• Start date
  • Tagged users None
wizard122

wizard122

Growers Network Forum

Spider Farmer any thoughts or comments?

Grow from Home

;libID=2476823

Do you want live notifications when people reply to your posts? Enable Notifications

Spider Farmer any thoughts or comments?

Grow from Home

/ 1

wizard122

1m
I’ve been thinking about buying this lights for a while and I’m looking for thoughts and reviews.
amazon.com
41IjqmAFfhL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Amazon.com : SPIDER FARMER SF-2000 LED Grow Light 2x4 ft Coverage Compatible...
Amazon.com : SPIDER FARMER SF-2000 LED Grow Light 2x4 ft Coverage Compatible with Samsung LM301B Diodes & MeanWell Driver Dimmable Grow Lights Full Spectrum for Indoor Hydroponic Plants Veg Bloom 606pcs LEDs : Garden & Outdoor
$299.99

I’ve been using a viparspectra 900
For my three grows and looking to upgrade and maybe get a bigger yield
4 plants about 11 Oz. Best so far in my 4x4 tent.
Thanks for any assistance
:grinning:

Topic Controls

Watching
You will receive notifications because you created this topic.

Suggested Topics
There are 2 unread and 15 new topics remaining, or browse other topics in Grow from Home

growsince79

growsince79

The lights seem to work ok. But they lie about the par ratings. The warranty is very limited. You end up paying over half the cost the light to fix it after the first 3 months. They say costomer service is terrible. The stores here won't sell them because of these issues.

growsince79

growsince79

Just saw where Walmart is selling Spider Farmer and Mars. They admit the warrenty is limited also offer a real warranty for additional cost. They don't even show the fake PAR numbers.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Original par numbers posted by spiderfarmer were inflated originally, along with most LED manufactures. spiderfarmer is actually working hard to correct these numbers, and have been updated to reflect this.
the sf2000 is a solid light for a couple plants.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
The lights seem to work ok. But they lie about the par ratings. The warranty is very limited. You end up paying over half the cost the light to fix it after the first 3 months. They say costomer service is terrible. The stores here won't sell them because of these issues.
What you say about the warranty is true. It is limited, and a weakness for sure.

but, customer service not terrible, if you need them.
I’m rolling over 8000 hours on some. And zero issues. I know that’s a long way to 50k lifespan rating but I’d be happy with 20k hours for the price spent.

Growrx

Growrx

@HygrowLightingSolutions is where I got my light, tested 533 true watts

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
It's a good light but there are better options. Depending on your situation (budget, tent size, desired results...), this may be a good option for you.

Here are a couple others that I looked into when choosing my light:

HLG. HLG lights are some of the better quality lights on the market right now and are considered to be the most trustworthy. They use brand name parts, have a good warranty and publish third party test results. Their lights are built and assembled in the United States. They do come at a higher cost though. They also often don't have proper heat sinks and half relatively low diode/watt ratios compared to other companies lights. These combined will reduce light output, increase heat output and reduce lifespan (only slightly but still something to consider.)

Viparspectra (full spectrum lights). These lights are also made from brand name parts. These lights are assembled in China so they come at a much lower cost than ones coming from North America. A plus with these lights are their heat sink. Viparspectra lights also all have dimmers on them which can be super useful.

Hope I helped.

JimmyCreedog

JimmyCreedog

I just picked up the Mars Hydro 1000 that consumes 150 watts. I wish my budget could have handled a 2000.

Growrx

Growrx

It's a good light but there are better options. Depending on your situation (budget, tent size, desired results...), this may be a good option for you.

Here are a couple others that I looked into when choosing my light:

HLG. HLG lights are some of the better quality lights on the market right now and are considered to be the most trustworthy. They use brand name parts, have a good warranty and publish third party test results. Their lights are built and assembled in the United States. They do come at a higher cost though. They also often don't have proper heat sinks and half relatively low diode/watt ratios compared to other companies lights. These combined will reduce light output, increase heat output and reduce lifespan (only slightly but still something to consider.)

Viparspectra (full spectrum lights). These lights are also made from brand name parts. These lights are assembled in China so they come at a much lower cost than ones coming from North America. A plus with these lights are their heat sink. Viparspectra lights also all have dimmers on them which can be super useful.

Hope I helped.
+1 I also did a grow diary on the p1500 by viparspectra, such a good light I didn’t sell it. I have future plans :)

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Im partial but I ordered a kingbrite off alibaba. Its 240 watts, with some deep red and I believe yoy can get UV. I paid $185 shipped from china. In a 4x4 you would want 2, but you could run 1 kingbrite along with what you have until you getba second one.

Mine has only been going at 20-35% for 2 weeks now. Im honestly not sure about warranty either. Leds are very efficient and last quite a long time. Based on my convo with vivi and others with vicki I doubt there would be much of a problem to get warranty help

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Forgot to say the light goes for ~105-120$ and shipping was another $55

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

I recently bought a Vibraspectra 2000 and have been really impressed with it.

Doesn't heat the tent up too much either so will be getting another one for sure.

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Forgot to say the light goes for ~105-120$ and shipping was another $55
My kingbrite from china is still going strong. Im about to order the 320 watt version

Prices are nuts now compared to a year ago

Top Bottom