Thoughts On Mega Crop

• Thread starter cottageman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I got a free (paid shipping) bag of megacrop last year. Havent even tried it. Lol

It has way too much additives included for me. Although i have seen good grows on riu using it. But in hydro. Soil grows seem to have some issues ive seen but. Ould easily be user error.

To confirm the ratio. Whick i think is very good. My favorite breeder had a fertilizer made called easy pistils and it has much the same ratio. And intended for full cycle. But excludes calcium like jacks. He adds calcium powder he told me. And there are no additives like silica in it.

cottageman

cottageman

You found it!

I tried a few others but not Recharge yet..The plants are visibly happier (I hate that word for plants, but it fits) when I feed the URB..I use it at about 75% of what they say and it does reduce the need for the Megacrop/PK boost. In flower, I find that a peak of 4.5-5 grams per gallon of water (soil) works well on most strains so far.

I also stopped using RO and went back to tap, so the need for Calcium is lower. NOTG Herculean Harvest is the source for Ca. that I use in flower. I also stopped feeding liquid kelp since megacrop also has that.
If it notionally works then by all means stick with it. I use perfect grower cal mag since I have a bunch and it also has a bit of sulfur and no npk which is nice. I am going to use Cyco swell for my pk booster since I have a free liter but I think Moab or Ultimate Pk would be a better choice. I also use Aphrodite's extract for some extra sugar and MPK when needed. I am going to alb test this run with thc and terp analysis after this run so it will be interesting to see what I come up with.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I wish there was a lab in Northern Nevada that would test for us personal farmers....They don't sell clones here and from outward appearances, the state would rather that we didn't grow (MMJ card holders can grow strains not available in legal dispensarys within 25 miles of home..which encompasses most of the state).There are strains that I have grown that have something that relieves my condition better than others..I know it's related to inflammation, but do not know what the Cannabanoid was that the one that helped me the most (Somango from Oaseeds bulk seeds).

There is a law suit now to force the state to make public the dispensary licenses and the entire thing is very secretive.. Tax revenue is killing it and they want no interference .

I was in the Gaming business here for years and learned how the "system" here operates from within at high levels....I was astonished then, and that was a long time back.

MMJ licensing in Nevada was modeled after the Gaming models and it is/was an instant winner for the state. Legalization has forced down the price of legal weed, but not far enough..they still gouge everyone. (except those like MMJ individual growers, that are currently beyond their reach). I renew solely so that I can grow 12 plants legally, and it takes 5 minutes online for a renewal..that and $100 and you are good for 2 yrs!

cottageman

cottageman

I wish there was a lab in Northern Nevada that would test for us personal farmers....They don't sell clones here and from outward appearances, the state would rather that we didn't grow (MMJ card holders can grow strains not available in legal dispensarys within 25 miles of home..which encompasses most of the state).There are strains that I have grown that have something that relieves my condition better than others..I know it's related to inflammation, but do not know what the Cannabanoid was that the one that helped me the most (Somango from Oaseeds bulk seeds).

There is a law suit now to force the state to make public the dispensary licenses and the entire thing is very secretive.. Tax revenue is killing it and they want no interference .

I was in the Gaming business here for years and learned how the "system" here operates from within at high levels....I was astonished then, and that was a long time back.

MMJ licensing in Nevada was modeled after the Gaming models and it is/was an instant winner for the state. Legalization has forced down the price of legal weed, but not far enough..they still gouge everyone. (except those like MMJ individual growers, that are currently beyond their reach). I renew solely so that I can grow 12 plants legally, and it takes 5 minutes online for a renewal..that and $100 and you are good for 2 yrs!
Every state seems to have its ridiculous politicians that are trying to make as much money as they possibly can. I grew for 2 dispensaries in southern California for 2 years medically before it became legal and my county outlawed cultivation, on top of the fact that they made it way to expensive to go legal even if I could. Luckily I am able to grow 6 plants legally and a lot more medically so I am lucky there.

cottageman

cottageman

I got a free (paid shipping) bag of megacrop last year. Havent even tried it. Lol

It has way too much additives included for me. Although i have seen good grows on riu using it. But in hydro. Soil grows seem to have some issues ive seen but. Ould easily be user error.

