Thoughts on Power Si Additive

• Thread starter Odiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Odiesel

Odiesel

Hey everyone not sure if yall have seen this product Power Si https://canopy-crop.com/powersi-bloom/

This is the Bloom version and they also have a regular version to use through veg. This is a silicic acid product and i have seen quite a numerous amount of growers using the product on IG.

I am curious if anyone here has any experience using the product and what they thought about it. I have contemplated buying it and before i go spending money on yet another product i figured i would see what the farm thought.

Power si additive for cannabis

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

A bottle of protekt is $23 delivered from amazon and works fine as a silica supplement. I havent used more than 3ml per gallon. Pretty thrifty.

So does mixing DE or vermiculite into the soil.

So much product hype happening. Especially on IG and youtube. Even if it works better is it worth so much money? And does it really work so much better? Chelated calcium is expensive and works better. But lime works fine and is cheap. See what im saying?

And why do conventional farmers not need all this silly weed specific crap? They want the best flavor and yield too.

1 liter bottle. $130. Sounds legit. ;-)

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Potassium silicate is probably the cheapest silica you can add to your lineup but adds extra K, which can lock out calcium. Recyclesil is next. It is inert as far as added nutrient input, but has a bit of sedimentation. PowerSi is the cheapest of the soluble orthosilicic acids, but is still ungodly expensive versus a few pennies for potassium silicate.

cottageman

cottageman

I’ve ran pro tek, heavy16 prime(potassium silicate), aptus facilitator, vitalize by mills and power si. I’ve seen a noticeable difference between potassium silicate and silicic acid without a doubt. I thought it was all hype but I’ve tried power si’s bloom formula for a few months now and it’s without a doubt helped the stacking in flower a lot. I imagine that being partly based on the aminos and kelp they add in it but it’s worked for me. Silicic acid also has proven benefits over potassium silicate when foliar sprayed. It has shown to increase yield and help prevent bug and disease infestations at a higher rate than potassium silicate. I add the original power si into my veg sprays now as well

cottageman

cottageman

I’ve ran pro tek, heavy16 prime(potassium silicate), aptus facilitator, vitalize by mills and power si. I’ve seen a noticeable difference between potassium silicate and silicic acid without a doubt. I thought it was all hype but I’ve tried power si’s bloom formula for a few months now and it’s without a doubt helped the stacking in flower a lot. I imagine that being partly based on the aminos and kelp they add in it but it’s worked for me. Silicic acid also has proven benefits over potassium silicate when foliar sprayed. It has shown to increase yield and help prevent bug and disease infestations at a higher rate than potassium silicate. I add the original power si into my veg sprays now as well
People also always complain about price and it is steep for starting but you use original at .5ml per gallon. Meaning you get 2000 gallons of nutrient out of a 1 liter bottle. They should offer a smaller size for non commercial growers. They gave out free samples for a while but I think people abused the system too much so they shut it down

cottageman

cottageman

How does it compare to aptus facilitator,? Actually how would you rank the ones you mentioned?
I’d say power si 1 vitalize 2 aptus 3 and then protek/ prime 4. A big factor is price and I’ve seen the best results with power si, I think mainly because they add in some amino acid and in their bloom they have kelp extract which never hurts, and it’s also cheaper than aptus or vitalize. Vitalize and aptus seemed basically the same to me but vitalize was cheaper than aptus. Heavy prime I still use when I brew a tea for foliar spray and in veg for microbes

Odiesel

Odiesel

I’d say power si 1 vitalize 2 aptus 3 and then protek/ prime 4. A big factor is price and I’ve seen the best results with power si, I think mainly because they add in some amino acid and in their bloom they have kelp extract which never hurts, and it’s also cheaper than aptus or vitalize. Vitalize and aptus seemed basically the same to me but vitalize was cheaper than aptus. Heavy prime I still use when I brew a tea for foliar spray and in veg for microbes
Yeah i think the price is justified with Power SI as well since you will only be using such small amounts per gallon

RonS

RonS

Umm i can't justify those big brand costs.

I'm with you there!

Based on previously posted by cottageman..." Silicic acid also has proven benefits over potassium silicate when foliar sprayed."..I thought I'd try some Silicic acid and ordered50 bucks of Powersi Original .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm with you there!

Based on previously posted by cottageman..." Silicic acid also has proven benefits over potassium silicate when foliar sprayed."..I thought I'd try some Silicic acid and ordered50 bucks of Powersi Original .
It does... also a bit easier to uptake i think. Plus it does not affect ph like potassium silicate... which can be good or bad depending hkw ya use it.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

I think silica is dope AF!! You should read up on silica, I use Agsil 16 from KIS organics and make the same thing as dyna grow for pennies on the gal, only for foliar feeding. But the real real its the volcanic duff from montana that kills it thats what i am converting over to, last year i put a lotta basalt dust and thats up to 50% silica

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah i couldnt justify paying that much ..i bought silikamajic .2ml pr litre i just use 3ml per 15 litres.i have noticed its helping with heat from the gavita..thats about it.
20210213 134200

Rogrower

Rogrower

I have bought a bottle cost me 200£ had it a month not used it yet ... I here it can stop stretch ?? Any one any experience using it for stretch ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom