Thoughts on this kit for my first indoor grow

• Thread starter Adamg762000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Adamg762000

Just finishing up 🤞🏻🤞🏻 My first outdoor grow - and nervously watching the weather everyday - but either way I’m hooked! Wondering on thoughts for this kit for my first indoor - I like the automation and technology AC infinity brings to the table , just looking for some input on the light that’s included and if it’s good - I’m used to any sort of kit of anything having some discounted parts. Hoping not the case with this one. Any thoughts or advice appreciated

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
You won’t be disappointed. The only thing I’d look into is a different light, preferably a bar light that pulls a true 300w. Their light is very good for the kit and price, just something to look into the future.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
The overall equipment that AC infinity is amazing, the only thing I feel they lack is their lighting. They use the quantum board design versus the bar design. The quantum boards don’t get as good as coverage and light distribution on the outer edges like bar lights can. I’ve also read tests results that their lights also don’t pull the true wattage they’re advertising. Their 300w pulls around 240-260w from the wall. Someone else can chime in and correct me if I’m wrong.

beluga

beluga

The old formula people would use was 35W/sqft. I believe that has gone by the wayside because watts aren't going to be utilized the same with different LED technologies, but I still find it to be a decent starting point.
So, for a 3x3, you'd be looking for 315W. For a 4x4, 560W. Overpowered with a dial is better than underpowered.

A

Adamg762000

Ok I’m ordering! Can always grab a new light at some point down the road or get a bigger set up and use this tent as well! Thanks for the input!

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Ok I’m ordering! Can always grab a new light at some point down the road or get a bigger set up and use this tent as well! Thanks for the input!
You won’t be disappointed. I don’t want you to think their lights aren’t good (they are) they just aren’t as efficient as bar lights! Best of luck on your future grow!

Latest posts

Top Bottom