Theyre first night out .i hope theyll be ok

• Thread starter DevinA95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
99.9% isopropyl is the best for extracting resin.
there is no “residue” left behind, if there was any, the cannabiniods would neutralize them.
i wouldn’t use anything else but isopropyl

DevinA95

DevinA95

99.9% isopropyl is the best for extracting resin.
there is no “residue” left behind, if there was any, the cannabiniods would neutralize them.
i wouldn’t use anything else but isopropyl
Well that sealed it for me. Isopropyl it is

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i have a thread on how to make qwiso/rso oil with videos which is probably better than explaining it..
put everything in the freezer,weed,iso,jars for a day but after 6-7 hours take weed out and break it up and put back in freezer (careful as trichomes will fall off easily when cold) for remaining time.
when ready pour iso into jar of weed about an inch or so higher than the weed and shake vigorously for 3-5 mins.. open jar and pour through a strainer into a bowl, you can pour a little more iso into jar to clean out and pour through strainer. let sit for a few hours to let sediment settle than have a clean jar ready with cheese cloth folded like 6 times over the top, use an elastic to attach to jar and do your best to scoop out and pour through cloth into jar trying not to scoop out sediment, than when done let that jar sit for more sediment to settle, sometimes i leave it for the next day. than with another jar i put together 3 coffee filters to filter through, just slowly pour the mix from one jar to the next slowly to not unsettle the sediment, you may have to change filters as you go..
than usually this should be enough filtering but if you have to do more than repeat with coffee filters..
when ready to cook, i have a sunroom and open a few windows.
have a rice cooker and pour mix into it and turn on, have a fan blowing directly at the rice cooker to the outside as the danger is isopropyl fumes are heavier than oxygen and can go under rice cooker and than kaboom!.. no smoking or fire when cooking!
i’ve been doing it like this for 35 yrs, nothing better!
you will definitely improve your method every time you do it.
also all the garbage cheese cloth, filters, weed.. can be put under hot running water until the smell is gone before throwing out., also when cooking it will smell a bit so i usually do very late at night or when there’s a storm.. etc..
thats the basics, obviously few other details here and there..
i’ll probably be making some more hash and oil and this weekend.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i have a thread on how to make qwiso/rso oil with videos which is probably better than explaining it..
put everything in the freezer,weed,iso,jars for a day but after 6-7 hours take weed out and break it up and put back in freezer (careful as trichomes will fall off easily when cold) for remaining time.
when ready pour iso into jar of weed about an inch or so higher than the weed and shake vigorously for 3-5 mins.. open jar and pour through a strainer into a bowl, you can pour a little more iso into jar to clean out and pour through strainer. let sit for a few hours to let sediment settle than have a clean jar ready with cheese cloth folded like 6 times over the top, use an elastic to attach to jar and do your best to scoop out and pour through cloth into jar trying not to scoop out sediment, than when done let that jar sit for more sediment to settle, sometimes i leave it for the next day. than with another jar i put together 3 coffee filters to filter through, just slowly pour the mix from one jar to the next slowly to not unsettle the sediment, you may have to change filters as you go..
than usually this should be enough filtering but if you have to do more than repeat with coffee filters..
have a rice cooker and pour mix into it and turn on, have a fan blowing directly at the rice cooker to the outside as the danger is isopropyl fumes are heavier than oxygen and can go under rice cooker and than kaboom!.. no smoking or fire when cooking!
also all the garbage cheese cloth, filters, weed.. can be put under hot running water until the smell is gone before throwing out., also when cooking it will smell a bit so i usually do very late at night or when there’s a storm.. etc..

what do you do with what is left? how do you gather it and use it?

DevinA95

DevinA95

I appreciate your help man. I'm looking forward to trying this. I will follow this process

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Dude your thread blew up!

Hey there's Moose (hope you don't mind I call you moose) lol and it definitely was a bummer forsure but I know thats the risk of outside. Will just have to try to keep next years alittle dryer. I was going to throw it away if I couldn't smoke it until I found out about making hash with rotted buds. It looks fairly easy and I'll try my best to pick off any spot I feel is too far gone that I wouldn't want in the product.

It is always a learning experience. I have been at my current grow for over two years and I am just now growing what I would consider "good weed". Apply what you know now on your next run, and keep improving. You are already doing good just keep it up tenacity is a growers best friend!

