Thrips won't go away? Botanigard?

• Thread starter Kushizle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kushizle

Kushizle

Hey all, I'm currently dealing with thrips that won't seem to go away no matter what I try. Insect soaps and beneficial mites haven't really done much as they just keep coming back a week or two later. I'm wondering if anyone here has used the product 'BotaniGard' with any success against thrips? I have some infected clones that I really don't want to scrap so starting over isn't really an option here. Thanks!!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Hey all, I'm currently dealing with thrips that won't seem to go away no matter what I try. Insect soaps and beneficial mites haven't really done much as they just keep coming back a week or two later. I'm wondering if anyone here has used the product 'BotaniGard' with any success against thrips? I have some infected clones that I really don't want to scrap so starting over isn't really an option here. Thanks!!
Are the plants in veg? If so, you can hit them with a number of products. You have to hit them every three days until they're gone.

Beneficials seem to keep populations low, but they don't always eliminate them.

P

Pike

When spraying, it’s pretty tough to get every surface of the plant, dunking if the plant is small enough is a better way to get coverage.

if and when( these days bags of soil seem to come with complimentary fungas gnats) I get pests, I strip off most all fans and then spray.
thrips and spider mites really are not much of a concern any more very easy to eliminate.

you could get barbaric and and hit um with azamax, avid or like products, just a few rounds of cuts it’s gone, also uv will get it outta the plant.

Ponky

Ponky

Thrips? Those come in from outside. You need continuous treatment. Or a steady supply of lady bugs or predators. Or serious systemic pesticide.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I killed thrips by spraying leaves with a drop of dawn to make leaves unpalatable, then let topsoil dry and de earthen the plant, thrips are nasty and hard to kill and will spread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom