Thinking about not flushing (coco grow)

• Thread starter Pondracer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pondracer

Pondracer

I've never had to flush anything having always been a soil grower. But my first coco grow is nearing that time, if not being that time and I am thinking about maybe not flushing at all. Part of that comes from reading this article. I also checked this one out. I don't know, I have zero practical experience and haven't really taste tested one way versus the other.

Odiesel

Odiesel

I will tell you i personally didnt do a flush on my first coco harvest. Well the first 2 plants i harvested of the 3 i might have done like a day or 2 of plain water but the 3rd i cut without flushing and they all burn clean ash and taste great. Although this harvest im thinking of flushing to see if there will be any difference.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If you didnt overfeed then no need to flush. I do like to taper down the feed during ripening as they need less and less to finish after final stacking.

But if excess nutrients have built up flush and lower feed ec or switch to water only and hope for the best.

Good to meter runoff ec to see how much is building up over time. Then not much question of what to do.

Always had better results in yield and potency if i could feed through to the end without doing too much and hurting flavor and adding harshness.

Thats the real trick. And maybe why commercial growers simply switch to water or flush the last weeks.

shittyfartfarmer

shittyfartfarmer

If you didnt overfeed then no need to flush. I do like to taper down the feed during ripening as they need less and less to finish after final stacking.

But if excess nutrients have built up flush and lower feed ec or switch to water only and hope for the best.

Good to meter runoff ec to see how much is building up over time. Then not much question of what to do.

Always had better results in yield and potency if i could feed through to the end without doing too much and hurting flavor and adding harshness.

Thats the real trick. And maybe why commercial growers simply switch to water or flush the last weeks.
i mean whatever your doing working tho nice nugs

Top Bottom