duplexes so one week their there and another week there are new tenants. Don't even know if their cannabis friendly. My other neighbor no issue but my wife is only interested in the grow if there is money coming in. She seems to ignore the fact that I have to keep the environment right to protect the crop. It's medicine in my case as a legal medical grow so its even more important than the money and the Summer outdoor grow is my one chance to get ahead while the rest of the year I struggle with a 4X6' indoor operation.

Anyway, it just seems like if it isn't one thing it's another and when the plants get this big you have a lot of time invested even if you kept the costs of operation down.
hell just build a little and small hoop hose,open on sides with wire and throw the cloth over at dark,or drive 4 stakes in ground,and make something that can be put on at dark and off day if you dig,fuck bro dont let this shit get you down adjust and overcome,sounds to me like a challenge,we men like challenges beat it

DGP

DGP

hell just build a little and small hoop hose,open on sides with wire and throw the cloth over at dark,or drive 4 stakes in ground,and make something that can be put on at dark and off day if you dig,fuck bro dont let this shit get you down adjust and overcome,sounds to me like a challenge,we men like challenges beat it

Yeah my son and I were talking about building light dep structures just that night that the neighbor turned on the alien beacon light. We are going to build some large hoop houses cause these plants get over 8 foot tall once they are thru the stretch. However, light depping is a whole other commitment cause you gotta be there on time to cover and uncover or things go sideways in a hurry.

Dee

DGP

DGP

You made me laugh...if my son keeps that fucking light on one more night he is washing toilets!
Ok, cool you got the humor part. Yeah it is serious for me but I have to laugh or I go nuts about all the challenges...especially russet mites. I have 2 years invested in this cycle and you say "how 2 years?" well a few months breeding and a year or more selecting the best phenos and testing etc.....Now I have the giants I so desired and things start trying to kill them.

Dee

gwheels

gwheels

It is one step forward and 5 back a lot of the time. I mitigate what I can and make it so simple even i can do it. But i really get where you are coming from. And i am grateful my 27 year old started vaping so now he doesnt go out and leave that light on. I hermed plants over similar stuff before.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Light dep on a hoop is easy,
U will need 2” pvc pipe cut to about 2’ longer then house,
One T
Glue the t, with center side to pipe
To opposing t sides put in about 1-2’ of pipe to make a handle. Drill through the glued joints and tap a flat screw through, this ensures if the glue gave you still have a secure joint.
Uncover the dep cloth, attach permanently to one side( gorilla black duct tape is incredible at holding this dep material). Drape over the hoop house to opposing side. Now tape, wrap and wire tie the Open side to pipe. Wrap over once and tape that , this ensures a good strong tie.
Twist the dep cloth onto the new new crank , roll and it’s easy to do up to a 100’ long house. If the center is too tall, you can do a step ladder built at the back to use as your platform for winding and unwinding the dep. takes 5 mins to do.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Shoot man I had a light right over my greenhouse. Finally got my ass up a ladder to physically remove the damn thing. I was having a stretch that was like wtf , half the house was 2’tall skinny shit, till I realized the dam light would come on all hours of the nigh as it’s on a sensor , and a ducking moth would set it off!!

DGP

DGP

Light dep on a hoop is easy,
U will need 2” pvc pipe cut to about 2’ longer then house,
One T
Glue the t, with center side to pipe
To opposing t sides put in about 1-2’ of pipe to make a handle. Drill through the glued joints and tap a flat screw through, this ensures if the glue gave you still have a secure joint.
Uncover the dep cloth, attach permanently to one side( gorilla black duct tape is incredible at holding this dep material). Drape over the hoop house to opposing side. Now tape, wrap and wire tie the Open side to pipe. Wrap over once and tape that , this ensures a good strong tie.
Twist the dep cloth onto the new new crank , roll and it’s easy to do up to a 100’ long house. If the center is too tall, you can do a step ladder built at the back to use as your platform for winding and unwinding the dep. takes 5 mins to do.

I think this year it is too late to go light dep cause I am already over budget but certainly will next year. I have some very effective blinds up for now. Also I remembered this hybrid always took 3 weeks to show flower and was always 1 week later than other plants in the same grow cycle. This is my own BX and pheno sort that is also leaning towards the sativas side. I named it River City Cheese because it was developed in the Portland Oregon area and it came from a Cheese background and GDP. It always seems to take longer. I am seeing lots of bud stacking but no obvious flowers yet and if I recall this is typical for these girls.

There hitting over 8 feet tall now!

Apparently the sulfur worked and after 2 spray cycles I see absolutely no living bugs anywhere and the plants are perky again during the day (praying) once again. Those Hudson atomizers rock and I feel it was worth the 200 bucks. So much faster to spray big ol trees than a hand sprayer and all that pumping. The Hudson puts out a fine vapor fog thay penetrates the whole plant and the droplets are super small at 20 to 50 microns.

Dee

Last edited:
DGP

DGP

All is back on track now and plants are in full flower but they are going to run long and late into october.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
This year I did everything I could to get my plants ready and to have them set up on time and to be huge. However, even though they are huge now at almost 8 feet high and 6 feet across it seems everyone is out to get them.

First it was the glaring street light they put in nearby, that compelled me to put up a retractable blind I have to raise a lower each day. Then it was my wife turning on lights randomly (we did some remodeling and she was supposed to have drapes up months ago), so I start pulling light bulbs outta sockets. Then it was russet mites so I am out there all fucking night with a green light and sulfur spray. Now I am into a 250 dollar atomizer because the plants are so damn big a hand sprayer wont get the coverage I need and it takes all night to spray. If that wasn't enough my neighbor starts turning on his porch light and it isn't just any porch light it is bright enough to guide in alien spacecraft from other galaxies. So up goes another black poly blind I have to lower and raise each day if I don't have enough to do already like watering every morning a 4 am (its been over 90F for a record 29 days).

Could there be another thing like having a meteor strike hit my best plant? Maybe the alien spacecraft the neighbor is calling in will tractor beam up all my plants. They should be showing flower but with all the light issues I am wondering if I am set back now a week or two.

Dee
your going to be ok on the alien front, aliens don't drive tractors. The meteorite on the other hand, well your screwed. I just fired up my hi def tracking radar and a fiery meteorite is headed straight for your plant!!!!! :p

Latest posts

Top Bottom