Is timber a good kit and how hard to put together

• Good

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

My grow space is a room that I built in my garage. Actual space is 3' X 7' X 7' high. Was using 3/300 watt LED lights (Advanced Diamond Series 300/DS300`s). During my last grow one took a shit, called the company and was told, they`re obsolete, no parts available. Did not make me happy. Next, the second one, had some of the LED`s stop working. So, now I have one good DS300, one half assed DS300 and the new Timber grow light (200 watt). Plan to get 3 more of the Timber 200`s, when finances allow me to. Payday is Tuesday, on a fixed income, so I will buy some aluminum L channel to build the frame with.
I Gonna go with the 300w. 2 of them 1 in Veg at 50% and 1 in flower... maxed out.
Down the road I'm gonna mix my 600mh, and my 600 hps in with the 300 led in flower for just 1 run. I'm gonna run that above 4×8 Scrog. That will be 1500w. But more comparable to 2000. And with led, mh, and hps all together, I'm excited to see....

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I too have been eyeballing some of the led fixtures out there.

Amare is a brand with great looking lights.
http://www.amaretechnologies.com/products.html

Browsing their catalog I could either fit (2) SolarSPEC™ SS.260 side by side.
View attachment 640295
http://www.amaretechnologies.com/ss260.html

Or fit (1) SolarECLIPSE
View attachment 640296
http://www.amaretechnologies.com/se.350.uv.html.
I haven't seen these yet. I have to go read about them before I comment.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Not everyone wants to "go big"

Some people like to create only what they need.

There is something to be said about taking a certain sized space and maximizing the overall efficiency.

For example I have only a 2x2 tent.
Which only takes a small light (400watt) . And small exhaust fan
("6 396cfm). This means it produces less heat. Which requires less air conditioning.

But it gives me just what I need.
While saving me money.

Looks like he has got a similar opinion.
Go big huh... Well I think that most research and development firms would say that your advice doesn't hold much merit. There is a lot of facets to growing such as dialing in a grow space. Sinking a ton of money in to unproven plans is a sure way to fail hugely on his first crop. Patience is what I would preach. Only handle what you can control. Move forward from there. I would also suggest that if profits are your goal, IMO getting up and going to work if physically able, and not having to buy your meds off the streets, is about as good as it gets... Honestly I probably wouldn't be doing near as good as I am, If it wasn't for what I've learned over the years working... Just my 2 cents...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

@rmoltis preach brother... We just trying to stay in our own lane and mind our own business..... have a little stash and save a few pennies. ..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I too have been eyeballing some of the led fixtures out there.

Amare is a brand with great looking lights.
http://www.amaretechnologies.com/products.html

Browsing their catalog I could either fit (2) SolarSPEC™ SS.260 side by side.
View attachment 640295
http://www.amaretechnologies.com/ss260.html

Or fit (1) SolarECLIPSE
View attachment 640296
http://www.amaretechnologies.com/se.350.uv.html.
I can't find a price on it. My thing is.. I want to be able to change where I mount them. I want to be able to mount them in a straight line or mount them around my Hps, mh. I want to have options. Plus I like to build stuff :)

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
My original thoughts were to get 2 / 300 watt LED`s. When I talked with Dan, he suggested to go with 4 / 200 watt LED`s. The 4 / 200`s will cover more area, mine is 3' X 7'.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

I was not trying to stir up the pot i just think there are many ways to skin a cat
I also think it can become pretty expensive lesson purchasing a unknown light that fails to give you what you wanted ..

I asked if you could post up a picture would like to see what it looked like is all
problem is i think people are expecting
outrageous yields from such a small unit 200 watts or even 300 watts

Growing either way can be great its finding your groove and deciding your end goals what you want
I love hid lighting in my books there is no substitute here 3.623 GPW one plant 1000 watt parabolic hood all i grow is one plant at a time due to laws to old now for Big number plant grows , that is pretty much as efficient as i can get with HID :)

But consult and mentor now
Scrog the bowl marijuana

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I was not trying to stir up the pot i just think there are many ways to skin a cat
I also think it can become pretty expensive lesson purchasing a unknown light that fails to give you what you wanted ..

I asked if you could post up a picture would like to see what it looked like is all
problem is i think people are expecting
outrageous yields from such a small unit 200 watts or even 300 watts

Growing either way can be great its finding your groove and deciding your end goals what you want
I love hid lighting in my books there is no substitute here 3.623 GPW one plant 1000 watt parabolic hood all i grow is one plant at a time due to laws to old now for Big number plant grows , that is pretty much as efficient as i can get with HID :)

But consult and mentor now View attachment 640340
well one thing is for sure,, you got the goods to back up your opinion! Looks awesome. I would however need heroin to get thru manicuring all them buds..
You kinda fooled us with your post. You made it seem like you wanted him to run 8- 1k lights. When in reality you are making our point exactly, that more with less is the platinum standard..
So you got 3.5 pds off of 1k?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

My original thoughts were to get 2 / 300 watt LED`s. When I talked with Dan, he suggested to go with 4 / 200 watt LED`s. The 4 / 200`s will cover more area, mine is 3' X 7'.
the dimensions of your grow space is prob why he recommended that setup for you. Sounds legit I guess. He must think 2 300w is over kill. They must be pretty tough lights for 400w to flower out a 3x7

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

well one thing is for sure,, you got the goods to back up your opinion! Looks awesome. I would however need heroin to get thru manicuring all them buds..
You kinda fooled us with your post. You made it seem like you wanted him to run 8- 1k lights. When in reality you are making our point exactly, that more with less is the platinum standard..
So you got 3.5 pds off of 1k?
shoot some more pics of that would ya.. ? I want to see the bottom of the plant. What are you growing with, nutes, hydro?

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Here is a couple of pictures. They might help ya understand how I think that I`m gonna build my frame verses building them in a straight line. This way covers more square feet of floor space. IMO.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Well, I finished assembling my 200 watt kit and if I do say so myself, it turned out good, real good. It works and did not blow up when I plugged it in. So I claim success. Anyway, here it is.
Plans.
IMG 0966

Top.
IMG 0967

Bottom
IMG 0969

That`s all folks.

Top Bottom