Third Grow with an attempt at photoperiods

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I'm into my third grow and first attempt at photoperiods. I'm attempting 2 Durban Poison and gonna figure a way to get a gelato auto in this grow. My last run of gelato became my favorite strain yet with taste and all around great buzz. I'm trying to time it to where I can get enough Veg in my tent on my auto before I can take it outside where we will have consistent 70 plus degree weather. I had a few people enjoy my last grow so I figured I would throw my journal on here in case I come across some issues. (I'm just now learning to keep everything on one thread. Thank you for the patience lol).
I'm on day 22 and I just Transplanted my Durbans into 3 gallon mesh. My gelato I started directly in FoxFarm Soil (first attempt at that method and has become my favorite so far).
All I have done to date is water when the plants are asking for it. I have turned off my main 6" intake this time and my plants are LOVING the humidity. I figure I'll keep it off till I need to drop the humidity. To date I only had a little bit of heat stress around day 12 but worked with my lux reader and have somewhat figured out my Mars Hydro height and intensity. Currently at 16" and 25%. This is giving me a reading of right at 10000 lux in thr middle and right at 8800 over my end plants (Durban Poison). They dont seem to be stretching for now either. I will keep it update when I start doing some training. Thanks for the help on my prior grows. My last run came out awesome for my personal liking and all my friends loved getting a free gelato and bruce banner buds

Third grow with an attempt at photoperiods
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

UPDATE: I still have not used nutrients except calmag and having to water only every six to seven days. Ever since I added the Humidifier and turned off my main 6" intake for now, my plants look great. I have fan leaves larger the my hands on my Durban Poison and white pistils just showed up on my Gelato this morning right at day 30 (been the same my last 2 auto grows). I Topped my auto against mixed reviews 2 days ago and clearly have 2 new main stems so I'm hoping the risk reps rewards. My very first grow of Grandaddy Purp I Topped my plants and had alot more colas BUT not nearly as fat as my second grow. So I'm hoping to follow this topping with the nutrient regimen that got me the results on my last grow. I also have performed LST on my D.P plants mainly because I heard these get super tall and my tent is 4x2x5. I'll be throwing up the SCROG sometime in the next 7 to days to match my previous grow.
I have one concern, I was hoping to get the Gelato Auto out prior to putting up the SCROG, knowing my last Gelato took 100 days. There is no way in he'll I can Veg my D.Ps that long in this size tent with lights on a 20/4 cycle before switching to 12/12. Any ideas would be appreciated. Keep in mind, we generally are holding steady 70 degree weather here by April, so I'm praying I'll be good to get her outside. I'll upload a video to show size of the massive fan leaves I'm getting, spacing of nodes to get feedback and the pistils on the gelato

Top Bottom