these little douche bags :)

• Thread starter bigmikeyg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

sound like you know DE.. when you say use it anyways .. how do you find it helps on soil level after adding nutes .. or as a liquid mix spray on leaves and stems and stuff .. never used it before but got 10 pounds :)

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
sound like you know DE.. when you say use it anyways .. how do you find it helps on soil level after adding nutes .. or as a liquid mix spray on leaves and stems and stuff .. never used it before but got 10 pounds :)

It's a natural source of Silica, which greatly increases cell wall thickness as well as preventing diseases from stress, plus a natural pest control. It's great stuff, used sparingly.

I've only used it as a top dressing. No experience as foliar, but I would guess the effects are similar for cell wall growth.

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

cool yeah have seen stuff w/regards to both .. just not overly confident .. when you top dress you doing it every week or two or something ?

mancorn

mancorn

It's a natural source of Silica, which greatly increases cell wall thickness as well as preventing diseases from stress, plus a natural pest control. It's great stuff, used sparingly.

I've only used it as a top dressing. No experience as foliar, but I would guess the effects are similar for cell wall growth.
Not going to get much plant growth from a spray of DE. Pretty good article on silica foliar sprays and need for stabilized silicic acid if you're using silica as a spray: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6027496/ (you can skip all the individual test shown in section 4 as they're kind of tedious.)

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

BTK is specific to caterpillars, bacillus thurengiensis kurstacki
I have yet to try BTK. How effective is it for you? I need to spray my peach tree again if it ever quits raining lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom