Thoughts on my cannabis experiments round 3

• Thread starter Mypowerofwill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mypowerofwill

Mypowerofwill

Hey all. First post. I've been bored during flu....so I'm on my 3rd repeat grow 😂 I have a background in biology so it probably help a bit and I've been reading on grows my whole life ya know. I was hoping for feedback 🙂 on my 2 experimemts. Sry my phone's auto txt sucks. I have 4 seeds from a top shelf dispensary in colorado. The bud itself was runtz x grease monkey. One little bud had 4 seeds the rest of it was seedless dankington.

Anyway, I germed them and have 4 plants that are 5 weeks old. They are being trained.

For the first experiment I am going to essently harvest all of the leaves from one plant, and graft onto the other plant. Not buds. The actual leaves. Assuming it heals right, I assume this will increase potency, but am hesitant cuz I don't see anyone grafting pot leaves to increase light intake.

For the 2nd experiment, I am going to take the other two plant and literally give each plant 2 different light cycles.
First one will get 12/12 light on top and 20/4 light on bottom with a divider.

Second plant will be the same just backwards.

Any thoughts on my experiments. I can't find replicas of them online for some reason.

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Go dude go! I love it. I think you don’t see grafting of leaves is because most of us have too many of them. I’m interested to see if they take and the other experiments should be interesting. Please post lots of pictures.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The top will flower and the bottom will not and or the plant will get too stressed and reverse with the split light cycles.

There is a pic of a tree next to a streetlamp in the jorje cervantes grow book with the dark side flowered and the street light side not.

As far as leaf grafting. Sounds time consuming for no reason. Most gardeners remove leaves for air flow and light penetration to the bud sites. I dont tend to but never felt the need for more leaves. We grow for flowers.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I love experiments! It would be wild if the plant shot a branch out of where you add a leaf lol

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'm all for experimenting, but why not experiment with stuff that would be more useful to growers? I've never heard any grower say they wish they could add a few more leaves, for example.

Will you be using a lab to analyze cannabinoids and terps?

Latest posts

Top Bottom