Also why does my RSO make my stomach hurt the day after? 195 ever clear, I do winterize. Will try the posted process next.

DevinA95

DevinA95

Dude your thread blew up!

It is always a learning experience. I have been at my current grow for over two years and I am just now growing what I would consider "good weed". Apply what you know now on your next run, and keep improving. You are already doing good just keep it up tenacity is a growers best friend!

Also why does my RSO make my stomach hurt the day after? 195 ever clear, I do winterize. Will try the posted process next.
This thread has been going on for awhile lol and I appreciate it man. You're right, I already know a few things to do different next time. I wasn't expecting to come out and do great the first try. I knew there would be issues but I learned quickly that its all about putting in the effort and stick with it. But Ive definitely learned alot from THC FARMER and everyone that has given me advice. For a first time it hasn't been going as bad as I thought aside from what is happening now. It is what it is though. I can't exactly remember who it was but someone did say to build something to keep rain off. I'll work on that next year.

Rooke

Rooke

I believe it happened from the rain. I wasn't always able to go shake them off.
The reason I ask is if it’s bud worm that caused the bud to die then it starts to rot I would treat that differently than bud mold. If you take the bud off then open it from the top down you will find a channel of brown decay and perhaps a greenish pale worm inside or perhaps several smaller ones munching and shitting their way as they go. If that’s the case remove that bud then squash the stem up to the next node in an attempt to kill any others that are making their way up to the next bud.they seem to want to travel up the stem. If it is mold then I would cut it out and garbage anything that it 2 in above and below all being garbage not to be used for any kind of consumption if I find one on my plants I’ll take pics and send your way

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
The 2 blueberrys i have both had really fat colas and the pre 98 bubba i have has alot of smaller ones and it still has some time left. All 3 topped and trained until I put them outside and got the same nutrients. So far (knock on wood) she is doing good.
Those are both fairly resistant strains, so hopefully, you've made good choices that should carry your a long way, in and of itself.

I think some people think they can pull off these longer flowering sativas in cooler climates, and that's a big mistake IMO.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
im not sure, but isopropyl is not a good idea for human consumption. could you use something like everclear or a 151 rum or that vodka that is 150 or so?
Isopropyl is poison for sure, but if it's evaporated correctly, it's probably alright. Isopropyl is metabolized like ethanol, but with a twist. Ethanol in the body is broken down in the liver by an enzyme called alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH), which transforms ethanol into a toxic compound called acetaldehyde (CH3CHO), a known carcinogen, causing Cirrhosis (scarring) over time.

Isopropanol is primarily metabolized via alcohol dehydrogenase to acetone. (CH3)2CO About 250ml is a lethal dose. To be sure, I've made gallons of RSO, but full evaporation is critical IMO. Household uses of acetone are nail polish remover, superglue and paint thinner. It is normally present in blood and urine. People with diabetic ketoacidosis produce it in larger amounts. uncontrollable ketosis can lead to a sharp, and potentially fatal, increase in the acidity of the blood.

Acetone been shown to have anticonvulsant effects in animal models of epilepsy, in absence of toxicity, administered in millimolar concentrations.
Iso

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
im not sure, but isopropyl is not a good idea for human consumption. could you use something like everclear or a 151 rum or that vodka that is 150 or so?
You could technically use high grade ethanol with very similar results, but it's exceptionally cost prohibitive, and in some states even impossible to obtain. You basically need a lab certification just to purchase, or obtain it. Especially if your getting it at reasonable cost and purity, bypassing the very substantial, and well enforced taxes. Bypassing anything would also be a federal crime, involving the ATF.

Stick with what Nick suggest, it's the best way forward, and safe, if performed correctly. The key here is obtaining the 99% purity. Not the 50%, not the 70%... Even the 90% might be alright, but the 99% really is what your looking for, because it's cut with H20, and that evaporates off last.

Last edited:
DevinA95

DevinA95

Ok everyone. I've givin up on the hash from the Blueberry. After letting it set for a few days it didn't look like anything I would want to put in my body. After everything was cut and dried all I had was 14 grams of Pre 98 bubba kush. Very good quality in my opinion. Not much of a pay off for all the work but thats how it goes sometimes I guess. I decided to try and grow a candy kush autoflower inside my spacebucket. 1 week old today and she's looking good. I'm about to start a new thread for it. Thanks everyone that has helped me!

Latest posts

Top Bottom