Time To Flip?

• Thread starter damien50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
damien50

damien50

So I have this scrog set at 10" and I've never done this before and I'm thinking it looks to be about time but I don't know about scrogging so... Here's my Malawi x Panama ladies at almost 30 days of veg

Time to flip

London bud

London bud

Leave them in veg for now mate, some of your plants are barely reaching the net. They look nice but you got a lot more space to fill before you flip, just be patient n keep spreading them out

damien50

damien50

Leave them in veg for now mate, some of your plants are barely reaching the net. They look nice but you got a lot more space to fill before you flip, just be patient n keep spreading them out

I had read that sativas should be flipped when the net was around 75% full. The plant in the front started late and I just want monster crop clones from it.

Not arguing with you or anything but I didn't intend anything longer than a month so I was hoping they were about ready. But also when do I trim everything below the net?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I had read that sativas should be flipped when the net was around 75% full. The plant in the front started late and I just want monster crop clones from it.

Not arguing with you or anything but I didn't intend anything longer than a month so I was hoping they were about ready. But also when do I trim everything below the net?

If those stretch like my sativa leaners they will fill that net up easy. I always expect 3-4x as much plant on 2-3 weeks of 12/12.

damien50

damien50

If those stretch like my sativa leaners they will fill that net up easy. I always expect 3-4x as much plant on 2-3 weeks of 12/12.

That was my thinking plus the way I train, it's stupid, kept them short and branchy. I fimmed them at the 3rd node, bent them at the third once the fim was successful, then continued to fim 3-6 times and bend the branches down and out. I didn't want to deal with height issues and I wanted to take clones from everyone during flowering and I read the success rate for revegged clones was a lot lower.

I think they could have been taller but I limited their height intentionally.

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Malawi x Panama March 21..today (April 8) is day 78 and still going..I think another 10+ days.
Ace says 77 days..LOL (My 1st heavy duty Sativa and I want some amber..LMAO
Vegged only 5 weeks..flipped at 18". 3 gallon fabric pot to try and limit growth (Fail)..supercropped 4 times and still 3 ft tall!

Last two trichome shots were taken yesterday.

3 21 19 1
3 21 19
Snap1
DSC 1285
damien50

damien50

Malawi x Panama March 21..today (April 8) is day 78 and still going..I think another 10+ days.
Ace says 77 days..LOL (My 1st heavy duty Sativa and I want some amber..LMAO
Vegged only 5 weeks..flipped at 18". 3 gallon fabric pot to try and limit growth (Fail)..supercropped 4 times and still 3 ft tall!

Last two trichome shots were taken yesterday.

That makes me want to start flowering. Those are beautiful.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

That makes me want to start flowering. Those are beautiful.
TY..Be prepared..I got nervous when she lost a ton of leaves early on. Decided to see if she wanted more food (delicate but hardy feeder)..thus the burnt tips.

Today there are hardly any leaves left and yet..she forges ahead..As I mentioned..she was my 1st Sativa and was easier than expected..There will be alot of bud and hardly any Larf! (Lights are QBs (2700 and 3000k)..Nutes = Megacrop and a few other things tossed in. (flowered in a spare Bath tub with 10 foot high ceilings..just in case..LMAO

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That was my thinking plus the way I train, it's stupid, kept them short and branchy. I fimmed them at the 3rd node, bent them at the third once the fim was successful, then continued to fim 3-6 times and bend the branches down and out. I didn't want to deal with height issues and I wanted to take clones from everyone during flowering and I read the success rate for revegged clones was a lot lower.

I think they could have been taller but I limited their height intentionally.

For the stretch im saying there is no training in veg. Grown fast and straight. I always bend them in 12/12 during stretch. Or i guess train them to a net if this case.

Phylex

Phylex

I shoot for 70%, so 75% sounds accurate. At first glance I thought you should wait. So I decided to look for an old picture of mine. Afterward I looked back at yours again and keyed into your empty squares for reference. I'd say now you're fine flipping them. It's really up to you. Bending and super cropping through stretch will fill in most of your empty net. Mine was almost completely full after flipping a little early. I'd clean out the bottom beginning of week 3 and no later than day 21. You can mildly thin throughout if needed. Ideally you would have wanted either the net lower, or vegged longer. Reason being is to clean out whats below the net a week before flip and letting the plant recover a bit.

Here's a couple before and after pics for reference. Be forewarned they're not the best. I must have gotten lazy taking pics during this time of the grow.

First two pics are left side and right side. (Didn't have overall pic) I believe these were taken a day before flip.

The third pic is flower day 15

The last pics are flower day 43. I chopped these at day 64

Day35L
Day35R
FlowerDay15 3
FlowerDay436
FlowerDay4312
damien50

damien50

I shoot for 70%, so 75% sounds accurate. At first glance I thought you should wait. So I decided to look for an old picture of mine. Afterward I looked back at yours again and keyed into your empty squares for reference. I'd say now you're fine flipping them. It's really up to you. Bending and super cropping through stretch will fill in most of your empty net. Mine was almost completely full after flipping a little early. I'd clean out the bottom beginning of week 3 and no later than day 21. You can mildly thin throughout if needed. Ideally you would have wanted either the net lower, or vegged longer. Reason being is to clean out whats below the net a week before flip and letting the plant recover a bit.

Here's a couple before and after pics for reference. Be forewarned they're not the best. I must have gotten lazy taking pics during this time of the grow.

First two pics are left side and right side. (Didn't have overall pic) I believe these were taken a day before flip.

The third pic is flower day 15

The last pics are flower day 43. I chopped these at day 64

I appreciate the help. It doesn't seem like there are too many hard and fast rules so I went ahead and flipped them. Your plants looked great btw and I hope I can get a satisfying end product despite not necessarily doing it the conventional way.

Phylex

Phylex

I appreciate the help. It doesn't seem like there are too many hard and fast rules so I went ahead and flipped them. Your plants looked great btw and I hope I can get a satisfying end product despite not necessarily doing it the conventional way.
My guess is they're going to turn out great for you. The netting pictured in mine is 6" x 6". I learned I should have used smaller squares. 2x2 or 3x3 would have been perfect. Smaller squares allows for easier manipulation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom