Timber 4vl & Germinating Seeds = Overkill?

• Thread starter zurple
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zurple

zurple

I am setting up a 2x4 tent with dwc hydro setup. I have a Timber 4vl 3500 light and it's my only light I am using.

I am going to germinate some seeds to get started, but not sure if I should use this light over the seedlings, but if so, how far above them to keep from stretching too much? I can run just 2 of the 4 cobs if I need to and it has the dimmer to run lower as well. The Timber website says 18" above canopy, but I think this doesn't include seedlings?

I just don't want to screw them up off the bat. This is my first grow, so be gentle. lol

sammy2

sammy2

I am setting up a 2x4 tent with dwc hydro setup. I have a Timber 4vl 3500 light and it's my only light I am using.

I am going to germinate some seeds to get started, but not sure if I should use this light over the seedlings, but if so, how far above them to keep from stretching too much? I can run just 2 of the 4 cobs if I need to and it has the dimmer to run lower as well. The Timber website says 18" above canopy, but I think this doesn't include seedlings?

I just don't want to screw them up off the bat. This is my first grow, so be gentle. lol
I would adjust the cobs down to 200 watt for a few weeks and go from there.

zurple

zurple

How far away should I place the light? Going to be odd seeing 2-3 tiny little sprouts sitting in the grow tent with so much room and 400 watt lights over them.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok it's not the best but will get ya close. Download "light meter" app by My mobile tools dev. If you have an android.

For seedlings 5000-10000 lumens max.

If your light is dimmable I would hang about 18" and dim to reach those levels. If it's not just adjust the height.

After the 3-4 node you can start increasing about 5000-7000 lumen a week but watch for signs of light stress.

Like I say it's not as good as an actual par meter but much better than nothing

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I'd run it at full strength, but put the light about 30" above them. If the seedlings stretch, lower the light 2" a day down to 20 inches.

zurple

zurple

Ok it's not the best but will get ya close. Download "light meter" app by My mobile tools dev. If you have an android.

For seedlings 5000-10000 lumens max.

If your light is dimmable I would hang about 18" and dim to reach those levels. If it's not just adjust the height.

After the 3-4 node you can start increasing about 5000-7000 lumen a week but watch for signs of light stress.

Like I say it's not as good as an actual par meter but much better than nothing

Thanks for the advice, and I will try that app. I may consider getting a par meter in the future, especially if I take this hobby on full time. This is my first run with bag seed, so I won't be out much if it goes south. I'd rather practice with the free seeds before dropping cash on premium seeds.

B

Burned Haze

Dim it ( I start at 15ish%) and adjust per day and watch how the plants react ( have the reflector 10-12 inches away )

Top Bottom