Three weeks into flowering questions

• Thread starter Freemans29
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Freemans29

Freemans29

I am 3 weeks into flowering on these two plant. Seems they are very dry, how often should I be watering? I was watering everyday and someone told me to be careful about over watering during flower and now they seem way too dry.

Three weeks into flowering questions
Three weeks into flowering questions 2
Three weeks into flowering questions 3
boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Looks like root issues, can you take pics of the whole plant?. You’ll also need to provide your grow details too. Medium, nutes, environment, etc.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
for watering use the "pick the pot up" method. you can tell if it needs water by picking it up (you dont actually have to lift a huge pot, but when you try you will see how much it weighs). at first, it was easier for me to fill a pot with the dirt only and lift it then lift the plants, then i could judge if they were light enough to water.

watering, i have noticed, causes the most issues for growers. @Aqua Man made a post on watering you might find useful.

Freemans29

Freemans29

Looks like root issues, can you take pics of the whole plant?. You’ll also need to provide your grow details too. Medium, nutes, environment, etc.
Should have added this onto my original thread. Fox farms ocean forest, tiger bloom, in a grow tent.

Freemans29

Freemans29

for watering use the "pick the pot up" method. you can tell if it needs water by picking it up (you dont actually have to lift a huge pot, but when you try you will see how much it weighs). at first, it was easier for me to fill a pot with the dirt only and lift it then lift the plants, then i could judge if they were light enough to water.

watering, i have noticed, causes the most issues for growers. @Aqua Man made a post on watering you might find useful.
Thank you! I have noticed issues with my plants once I stopped watering everyday. I use the pick up the pot method and mine always seem dry.

Freemans29

Freemans29

I think it may be light burn, I have raised my lights as high as I can and moved the plants around. But I am running out of space.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i dont think it is the light. i see nothing that makes me think light. google light damage and you will see what i mean

i think water.

when you water, how much are you putting on the plants. often watering problems are not how often but how much. what size pot is it in?

Freemans29

Freemans29

i dont think it is the light. i see nothing that makes me think light.

i think water.

when you water, how much are you putting on the plants. often watering problems are not how often but how much. what size pot is it in?
5 gallon pot, 1 gallon of water each time. There is always run off. I was watering daily and cut back to every 2-3 days. I think I need to go back to daily.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you dont regime the water, you give when needed.

so, water them. then dont water again till the pot is light as a feather (exaggeration, not really a feather). every day (several times a day if you can) pick it up (not really all the way up, but when you bend to lift you can tell the weight) when it is light, water. depending on all the environmental conditions it may need water at differing times and days. for instance, if a fan blows on it it may need water sooner. if it is a humid day they might need water less. i know we are all on clocks, but the plant isnt! she is just a female and when she wants water she will say so!

same with the amount, that can differ too. as more roots fill the container the water will run through them and out as run off faster. sometimes it takes watering slower (dont just dump it on there) so it can sip instead of gulp!

Top Bottom