Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Thinking very seriously about buying 2 kits now and 2 later on. All 200 watt ones. Was advised by Dan from customer service to use four 200 watt ones to cover my 3 foot by 7 foot room. This makes sense to me.
Looking for anyone with experience using any Timber Grow Lights. Good, bad, ugly or indifferent, all comments are welcome.

Timber grow lights megathread

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Has anyone completed a grow using Timber Grow Lights ?

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

They use the same COB's that DIY guys use, 3590's. The grow is as good as you grow. LED's only reduce your heat load by a LOT. you still need to time, control, and plan for success. Timber is good folks, no bad words spoken of them, I have heard. Good product and nice look too. great choice. When you want to replace all of those timers for those new lights, come see me here. https://growgreenled.wordpress.com/
peace
Avid

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
@AvidLerner, Thanks bro for stopping by and for the offer on the control. Sure looks like it would do the job. I have one kit on it`s way, all that I could afford at this time. Will add it to my 2 DS300`s and eventually replace them with 3 more of the 200 watt kits.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hit me with a link to this 200w kit please. All I seen was 300w kits for $600

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Got my first Timber Grow Light today. Very well packed, looks like it should do the job. Now I have to build a frame to hang `em in. That means a 66 mile trip to the big box store for me and wally world for my wife. Besides, ya never know what might fall into my cart there. Gotta wait `till Tuesday though, that`s payday.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Got my first Timber Grow Light today. Very well packed, looks like it should do the job. Now I have to build a frame to hang `em in. That means a 66 mile trip to the big box store for me and wally world for my wife. Besides, ya never know what might fall into my cart there. Gotta wait `till Tuesday though, that`s payday.
I'm gonna purchase one of these too. I'm eager to see what you design to hold the lights... So I'm subbed in...

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
I have a design worked out. If I knew how to draw it on the computer, I would, but me, being a non computer person, probably not gonna happen.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

pictures ??? are you growing in a legal state ???? if so then why bother and go big

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
pictures ??? are you growing in a legal state ???? if so then why bother and go big

Not everyone wants to "go big"

Some people like to create only what they need.

There is something to be said about taking a certain sized space and maximizing the overall efficiency.

For example I have only a 2x2 tent.
Which only takes a small light (400watt) . And small exhaust fan
("6 396cfm). This means it produces less heat. Which requires less air conditioning.

But it gives me just what I need.
While saving me money.

It`s all a matter of money.

Looks like he has got a similar opinion.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
My grow space is a room that I built in my garage. Actual space is 3' X 7' X 7' high. Was using 3/300 watt LED lights (Advanced Diamond Series 300/DS300`s). During my last grow one took a shit, called the company and was told, they`re obsolete, no parts available. Did not make me happy. Next, the second one, had some of the LED`s stop working. So, now I have one good DS300, one half assed DS300 and the new Timber grow light (200 watt). Plan to get 3 more of the Timber 200`s, when finances allow me to. Payday is Tuesday, on a fixed income, so I will buy some aluminum L channel to build the frame with.

Top Bottom