Three week old super skunk seedlings canoeing leaves...

• Thread starter Nu2grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nu2grow

I am fairly new to growing. Any growing I have done was just buying a handful of clones, putting the in the ground outside, feed, water, and harvest. Thus is my first time buying seeds. I got them from ilgm due to there decent customer service.

I germinated them, then had them in dice cups for about 10 days, once I noticed the roots balling up I moved them to one gallon containers. I have them under a 1000 watt hps lamp. I noticed about three days ago, they are about three weeks old now, that the leaves are starting to canoe. At that point they were about 24" from lightsource, so I moved it up to 30". About five days ago I had to go on a four day trip. I was worried about them drying out. The pots are sitting in a tray, so I watered the plants and then I also put a good amount of water in the tray. Will this cause canoeing? Should I worry to much? They are going to be moved outside as soon as frost is done. I just don't want to mess them up, I have never had plants grow so vigorously.

Thanks for any help,
Nu2grow

N

Nu2grow

I am fairly new to growing. Any growing I have done was just buying a handful of clones, putting the in the ground outside, feed, water, and harvest. Thus is my first time buying seeds. I got them from ilgm due to there decent customer service.

I germinated them, then had them in dice cups for about 10 days, once I noticed the roots balling up I moved them to one gallon containers. I have them under a 1000 watt hps lamp. I noticed about three days ago, they are about three weeks old now, that the leaves are starting to canoe. At that point they were about 24" from lightsource, so I moved it up to 30". About five days ago I had to go on a four day trip. I was worried about them drying out. The pots are sitting in a tray, so I watered the plants and then I also put a good amount of water in the tray. Will this cause canoeing? Should I worry to much? They are going to be moved outside as soon as frost is done. I just don't want to mess them up, I have never had plants grow so vigorously.

Thanks for any help,
Nu2grow
I forgot picture

N

Nu2grow

They are heavy. No water till they lighten up? The canoed leaves will not return to health right? I should watch new growth? Thanks for quick response.

N

Nu2grow

They are heavy. No water till they lighten up? The canoed leaves will not return to health right? I should watch new growth? Thanks for quick response.
And what should I be feeding them. I have no grow store that knows af. All I could get my hands on is foxfarm big bloom.

N

Nu2grow

I was getting hot. Leaf temp was 85ish. I lifted the light About 8 - 10 inches.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Yes the roots need air,yes the new growth is what is important so you can tell if you're making headway as it starts to come around

N

Nu2grow

Thanks buzz. Any idea on what I should be looking for as far as weather goes to get my plants moved outside? I live in a pretty temperate region. It was snowing last night. I guess my question is, what are the lowest temperatures that a plant can still make a good root to leaf exchange?

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Thanks buzz. Any idea on what I should be looking for as far as weather goes to get my plants moved outside? I live in a pretty temperate region. It was snowing last night. I guess my question is, what are the lowest temperatures that a plant can still make a good root to leaf exchange?
I think the temp tolerance would depend on the strain,I wouldn't put them out until they get healthier unless covered and warm. I'm in S Ontario and I don't put them in the ground till after may 24 to avoid a late frost. If we get some warm/hot day si usually put them in shade for the first while and graduate them as they acclimate

Reactions: TSD
Top Bottom