They're huge! Should I flip early?

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Totally agree with this though, I’ll just make sure I post from sprout and germ times to not confuse you old heads 😂

since every plant is different who decided the new schedule.

Its like flower time. Every breeder i have planted seeds of all said count from flip. Ever ask the source?

And for over 35 years now i never met a grower who doesnt. Only here is information so skewed. I stayed away from forums until i knew enough to know whats what and who knows what they are talking about. I suggest all new growers learn elsewhere.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
yeah trying to straighten out massive amounts of misinformation. ;-)
Or possibly being the ultimate contrarion ever!! I say that with all the love MIMed you are a heck of a knowledgeable grower...but oh my, you can take an opposing view on any anything!!! And do it well 👍🌱

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So should I be shooting for 35k lux on a seedling?

i start them 3.5 feet under a 600 hps often. They grow faster. Dont know the lux though. Bet its more like 50k. There are 2 600’s next to each other.

I prefer a slower veg though. I still like t-5 flourescents for the first month. Depends on your situation. The numbers are just guidelines.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
since every plant is different who decided the new schedule.

Its like flower time. Every breeder i have planted seeds of all said count from flip. Ever ask the source?

And for over 35 years now i never met a grower who doesnt. Only here is information so skewed. I stayed away from forums until i knew enough to know whats what and who knows what they are talking about. I suggest all new growers learn elsewhere.

What new schedule? Dude I don’t know shit about botany, all I wanted to do was grow my own medicine because I don’t trust these knuckleheads on the street.

I have been told by a local farm and garden store that I should count vegetative period from when the first true set of leaves are fully developed. I don’t see why I would ever look for a different answer?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Or possibly being the ultimate contrarion ever!! I say that with all the love MIMed you are a heck of a knowledgeable grower...but oh my, you can take an opposing view on any anything!!! And do it well 👍🌱

the true info has become that skewed. I thought legal weed would straighten out some misinfo even people like ed rosenthal and jorje cervantes have posted retractions.

Instead the weed specific companies are convoluting stuff even more pretending they are selling with science and the forums have kept spreading the same misinformation as on overgrow 15 years ago.

Like the “herm gene”.lol. Textbooks have been written. No reason to guess or parrot misinformation.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

What new schedule? Dude I don’t know shit about botany, all I wanted to do was grow my own medicine because I don’t trust these knuckleheads on the street.

I have been told by a local farm and garden store that I should count vegetative period from when the first true set of leaves are fully developed. I don’t see why I would ever look for a different answer?

do what you want. But when a poster says vegged for 3 weeks half the people will say how can it be so big in 3 weeks. Just like this thread.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
do what you want. But when a poster says vegged for 3 weeks half the people will say how can it be so big in 3 weeks. Just like this thread.
No I want to do what’s right. The information I’ve been given about veg start times were given to me by a garden store. Can you explain to me why their info is false?

How much feed and light I give the plant I’ve learned from these forums, and I always take everything I read on here with a grain of salt. Bro if you’re this all mighty 40 year grower, why don’t you share this information instead of making people feel like they’re idiots for reading how to grow weed on a forum?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No I want to do what’s right. The information I’ve been given about veg start times were given to me by a garden store. Can you explain to me why their info is false?

How much feed and light I give the plant I’ve learned from these forums, and I always take everything I read on here with a grain of salt. Bro if you’re this all mighty 40 year grower, why don’t you share this information instead of making people feel like they’re idiots for reading how to grow weed on a forum?

i have worked with growers since the 80’s but i am only a 7 year grower for myself. And i have shared tons of info. A couple years at riu and the rest here. My thread is hundreds of pages long and dispels most of the common myths.

And i do believe the convoluted and confusing info from noobs and experienced growers alike all at the same time is not good to learn from.

Read a book is my advice every time.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
i have worked with growers since the 80’s but i am only a 7 year grower for myself. And i have shared tons of info. A couple years at riu and the rest here. My thread is hundreds of pages long and dispels most of the common myths.

And i do believe the convoluted and confusing info from noobs and experienced growers alike all at the same time is not good to learn from.

Read a book is my advice every time.

I’ve read your thread, believe me I have found the regulars around here to take advice from, and you’re definitely one of them.

Ive never been able to read a book, I mean I can read now, lol. Just lose interest fast, I think I prefer the forums because of the different opinions and little things books can’t give me.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Why would defoliate? So the plant grows. You dont stunt the plant if you know what you are doing. But to manipulate the plant to improve your outcome is the goal. Topping defoliating or any other type of trai ing technique.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I’ve read your thread, believe me I have found the regulars around here to take advice from, and you’re definitely one of them.

Ive never been able to read a book, I mean I can read now, lol. Just lose interest fast, I think I prefer the forums because of the different opinions and little things books can’t give me.

learning to read well and comprehend in depth seems to be going away in our society. Now we get info in short articles, videos and social media posts.

It is not better imo

growsince79

growsince79

To focus the energy to the areas that are important
The huge leaves are the important area that needs the intense light. The only reason to defoliate is because your space is overcrowded. The added time that it takes along with more added time from defoliation and you wasted a month. You might get a little more. But the buds grown with shade leafs are more potent and terpy. And the extra zip or 2 isn't worth the added time.

Top Bottom