This Normal?

• Thread starter NoScope209
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NoScope209

8+ weeks into veg and this is happening to the old fan leaves. I'm feeding biobizz bio grow. Don t think it's N deficiency as she has plenty of nutes available to her. I've fed Epsom salts so can't be magnesium

This normal
This normal 2
This normal 3
xinobyte

xinobyte

How's the drainage of this shopping bag ? I can't imagine it being too good.
Chances are the water just sits at the bottom and screws up your pH which causes nutes lockout.

N

NoScope209

How's the drainage of this shopping bag ? I can't imagine it being too good.
Chances are the water just sits at the bottom and screws up your pH which causes nutes lockout.
It's not bad. Water always pours out the sides when I water. I think I could be overwatering because I'm not used to growing in bags like these.

xinobyte

xinobyte

It's not bad. Water always pours out the sides when I water. I think I could be overwatering because I'm not used to growing in bags like these.

If you have another one of those bags laying around pour water in it and see how long it takes to drain.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I couldn't really tell from the pic but it also helps to have it sitting off the ground on like a wire mesh screen or something. It gets more oxygen to the roots and drains better than if it were on a solid surface.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

It also looks like your soil could use some perlite to help with drainage too.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

If it were mine I clip it off and only worry about it if other leaves started to yellow. Looks like some bug chewing on the leaf above. Did you check it for pests?

IMO, your plant looks generally healthy. I wouldn't worry too much.

N

NoScope209

If it were mine I clip it off and only worry about it if other leaves started to yellow. Looks like some bug chewing on the leaf above. Did you check it for pests?

IMO, your plant looks generally healthy. I wouldn't worry too much.
Yeah caught a caterpillar munching away a few weeks ago. Treated with neem oil foliar spray. Think I must re-apply soon

N

NoScope209

It also looks like your soil could use some perlite to help with drainage too.
yeah I know I was a noob when I started this grow. Learning as I go along. Got a Dutch passion shaman seed germing now that I will plant in a pot with plenty coco coir. Perlite is really expensive where I am

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah caught a caterpillar munching away a few weeks ago. Treated with neem oil foliar spray. Think I must re-apply soon

I thought so. I was only seeing yellow on the munched on leaves. I think you already fixed the problem and are just dealing with the damaged leaves. You're probably good.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

yeah I know I was a noob when I started this grow. Learning as I go along. Got a Dutch passion shaman seed germing now that I will plant in a pot with plenty coco coir. Perlite is really expensive where I am
I'm pretty new too, just finished my first grow. Didn't know you were in Coco. Seems harder and more time consuming than soil, which is why I'm a soil guy lol. I hear your pH, and not letting it dry out is real important in Coco, good luck to ya bro.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I'm pretty new too, just finished my first grow. Didn't know you were in Coco. Seems harder and more time consuming than soil, which is why I'm a soil guy lol. I hear your pH, and not letting it dry out is real important in Coco, good luck to ya bro.
Oh I think I misunderstood. You mix Coco and soil together to help drainage?

Top Bottom