Think I f*#ked up guys.

• Thread starter T.Bone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

T.Bone

G’day guys,
Im T-Bone from Downunder and what a great site. A lot to take in with so much valuable info and opinions.
so I thought I’d have a crack at an indoor grow in cocoa, few different strains and a simple drain to waste set up.
Be kind Fellas, as this is my first attempt to grow anything At all in 40 years. so everything was great till last night my 1000W metal halide blew, but only the outer glass, le@ving it still glowing if not more .
shock of my life this morning seeing shriveled leaves and dry flowers under that light and yellow leaves on the plants at the rear.
Have I, like my globe blown it or is there anything I can do to save my girls, or is this ok?
i could really use your help and wisdom tonight.
cheers
T-Bone
apologies about long post
P.s the video at the end is day before bulb blowout.
Think i fked up guys

Think i fked up guys 2
Think i fked up guys 3
Think i fked up guys 4
Think i fked up guys 5
Think i fked up guys 6
Think i fked up guys 7
Think i fked up guys 8
Think i fked up guys 9
Think i fked up guys 10
Think i fked up guys 11
Dbear180

Dbear180

That sucks dude I've never actually seen a bulb pop or the after effects. Idk about this for sure but I think they have mercury in them, might have been a bit of a spray when that thing went off.
They look pretty cooked tho, I dont think their gonna come back sorry man.

V

Vondank420

Also looks like more than a bulb just blowing. Heat stress and looks like they were in heavy flush???(all the yellowing)

At least you know for next time. Set up heat cut off switches for anything that can generate heat....

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

all you can do is take the dried dead stuff off mate,the buds can still finish,some folk even take all foilage completly of and the buds still photo,i have had to do this one time and the buds did finish,the yields sucked but i still had smoke.
tip bro,dont ever run your bulbs open like that,mo matter what others say about the light in your fixture decreasing the light,your lucky they werent cfl,them things explode and you pick them up for years,anyway,take the dead stuff off it just a attraction for pest and finish out your grow,you might be surprised that some growth will come back,also expect hermies so keep close eye out for nanners

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
G’day guys,
Im T-Bone from Downunder and what a great site. A lot to take in with so much valuable info and opinions.
so I thought I’d have a crack at an indoor grow in cocoa, few different strains and a simple drain to waste set up.
Be kind Fellas, as this is my first attempt to grow anything At all in 40 years. so everything was great till last night my 1000W metal halide blew, but only the outer glass, le@ving it still glowing if not more .
shock of my life this morning seeing shriveled leaves and dry flowers under that light and yellow leaves on the plants at the rear.
Have I, like my globe blown it or is there anything I can do to save my girls, or is this ok?
i could really use your help and wisdom tonight.
cheers
T-Bone
apologies about long post
P.s the video at the end is day before bulb blowout.View attachment 913433
Oh man that hurts to look at, I'd be sick. I feel for you, I don't know if there's any help available but if there is your in the right place. There's a lot of expertise here and if they're salvageable I hope someone here can advise. I've been in the electrical trade for 30 years and I've not seen that happen. When the glass cracks the element usually burns out, not turn into the sun and fry your girls. I hope someone can help. Good luck.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Oh man that hurts to look at, I'd be sick. I feel for you, I don't know if there's any help available but if there is your in the right place. There's a lot of expertise here and if they're salvageable I hope someone here can advise. I've been in the electrical trade for 30 years and I've not seen that happen. When the glass cracks the element usually burns out, not turn into the sun and fry your girls. I hope someone can help. Good luck.

That was a problem for a lil while here in Ca according to the grow store guy. Hps bulbs self extinguish & Mh dont. I had a mh go bad but it turned all yellow inside & wouldn't ignite after so idk about the self extinguishing for sure.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That was a problem for a lil while here in Ca according to the grow store guy. Hps bulbs self extinguish & Mh dont. I had a mh go bad but it turned all yellow inside & wouldn't ignite after so idk about the self extinguishing for sure.
That should be a deciding factor on which lights to use then. 1 light when it burns out will burn out. The other will fry your plants if it happens to blow. hmmmmmm decisions decisions. There better be some awesome/ spectacular/ superior results off MH over HPS if frying plants is a possible. Sorry for your loss but thanks for the insight.

Top Bottom