This album is dedicated to all the haters and nay sayers ... 12 Plant 16K

• Thread starter Mr.GoodCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

biggs

looking good, any chance of posting up some more pics of the other plants?

T

theTinker

Good luck!

If you get anywhere near 3lbs a plant, thats a win win! I envy those numbers.

I hope you can get some more pictures of the room and plants up. I'd love to see your set up. Im muuuccchhhhhh smaller :)

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I will try to get some better pics before harvest, but no promises. Thanks for stopping by all

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Way back on another site, in a galaxy far, far away I saw a thread that they had a plant in a barn that was under a 1000w HPS in a big container of some sort and if I remember correctly they got 5 pounds. They vegged it like all summer next to a big hay door and kept the 1000w over it. Then come fall it flowered like a normal outdoor plant but with the 1000w over it.

Your plants are always really nice looking Mr. Good Cat. I think you will make it.

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

I think you can pull it off bro.. They beastin for sho.. Peace!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Lookin' good, cat- I'm constantly amazed at the flexibility of the plants, and the ingenuity of the growers here.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Sweet

I grow my outdoor plants in 45 gallon smart pots, and have grown 13 dawgs in one of them and I'm pulling for you. I didn't get three but I got pretty close and just planted 6" tall plants in the middle of june with about 6 hours of direct sun, I live in the woods. I didn't choose the plant either it was my best of 5 seeds(still have 5) that I grew. Pump that CO2 to the girls and show them lots of love and water and who knows. Hope you get more than 3 per plant, take care

mal

Tank333

Tank333

Man, I'm followin' this grow, for sure!! My wife hates it when I find a new bad-ass log like this to watch... I just got her to drop $750 on the new hydro system, and there's always a new $3-500 gadget or controller I'm trying to get her to buy next.

I'm rootin' for ya man. Can't wait to see the final yield on this one...

true grit

true grit

Looking good bro, stoked to see how this goes for ya! I had to get away from vert after my stadium attempt didn't yield as well as wanted even with big chunkers! lol. I feel TK tho, i've had some 1lb'ers and that was a helluva an attempt on my part. lol.

On a side note, the Connie doesn't produce more yield its the other variables that make it better than Sensi AB imo. Such as more chelation which leads to using much less on the base nutrient side as well as with additives. Getting the most out of your plant without pumping more nutes than needed equates to a product thats generally better on the end result from experience. this is what i experience from connie/heavy16

singingcrow

singingcrow

I'd like to see how this works out for you with so many lights per plant. Not hating, *trust* me.. I'm rooting for ya, really! But I think if you toned it down a notch you might get rid of the haters. Proving a great grow to yourself is one thing, creating a live journal and smashing records and starting off daring others to naysay is another. Let's live and let live, ya know?

Anyway, I really do wish you well and have subscribed to your thread. Here's rooting for you (and hoping I pick up a trick or two).

singingcrow

singingcrow

Im lovin this for sure....I just pulled a plant down that was 7ft tall and as round with 75-100 arms on it the size of my calf, dense as rocks, solid....I'll be lucky if its 3lbs total...

Not a hater at all, but I have never actually seen anyone pullin that wieght of a single plant and be able to prove it, not on any board, alot of people talk about it, say its easy, whatever..its not at all...everyone out there that says its easy. lets see it. lets see some pics, you must have done it right to get 3lbs, lets see some pics on the scales or even wieghed bags or something...we never see those, just hear that it is easy to do, so lets see it from the masses that have it figured out, show us a 3lb plant in a soil container...please

I just want to see it and see what I am doin wrong. I personally don't believe the wieghts people are saying they are gettin anymore, more like wishfull thinkin on their part and/or wieghin it all before its ready to pump up their egos.

Im ready for the show for sure, here to learn

Tex

We at day 54 and these bitches are packing on the holiday weight. I think I will be pretty close to the 3# number per. They are all about the same size, pretty uniform. I am surprised. I have seen a buddy pull and elbow and 10 off of one in a 15 mine are easily twice as big. Most are around 6-7 ft wide and 4-5 ft tall but this girl is closer to 8 ft wide, but not quite as tall as the others.

Love the pic, btw. Huge plants, just amazing...!:icon_animal26:

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Well results are in ... sorry for lack of pics , I really slacked on keeping this thread up to date. Average was just a little under 1.5# per. I have to go back to the drawing board and really do some adjustments to hit the 3# mark. Going to start with redoing the light layout. Peace all - GC

420alldaze

420alldaze

what up mrgoodcat? thought for sure with the size of them hedges you'd get more than that? grow and learn ya know? + vibes your way brother. happy holidaze peacentreez 42o

B

BadFish

very nice plants dude, but I think you were right the pots were too big for the size of plant.

M

mrdizzle

hey like I said, you really cant lose with this run, 18lbs is 18lbs my friend, and 1.5# a plant is an awesome start

I agree with badfish, a 10 gallon brutes is all you will need to get a 3lbers, watered 1-2times a day till runoff in straight coco would kill it, or a chow 50/50 coir/ hydroton would kill it even more

problem is with 45gals of soil isthe medium stays wet for too long, not allowing enough air to really set it off. the more frequent waterings also keeps the PH and PPM's dialed in

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

hey like I said, you really cant lose with this run, 18lbs is 18lbs my friend, and 1.5# a plant is an awesome start

I agree with badfish, a ten gallon brutes watered 1-2times a day till runoff in straight coco would kill it, or a chow 50/50 coir/ hydroton would kill it even more

problem is with a container that large the medium stays wet for too long, not allowing enough air to really set it off. the more frequent waterings also keeps the PH and PPM's in check

what if you take the brute and cut out 1/2 hole about 4" apart staggered all the way around from top to bottom. mabey this will help air it out a bit?

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

This run I am using 15-gal smart pots with 50/50 chow mix. Gold Label Hydro Corn and Roots Organic Coco Soiless Mix. Should be a little better. I also changed my light layout to a 18-plant 17-light configuration in the same space and dropped from 60" center to closer to 50" centers. Keep evolving that's all we can do...

Illmind

Illmind

good luck. i think you'll get better results with the 15 gal. u use promix bx ever? hows 16k look on the util bill? thinking around 1000$ give or take a few hundo..

T

TreFarmer

This run I am using 15-gal smart pots with 50/50 chow mix. Gold Label Hydro Corn and Roots Organic Coco Soiless Mix. Should be a little better. I also changed my light layout to a 18-plant 17-light configuration in the same space and dropped from 60" center to closer to 50" centers. Keep evolving that's all we can do...

Hey Cat!! When you say 60" centers do you mean accross the plant?? Cause from my understanding, (common mistake) it is from light to light between plants
.. isn't it?? My centers were 67" accross, and 55+/- between. I have reconfigured to 46 on center.... I think the light spacing is fairly strain specific....

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Hey Cat!! When you say 60" centers do you mean accross the plant?? Cause from my understanding, (common mistake) it is from light to light between plants
.. isn't it?? My centers were 67" accross, and 55+/- between. I have reconfigured to 46 on center.... I think the light spacing is fairly strain specific....

No, from center of plant to center of light.

Top Bottom