Time to dry crop, have questions

• Thread starter groran
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
groran

groran

I live in southern California and it's really dry here, like 5-15% most of the time. I use a hanging mesh 6 layer drying bag. Even though I keep an automated humidity control and keep the humidity at 70%, my buds are still dry in 2 days and all my buds have a hay smell and run me nuts as I would like to have a crop that smells piney, etc as the dispensary sells. It's in a clothes closet with minimal draft and stays dark. I use a small fan on low for circulation and I have the fan blowing away from the buds. I trim all the leaves and the buds are separated from each other and don't touch, before putting them in the mesh bag to dry. I put the last auto-crop in ziplock bags after a 2 day dry and monitored the humidity with a small digital meter and with the bag closed, it maintains 68% humidity and that told me they were pretty dry to a good number before putting them in the curing zip locks. Now, this is after drying for 2 days. I thought about increasing the humidity to 80% in the drying closet but get worried about mold. Of course, the humidistat could be off some, but I think it's close as I monitor the drying with a name brand remote humidity monitor. Also, the temp in the closet says around 78* most of the time. Any info is appreciated.

2Bad

2Bad

I live in southern California and it's really dry here, like 5-15% most of the time. I use a hanging mesh 6 layer drying bag. Even though I keep an automated humidity control and keep the humidity at 70%, my buds are still dry in 2 days and all my buds have a hay smell and run me nuts as I would like to have a crop that smells piney, etc as the dispensary sells. It's in a clothes closet with minimal draft and stays dark. I use a small fan on low for circulation and I have the fan blowing away from the buds. I trim all the leaves and the buds are separated from each other and don't touch, before putting them in the mesh bag to dry. I put the last auto-crop in ziplock bags after a 2 day dry and monitored the humidity with a small digital meter and with the bag closed, it maintains 68% humidity and that told me they were pretty dry to a good number before putting them in the curing zip locks. Now, this is after drying for 2 days. I thought about increasing the humidity to 80% in the drying closet but get worried about mold. Of course, the humidistat could be off some, but I think it's close as I monitor the drying with a name brand remote humidity monitor. Also, the temp in the closet says around 78* most of the time. Any info is appreciated.
sounds like your temps just too high. and you need to cure in jars dont think ziplocs are a standard in this industry.

Jakecan

Jakecan

Try not wet trimming before drying. Let them dry with the leaves still on.