Things You Should Never Say To An Experienced Cultivator

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

As a person that holds classes to teach cultivation, I quickly learned certain words just make me cringe. My pet peeve is this phrase: “Does it need more Calmag?”
Typical conversation goes like this: Could you look at my plant and tell me what’s wrong with it?
Answer: not necessarily but I can try.
I then receive pics of lights, dirt, fans and blurry leaves.
Answer: Pics are bad at best, but seems you are over feeding and your PH is way off. See the claw? See the burned up yellow leaves? See how they are yellowed up top?
Well I watched a YouTube video and it said plants yellow as they mature.
Answer: Yes, on a healthy plant they do a nitrogen burn off as they mature in flower, but it starts at the bottom not the top.
Well my friend says they need more calmag. He’s been growing a long time three years now and he knows his stuff.
Answer: Well by all due means listen to him. Give them some calmag. Then send me a pic so I can see how that works out for you.
Those pics NEVER come. Calmag Calmag Calmag why is it always Calmag? Anyone know?
What’s your pet peeve?

Kungpow420

Kungpow420

Because they are looking at a picture. Plus most of the time when people have ph issues the 1st thing that get locks out is cal mag. Then friend giving the advice is normal growing completely different then the other person. Also I find out most new growers don't want to spend the money on ph drops , strips or meters because they just slammed however many bucks on the light tent nutrients blah blah blah. Then to back this up instead of buying books and actually learning the trait they are cheapskies because they are on YouTube. Yes YouTube is awesome but books is where it is at even if you get the Kindle/play version.

E9noxis

E9noxis

I'm new. I wonder if I shouldn't be using calmag during flower. I dont check my ph because I skipped learning that on this grow. There was a lot of information I was already taking in. But I bought a tester and the up and down chems, just don't know how to use them yet.

And I also haven't gotten any books. I started watching YouTube videos but I realize I need interaction because nothing ever answers my specific question, or I'm too lazy to do better research. So I joined a top notch weed forum.

So, I agree that new growers are annoying. Sorry

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I'm new. I wonder if I shouldn't be using calmag during flower. I dont check my ph because I skipped learning that on this grow. There was a lot of information I was already taking in. But I bought a tester and the up and down chems, just don't know how to use them yet.

And I also haven't gotten any books. I started watching YouTube videos but I realize I need interaction because nothing ever answers my specific question, or I'm too lazy to do better research. So I joined a top notch weed forum.

Not annoying at all so long as they’re not teaching. And this happens because YouTube. Nothing is cooler to me than an eager student or apprentice. While you are into YouTube I strongly recommend Dr Bruce Bugbee. That’s actual science.

Kungpow420

Kungpow420

I

I don't think new growers are annoying. New growers that are know it alls after asking a question can be. I been growing since I was a little kid (vegetables and trees). I been growing cannabis off and on since I was 16. I consider myself a new grower even though I got the basics on lock. I am still learning every day , and with a t.b.i. I constantly forget things.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

This is not a smack new growers post. This is about common problems, people taking your time up and then not even considering what you have told them. Nothing I enjoy anymore than a new grower that really wants to learn. I give hours of free time to those ppl. This post addresses the pet peeves we all have.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
As a person that holds classes to teach cultivation, I quickly learned certain words just make me cringe. My pet peeve is this phrase: “Does it need more Calmag?”
Typical conversation goes like this: Could you look at my plant and tell me what’s wrong with it?
Answer: not necessarily but I can try.
I then receive pics of lights, dirt, fans and blurry leaves.
Answer: Pics are bad at best, but seems you are over feeding and your PH is way off. See the claw? See the burned up yellow leaves? See how they are yellowed up top?
Well I watched a YouTube video and it said plants yellow as they mature.
Answer: Yes, on a healthy plant they do a nitrogen burn off as they mature in flower, but it starts at the bottom not the top.
Well my friend says they need more calmag. He’s been growing a long time three years now and he knows his stuff.
Answer: Well by all due means listen to him. Give them some calmag. Then send me a pic so I can see how that works out for you.
Those pics NEVER come. Calmag Calmag Calmag why is it always Calmag? Anyone know?
What’s your pet peeve?
It peeves us all. 🤣

6C54BAD6 6B5F 45EA 9B5D EAC4FED6494E
P

Petrochemical

Supporter
This is not a smack new growers post. This is about common problems, people taking your time up and then not even considering what you have told them. Nothing I enjoy anymore than a new grower that really wants to learn. I give hours of free time to those ppl. This post addresses the pet peeves we all have.
Just an unwillingness to try things on their own to learn from mistakes. I can't stress enough folks putting down a device to learn and picking up a book....practice...then approach other gardeners with your experiences good bad or ugly. I want grammas Creamsicle buds man

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I don't care what the question may be. Some people need more help than others...what seems obvious to you might not be to someone that hasn't seen dirt before.....attitude is the number 1 turn off to me...if you haven't got the time to waste answering dumb questions just ignore it, coming off with attitude after a couple of posts is bizarre.....we all need help sometimes...that's why I came in the first place.........or did you come here to show your superiority to us mere peon's?

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I don't care what the question may be. Some people need more help than others...what seems obvious to you might not be to someone that hasn't seen dirt before.....attitude is the number 1 turn off to me...if you haven't got the time to waste answering dumb questions just ignore it, coming off with attitude after a couple of posts is bizarre.....we all need help sometimes...that's why I came in the first place.........or did you come here to show your superiority to us mere peon's?
You missed the point entirely, even tho you liked this post above. I have seen how you speak to others and if I have a few posts or nine million makes no difference, my pet peeves are still the same. I earned my “superiority” as you call it and I have never treated anyone here with anything other than respect. I rather resent your catty remarks.

Last edited:
Chip.Douglas

Chip.Douglas

Just an unwillingness to try things on their own to learn from mistakes. I can't stress enough folks putting down a device to learn and picking up a book....practice...then approach other gardeners with your experiences good bad or ugly. I want grammas Creamsicle buds man
Grow guides are way better then YouTube vids I remember being 16 having no internet only a high time mag that I ordered jorge cervantes guide from I learned way more from his book then any yt videos. Wish more people would pick a guide up the info is all in one place instead of having to watch 10 videos

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
Don't enter easy coast USA major areas or driving if attitude outa nowhere mystified ya my friend...it ain't getting any better sadly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom