Tim Tipton: The CO MMJ scam

• Thread starter Mr.Sputnik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

This is a thread dedicated to the man who continues to scam and rip off patients and caregivers. If you have a story of how Tim Tipton ripped you off please feel free to post it here.

I will start with my story.

I met Tim at the MMJ legal seminar in Aspen in 2005. He seemed like a nice guy. I was there with a friend of mine who had severe epilepsy and we wanted to figure out what I needed to do to become her caregiver.

Tim told me that he could hook me up with paperwork to secondary caregive for over 50 patients. I was registered as having 2 patients and he said he would get me 3 more patients signed over to take me to my max of 5. He also met a friend of mine who is a talented grower and told him he would get him 5 patients signed over as well. He charged $1,500 for this service and gave us a stack of photocopied patient cards with the SSN# blacked out (your social used to be on your card).

Tim said not to worry about plant count at our grow as we were covered for 250+ plants with the secondary caregivership paperwork. He also said he had warren edson on retainer for us if anything happened to go down with law enforcement.

I went over my 12 plants at my house thinking Tim had 3 more patients signing over for me. My friend and I decided to rent a house and fill up the basement with plants. We grew ISS in a SCROG so we didn't have a high plant count. I told my partner even though Tim says we're safe I didn't want to go over 60 plants as that's what my signed over patients and his combined would cover as I didn't trust the secondary caregivership to hold any weight in court. We didn't have cards of our own as this was at a time when only about 1,200 patents were on the registry in CO and you needed a VERY serious ailment to get one and you needed to know a doctor whom was willing to risk prosecution for you.

About 3 months went by, Tim had been picking up ounces for $250 from us the whole time. I could sell them all day at $350 a piece at this time. I come to find tim is selling my meds to patients for $325 an oz. I had asked tim about a month before where my 3 patients and my friends 5 patients were. He said it was in the process. At this time I told Tim I needed the paperwork on my 3 patients or I wasn't giving him more meds. He got shitty with me about it and he started dealing just with my partner.

I realized at this time that Tim was probably scamming us. I wondered how many other people Tim had charged $1,500 to and given them the same pile of photocopied red cards that I had. I harvested my last plants that were over count and told my partner that I needed to bail on the partnership as I didn't trust Tim to be who he makes himself out to be. Months of setup time and work for nothing, but I didn't want the risk.

My partner was raided about a month later. Tim had never gotten him the 5 patients signed over and the stack of photocoped red cards was worthless. Tim got the phone as he thought my partner had more meds for him. Tim blew him off, he didn't have Edson on retainer, it was all a scam so tim could profit at the risk and expense of someone else. My friend now has a felony cultivation charge thanks to Tim Tipton.

I got lucky. I had a feeling in my gut that Tim was a scam artist and I bailed before he got the best of me.

I've heard stories that Tim eventually put all of those red cards on a DVD and ran that scam for a long time.

Tim also scammed my friend Rednik. I'll tell him I posted a thread up about Tim and I'm sure you'll here his story too. Tim has scammed so many people that it came full circle in my group of friends.

Tripsick

Tripsick

Too bad this isn't a real Drug or Tim wouldn't be around anymore after screwing the first person.

P

pikes peak 69

This thread will fill up fast.
Back later for mine.

D

dman16

very interesting would like to hear as much as possible from people who have been scammed or info in general. is he still out there doing this? any dispensary he is affiliated with now?

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

very interesting would like to hear as much as possible from people who have been scammed or info in general. is he still out there doing this? any dispensary he is affiliated with now?

Rocky mountain caregivers cooperative. He's still out there doing this. I know people who pray they don't run into Tim at the grocery store as they don't want to be responsible for the outcome. If I saw the guy on his jap bike a ladder might just fall off of my truck.

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

This man needs to be tied to the stake and stoned!! Its sickening to hear such story!! Im so sorry for you and your friend!! I wish yall well!!

click80

click80

whoa...i came close to this

I was living in southwest colorado...i had just gotten my card and a friend of mine told me about a guy who had a way for us to start a huge grow show and be covered by "secondary caregiver rights"

he had paperwork that asked for pedigree info ie: ssn and/or registry number, name, dob etc....in exchange for that and a fee he would give over a list of some type that would cover a big grow show....

he was kinda pushing me and some others to get this done as the guy was riding his motorcycle down from Telluride that day....i wonder if it was same guy???

Anyway...the thing sounded sketchy...secondary caregiver stuff and all...glad i have gut feelings also...

what a jerk off...

P

pikes peak 69

He did have that disc floating around for a while. There was a guy at cabana that told his story about getting a copy.
Also reports of TT going out of state and had lbs donated to give to patients. Sold for his own pocket.
A former patient of mine had TT as a cg for awhile, the stories of leaves and sticks as meds were abundant.
There are way more stories but you can also search him on ICFAG and see most of his posts were adds and empty promises.

pp69

D

DrGreenGenes

I've heard similar stories......sure glad I never ran into this douchebag....

H

HappyGrower

Karma can be such Great Thing!:hi......But, Screw over Medical Patients like that, and Karma can come back and bite ya on the a** when u least expect it. Don't worry, this TT Guy will get his in the end......

HappyGrower :mad0233:

T

TyKaycha

Just a quick story. Met Tim through his Meetup.com group - something like North Denver Caregivers Group (something like that). Anyway, met him and he was trying to hawk this cd-rom containing a bunch of scanned copies of patient's paperwork. Said all I had to do was print them out and attached them to my plants.
Didn't sound right to me, so didn't go for it.

cardrack111

cardrack111

I will take care of him...for a cut of the 13dawgs.:evilgrin0040: Anyone got a picture of this piece of dogshit so i kno what to look for?

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

he was trying to hawk this cd-rom containing a bunch of scanned copies of patient's paperwork. Said all I had to do was print them out and attached them to my plants.

Hey Tim (COmidnightrider), you wanna explain about this? Lying to people and putting them at risk of a felony just to put a few bucks in your pocket? I don't know how you sleep at night Tim, especially KNOWING that you have caused multiple people to recieve felony charges yet you still continue to run this scam. Probably because the people you screwed are compassionate and smart enough not to take revenge, or maybe you have your groceries delivered.

You have no soul Tim. Compassion doesn't mean bankroll your wallet at the expense of someone elses freedom and hard earned income. Oh yea, you don't pay taxes do you Tim. It's all "non-profit".

If any of this is untrue you are welcome to defend yourself COmidnightrider. Don't change the subject off of the photocopied red cards, I know how you LOVE to do that.

M

mrdizzle

drop a dime on this cunt, that old fuck hits a crotch rocket, dude looks like hes knee deep in AIDS.

A

alyeska

Karma can be such Great Thing!:hi......But, Screw over Medical Patients like that, and Karma can come back and bite ya on the a** when u least expect it. Don't worry, this TT Guy will get his in the end......

HappyGrower :mad0233:
Yes he will definently get his, he will eventually run into the wrong person. Hopefully earlier than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom