Time for veggies, Spiderfarmer SE5000, in an SF⛺️

• Thread starter Mr.GreenthumbOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hot peppers coming on. Salsa 2022 will be spicy.
Never grown hatch chilies. This years peppers were variety cayenne so not super hot, typically I’ve grown jalapeños, and cayenne.
Cayenne you say, I was given 2 small pepper plants that were supposed to be jalapeno but they're just like what you have there. yellow mild hot and not green jalapenos. I also have a few ghost peppers all have a ton of bud lets? flowers but they don't want to go to fruit...one plant is almost 4ft tall. still no peppers. First years for me with peppers but my Green/yellow & red are doing fine. I'm not sure if that's the peppers or environment 2 are outdoors the 1 4fter is in side

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Cayenne you say, I was given 2 small pepper plants that were supposed to be jalapeno but they're just like what you have there. yellow mild hot and not green jalapenos. I also have a few ghost peppers all have a ton of bud lets? flowers but they don't want to go to fruit...one plant is almost 4ft tall. still no peppers. First years for me with peppers but my Green/yellow & red are doing fine. I'm not sure if that's the peppers or environment 2 are outdoors the 1 4fter is in side
i've had pepper plants do that too. What I learned is if they're in high N soil (as the ones were when they did it to me) they won't set flowers. Peppers like lower N and higher PK with a lot of calcium. Otherwise they suffer from either not setting flowers or botrytis.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Cayenne peppers for me, usually progress from green to yellow to red. You can pick them green, but the heat picks up as the turn red. I dunno much about peppers, but as my taste buds are aging like the hot stuff more and more.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Gotta get into the garden and do some trimming, garden pruning and upkeep getting away from me somewhat.

DFC0686C 5CD1 4CA4 B1EF A122A1C19EBD
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
time to ripen! Majority of mine are also green, just a couple here and there turning red
Removing the leaves around the tomatoes will speed up the process for sure.
I’ve got cucumbers for days.🤣

521BB0E3 42D3 4665 B084 BB23B4FFE1AA
  • Haha
Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
nice, make some yogurt mixed with shredded cucumber and salt for taste
Have it with shots or while eating.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Different strokes I guess, we shred cucumber for tzatziki. Greek yogurt. Mmm

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
More than enough raspberries. Way to many actually, we make jam, freeze lots for baking or whatever, and give the rest away Picking a month later than usual but the fruit quality is great.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
any farm recommendation for grabbing fruits. Thinking of coming there for the longweeknd. camp somewhere by the lake

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
any farm recommendation for grabbing fruits. Thinking of coming there for the longweeknd. camp somewhere by the lake
Follow your nose, fruits east to find, except peaches, they didn’t like the cold spring.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I Know vegetable plants don’t have the same level of interest at the farm, and that’s ok, but I wanted to start a chat about vegetable gardening in 2022.
what are you planting this season?

thankful for the continued support of @SpiderFarmerLED, received a 4x4 tent, and SE5000 to light it up.
really quality gear, and like the the patch kit included for the tent, nice touch.

set the tent up on the weekend, and started up a few trays of plants including tomatoes, peppers, cukes, melons, and zucchini.
I find so much joy and satisfaction in starting seeds of any kind.
Like hell they don’t haha, I have a huge veggie garden, and now that I have spare lights we plan to start a veggie tent, been talking about it for months, it’ll be our winter garden 😁

Top Bottom