Thoughts/help with my Bush

• Thread starter Plmbit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Plmbit

Plmbit

Hello there, I’ve been lurking around here for quite some time being a sponge.

1st grow, bag seed supposedly Chemdog, 2 plants hoping i have a female!! One has been in for 6-7 weeks maybe 8, the other is 2/3 weeks behind. It was a rough start for sure, but I’m flowing nicely now. Here’s some info-

-4x4 in basement
-18 gal rdwc
-Ro water, gh trio, cal/mag, armor si nutes.
-4- atreum 288.2 led boards meanwell 600-54a driver. Also have two qb96 with 320-54a to help with flower.
-rh kept from 45-60%
- temps are 73-77 day 63-67 night
-water temps 64-68

Right now I’m at 700ppm starting at ph of 5.6, letting the ppm’s drop and ph rise for about a week or so and just adding ro to keep level. Wattage is 450-500 from the wall at this point just from atreums.

I want to switch to flower but this plant on the left is sooooo bushy i feel like it’s just going to be trouble for a first timer. I did top it once. Is there any suggestions you folks have for me to manage it? I don’t want to trim anything but damn.

don’t judge above the lights. It’s all a mess right now. I need to make a new frame to house the qb’s within the boards. Drivers mounted outside the tent.

Any help appreciated before i switch these two.

Thoughtshelp with my bush
Thoughtshelp with my bush 2
Thoughtshelp with my bush 3
Thoughtshelp with my bush 4
Thoughtshelp with my bush 5
Thoughtshelp with my bush 6
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

They're doing pretty nicely. (Might be some slight over-feeding?) I have a really bushy one myself; I really expected it to grow taller. I was tempted to thin out the leaves or something, but she's growing well, and I don't want to spoil anything. I read something recently suggesting that if they don't get good light during the early sprouting stage, they may end up shorter? Indica dominant strains are reportedly shorter in general. Interested to see what other feedback you get.

growsince79

growsince79

I would remove the small bottom branches. Keep bending and removing small bottom branches. Try to make about 16- 20 main colas on each plant. Remove smaller branches again and light defoliation if and where necessary. GL happy growin.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
You could try to get your pots up off the tent floor creat a air gap under them warmer dryer roots aids in plant health good drainage is a must .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
You could try to get your pots up off the tent floor creat a air gap under them warmer dryer roots aids in plant health good drainage is a must .
I Know I sound like a broken record Don’t I Grow 79 on this part of plant hygiene but I had it drummed into me by the hardest teacher of all ..... my Father .....

growsince79

growsince79

I Know I sound like a broken record Don’t I Grow 79 on this part of plant hygiene but I had it drummed into me by the hardest teacher of all ..... my Father .....
Some habits are hard to break. I still put 2" of lava rock on bottom.

Plmbit

Plmbit

I would but the roots are submerged in water. Putting air under them might cause a leak!! 🤣

C5931984 91F0 4543 959D 266E143AF17E
Plmbit

Plmbit

Thank you for giving me assurance i can cut some small branches. Will do.

teejacks

teejacks

damn bro.. i love the look of a heavy indica my god that is beautiful. well done good luck going further

Top Bottom