Thought N def. initially, now I dont know

• Thread starter Teetering
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Teetering

Teetering

This past week I was struggling with temperatures, with the highest reaching 86F. This was only for a few days. Prior to the heat, I believed I gave too much nitrogen. The leaves appeared dark on the edges, a few burnt tips, and stunted growth. Now, with the incidence of lower leave yellowing I am puzzled, because that wouldn’t be N tox, would it? Water is PHed regularly to 6.2-6.4 usually. I’m thinking maybe I misinterpreted heat stress for N tox and now its N deficient. I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I am still trying to find my way around the forums.

Thought n def initially now i dont know
Teetering

Teetering

You may be over watering. The leaves are not expanding, which makes me think there is a root problem — like drowning and rotting roots.
I suspected I might be too. I think ill really let them dry out next time. Finding the balance between watering has definitely been one of the trickier tasks for me so far. Thank you for your input, I truly appreciate it!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I suspected I might be too. I think ill really let them dry out next time. Finding the balance between watering has definitely been one of the trickier tasks for me so far. Thank you for your input, I truly appreciate it!
If you are accustomed to watering houseplants, change your ways for Cannabis.

Plants that are good houseplant candidates can take both wet and dry soils. Cannabis doesn't like wet soil once it pops a root out of the seed.

Is that a plastic cup? If so, punch some more holes in the bottom, and maybe a few on the sides.

Teetering

Teetering

If you are accustomed to watering houseplants, change your ways for Cannabis.

Plants that are good houseplant candidates can take both wet and dry soils. Cannabis doesn't like wet soil once it pops a root out of the seed.

Is that a plastic cup? If so, punch some more holes in the bottom, and maybe a few on the sides.
I likely have been overwatering then. I am so fearful of letting them dry out too much that I think I get heavy handed. Im just gonna let them get to the dryness I usually do then wait an extra day or two.
The pot is plastic as well, so putting holes does sound like a good idea. Thank you again for the advice, in my head I was thinking the soil should be more on the moist side.

Top Bottom