OntarioGoldenHash

First time grower, time to harvest sooooon :D

Gimmme mooore milk :D :O

Through the looking glass near the end

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Picture was taken just before I had watered :D

I like to ensure I don't overwater :D

You would be amazed and how hard that is to actually accomplish. Overwatering is from frequency not from volume in most cases - especially in fabric pots with lots of porosity. Once the top soil is dry I know my plants need some water.

O

OntarioGoldenHash

You would be amazed and how hard that is to actually accomplish. Overwatering is from frequency not from volume in most cases - especially in fabric pots with lots of porosity. Once the top soil is dry I know my plants need some water.
So should I water if the top 1/2inches are dry then? I normally do it by weight, its amazing how light they can get.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

So should I water if the top 1/2inches are dry then? I normally do it by weight, its amazing how light they can get.

Yep. It gets to a point where you can just tell by looking at the colour of the top soil. Top soil dry -> water until a small amount of runoff. And then after a while you'll notice your plants get into a rhythym and they will start to demand the same amount of water every X amount of days. And then after a certain point in flower they will start to demand less water which will signify getting close to the finish line.

Especially important in organic grows to not let your soil completely dry out otherwise you start killing good things.

O

OntarioGoldenHash

Yep. It gets to a point where you can just tell by looking at the colour of the top soil. Top soil dry -> water until a small amount of runoff. And then after a while you'll notice your plants get into a rhythym and they will start to demand the same amount of water every X amount of days. And then after a certain point in flower they will start to demand less water which will signify getting close to the finish line.

Especially important in organic grows to not let your soil completely dry out otherwise you start killing good things.
Good to know, thank you sooooo much. For my second grow I will be following your gaiagreen feed guide.

Top Bottom