Tight growing plant 🌱this thing has been topped like 3 or 4 times already

• Thread starter jayrock93
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jayrock93

So do alot of plants grow this tight together I can't hardly trim or train??
Tight growing plant never seen new to this

7munkee

7munkee

I always have the same problem(?). I see plants with three nodes that are like a foot tall and mine are always like half that height with three nodes. I have a 300 watt light and i have even started it on full power at 5 feet above and STILL can't get a tall plant.

What I do is use garden staples and staple the branches down and it helps open the plant up. Keep moving them outwards as they get taller.

I actually PREFER a short plant because I'm a dedicated scrogger.

J

jayrock93

I always have the same problem(?). I see plants with three nodes that are like a foot tall and mine are always like half that height with three nodes. I have a 300 watt light and i have even started it on full power at 5 feet above and STILL can't get a tall plant.

What I do is use garden staples and staple the branches down and it helps open the plant up. Keep moving them outwards as they get taller.

I actually PREFER a short plant because I'm a dedicated scrogger.
So this is normal? Lol I've never grown small tight ones like this have another thread if you can help me out buddy thanks!!!

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Jayrock,

What light are you using specifically? I need to look it up to see PPFD and spectrum. Is there a red switch or flower switch or anything like that?

Also you really don't want a cave in the top of the pot, you want the plant out of the pot. Adding more dirt next time will help. Air flow across the leaves is highly restricted there, and leaves touching soil is a bad idea.

Plant in the back appears to be overwatered.

J

jayrock93

Yes sir buddy if you can check out my other thread I'd appreciate it buddy
Screenshot 20221129 151100 Amazon Shopping

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Do you have the red channel on? If so, turn it off.

Blue = taller plants.
Red - shorter bushier plants.

Spectrum effects morphology significantly.

So get the red out as much as possible and probably bring the overall up a little to make up for the PPFD lost in red.

J

jayrock93

Yes but it's only like a couple diodes that are red almost to nothing and I can't turn those off it one setting for veg and flower unless I cover them with tape?

J

jayrock93

Do you have the red channel on? If so, turn it off.

Blue = taller plants.
Red - shorter bushier plants.

Spectrum effects morphology significantly.

So get the red out as much as possible and probably bring the overall up a little to make up for the PPFD lost in red.
Would it be bad to keep it normal then half way through veg block the red out to grow les compact and taller

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Yes but it's only like a couple diodes that are red almost to nothing and I can't turn those off it one setting for veg and flower unless I cover them with tape?
Was looking at this

Mars

Thought A and B were on switches? I guess they are just on all the time?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Sometimes Red and Far Red are good. If you are trying to boost vertical growth over sideways bushiness, red is bad.

If there are only a couple of red LEDs there, I find this spectrum chart impossible. I'm not going to be much help here with Mars.

J

jayrock93

Sometimes Red and Far Red are good. If you are trying to boost vertical growth over sideways bushiness, red is bad.

If there are only a couple of red LEDs there, I find this spectrum chart impossible. I'm not going to be much help here with Mars.
I'll send a picture of it in about an hour buddy if you wanna check back thanks alot!!!

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'll send a picture of it in about an hour buddy if you wanna check back thanks alot!!!
Sure no problem.

There may be some other things you could do besides spectrum, let me think about that a minute. Usually the problem is the plant is too tall for the tent, not too short.

J

jayrock93

Sure no problem.

There may be some other things you could do besides spectrum, let me think about that a minute. Usually the problem is the plant is too tall for the tent, not too short.
Ok that plant is topped like 3 or 4 time already

2Bad

2Bad

I have the same light. It's because you're topping. If you top it will take time to get taller. You're making it wider right now. Usually I just FIM but only if needed. Part genetics .. part training.

J

jayrock93

I have the same light. It's because you're topping. If you top it will take time to get taller. You're making it wider right now. Usually I just FIM but only if needed. Part genetics .. part training.
Ok bc I have 2 plants like that and the other 2
If you're worried about un-even canopy grab some MINI milk crates they sell them like 1$-$2 at walmart.
Not worried about u even just never Had one girl so small and tight when topping

J

jayrock93

If you're worried about un-even canopy grab some MINI milk crates they sell them like 1$-$2 at walmart.
Plus I am very new at this so just trying to see and learn how things are

J

jayrock93

I have another thread posted if you will check it out for me buddy

Top Bottom