timer trouble

• Thread starter krom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

krom

hi all farmers. I need your help for my current grow. My timer was accidentally switch to perpetual on position. So the light didn't stop as usally at 6:30am, i've checked my room at 3pm and stopped the light but what to do now?
The light must turn on at 6:30pm so the plants will have a 3:30night or i should delay the start of the light to make a longer night?
Thanks for rapid answer if you can.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
One interruption should not cause hermi's but it's possible if the strain is sensitive enough. Stick with the same schedule.

K

krom

thank you for your answers guys. I stick to the regular schedule and cross my fingers to not see bananas coming.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Fingers crossed for you. Be extra careful the rest of the way through and you should be fine.

K

krom

Perhaps your good vibes will help my girls to stay beautiful girls.
It's only my second indoor crop(expirimented with outdoor) and i have to face many difficulties as my box is in a very old farm warehouse without heat insulation so the temp can be terrible in the big room where my box is.
I have to use a heater when the light is off to keep the temp above 20Ā°c. My plants perform good but slighty slower than they should. Specially the skunk#1 from TFD, the pure. This is a pic of a lower bud(but higher buds are not more developped)at 5 weeks of flowering:

Skunk1the pure
D

Denny Crane

I have done this myself on more than one occasion (Goddam cheap assed timers!!), but most of this is from reading others thoughts on the forums, so although it seems to have worked for me, it may not give you the same results.

My lights are on a 12/12 schedule with timers, the A/C is on a 14/10 and comes on an hour before and stays on for an hour after lights out.
I got up in the middle of the night, and just happened to look at the "Weather Station Monitor" and saw the temps at 98!! WTF? Lights are supposed to be out!! Evidently, the lights didn't go out as planned, but the A/C sure did.

I've been on the forums now long enough to have developed an opinion of who knows what they are saying, and those who parrot info. According to the ones whose opinion I respect, the dark cycle is the important one, and the one that triggers the hormones for flowering, etc. Daytime can get dark early or later, but the dark cycle is sacrosanct. If you have to, let them have a longer night, then turn the lights on as usual. They have to have a minimum of a 12 hr night, It can be 14, 16, even 24 hrs, but the key is UNINTERRUPTED dark If you notice the lights on, say at noon, turn them of and let them go until the next time the lights are scheduled on again so that they'll get a long night. Then return to the normal schedule.
Translation= If your timer screws up, Turn them out and leave them out until they are due to come on again for the next light cycle.
I am the timer now until I can scrape enough together to get a real timer for the entire circuit.

Moral of story, don't cheap out. I have spent more money replacing Yugos than if I had bought the Cadillac in the first place.
The little dual outlet plug in type of timers may well be all well and good for CFLs, floros, and maybe even 400w HIDs, but do not try and use them with 1K lights. It just don't work out well.

Top Bottom