To confirm the ratio. Whick i think is very good. My favorite breeder had a fertilizer made called easy pistils and it has much the same ratio. And intended for full cycle. But excludes calcium like jacks. He adds calcium powder he told me. And there are no additives like silica in it.
Yeah I think the ratio is pretty good up until mid to late flower I think I could use a little more P to K, other than that it seems pretty similar to what I was running before. It does have a lot of amendments, but they are in low amounts so you still have to add things like silica, sulfur and probably kelp as well. It just helps give everything a bit of a boost.

U

ugmjfarmer

I had my sample pack of Megacrop take upon water and it became a gel not a powder. FWIW; keep it in a very very dry place and don't let water get into the powder at all.

testiclees

testiclees

My first series of plants using MC. Going well but im keeping an eye on potential N issues. With these plants i used MC about 5 weeks straight. 3.5g/gal every other wateting. They got a little too dark do i switched up. Here they are after 2 weeks no MC just URB, Seagreen and compost tea. I plan on reintroducing MC sgsin soon then just r/o water before chop.

6 25 mega crop 1
6 25 mega crop
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

My first series of plants using MC. Going well but im keeping an eye on potential N issues. With these plants i used MC about 5 weeks straight. 3.5g/gal every other wateting. They got a little too dark do i switched up. Here they are after 2 weeks no MC just URB, Seagreen and compost tea. I plan on reintroducing MC sgsin soon then just r/o water before chop.
I begin cutting down on MC about week 5, as I increase the PK boost..No major N problems for me.

Djrvalley

Djrvalley

I have a 300g sample of their new recipe and I am going to try it next run over my Perfect Grower Nutrients(good but basically jacks split into 4 parts and more expensive) and I wanted to know if anyone has experience using it. It seems like a really good product and has mostly everything you need. I am going to add sea green, Mammoth P and a pk booster probably. Any thoughts on mega Crop or should I look towards something else?
Hi guys, I been using mega crop for 2 seasons now and I don't use anything else. I used to buy all kinds of different products and tbh it was exhausting.not to mention expensive, it's the middle of August and these plants are at 9 ft outside. My tent I have 2 different systems happening but all wether soil or hydro, Mega Crop is definitely easy, affordable and produces amazing results. I will try to upload a video I took the other day. Here in upstate NY we only have till October to get it done before frost comes. Any way. Thanks and love that Mega Crop!

20210814 193621
20210814 193621
Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Hi guys, I been using mega crop for 2 seasons now and I don't use anything else. I used to buy all kinds of different products and tbh it was exhausting.not to mention expensive, it's the middle of August and these plants are at 9 ft outside. My tent I have 2 different systems happening but all wether soil or hydro, Mega Crop is definitely easy, affordable and produces amazing results. I will try to upload a video I took the other day. Here in upstate NY we only have till October to get it done before frost comes. Any way. Thanks and love that Mega Crop!
Do you use the 2 part or 1 part?
I just switched to powdered nutrients, using general hydroponics maxi series but I’ve heard good things about mega crop and also like the transparency on their website. They give you the exact breakdown compared to general hydroponics which is kinda vague.

Djrvalley

Djrvalley

Do you use the 2 part or 1 part?
I just switched to powdered nutrients, using general hydroponics maxi series but I’ve heard good things about mega crop and also like the transparency on their website. They give you the exact breakdown compared to general hydroponics which is kinda vague.
I just use the 1 part. For me it's all about the genetics. Getting good seeds. My sativas grow tall and full colas, and the indicas are chunky and very sticky! This mega crop just takes all the guess work out of growing for me. It even seems to naturally keep the ph right where it's supposed to be!

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Damn man! Impressive! That would take me a year to trim!!! I think I’m gonna order some of that mega crop 👍

Djrvalley

Djrvalley

Damn man! Impressive! That would take me a year to trim!!! I think I’m gonna order some of that mega crop 👍
Lol, yea, I am dreading trimming it all. That video is from today. I have twin boys 27 years old. They are going to help trim it all, probably like 3rd week in October. Good luck my friend!

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Lol, yea, I am dreading trimming it all. That video is from today. I have twin boys 27 years old. They are going to help trim it all, probably like 3rd week in October. Good luck my friend!
Thanks man, good luck on the trimming.

Top Bottom