thoughts on the fan situation

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

so i have an old ac infinity 6 inch inline fan that has a broken fan blade BUT it still blows air .so could i use this fan as an intake fan into my tent ? i have a new ac infinity 6 inch fan and filter for the exhaust

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

so i have an old ac infinity 6 inch inline fan that has a broken fan blade BUT it still blows air .so could i use this fan as an intake fan into my tent ? i have a new ac infinity 6 inch fan and filter for the exhaust
Not needed imo... id give em a call or email. Ask them for a replacement blade. You never know. I haven't seen parts listed but if ya take the old one maybe you can have a friend 3D print one or maybe there are already specs on that out there? Maybe aftermarket... just gonna be the shift diameter and the outside diameter and you have a complete unit again.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Not needed imo... id give em a call or email. Ask them for a replacement blade. You never know. I haven't seen parts listed but if ya take the old one maybe you can have a friend 3D print one or maybe there are already specs on that out there? Maybe aftermarket... just gonna be the shift diameter and the outside diameter and you have a complete unit again.
i did that told them i broke it there is a post here about it they sent me a brand new fan told me to keep the broken one said they dont sell parts

Smithers

Smithers

The broken fan blade will cause a wobble due to uneven weight, which will cause hell for the bearings of the fan after time and will eventually wear them out too. I'd contact the mfg for a replacement fan blade piece if possible, could get it working correct again for maybe less money than a new one. Or like Aquaman said, match the shaft and external diameter, and buy aftermarket.

Top Bottom